Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

How many points do you expect this season?

• Thread starter Deleted member (smith)
  • Start date
D

Deleted member (smith)

This is the fourth season in the premier league .in 2018 wolves achieved 57 points , in 2019 59 points, and in 2020 45 points. 2020 had more disruption because of the Jimenez , Jonny and Neto long term injuries . Injuries have hampered the 2021 season too but after 13 games 20 points have been achieved…extrapolating this could be around 60 points but we still have the harder fixtures and as Bruno has said winter is coming.

match threads are littered with criticism of players and the manager and the directors and shareholders , although i suspect the majority recognise this has been the best four years in the last 50.

how many points do you think wolves will get this season and what do you think will be satisfactory to reduce criticism?

my personal view is 57 points and top ten would be an excellent achievement in the long journey to challenge the big six.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At risk of sounding like a stuck record, much depends on whether Shi backs Bruno and to what extent.
I just hope that if Adama is sold, that the money does not go on Trincao.

Sadly just cannot see the 3-4 (first team ready) additions that Bruno wants. I hope I’m wrong.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll go for a relatively pessimistic 50.
Reckon that’s enough for top half, any better and there’s a chance of sneaking into the Sherpa Van of Europe.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
On the basis that at the half way stage I'm thinking we'll be on about 27 then I'll hope for and be quite pleased with 54 and push on for next season.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Neto comes back fit ,firing and early enough and Traore money isn't wasted then 50 plus.

Otherwise 42 is always the answer.

Nivada

Reaction score
54, which will be enough for 7th this year.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
45 if we keep being inconsistent. If bruno gets his head from up his **** and tweaks the team and formation to suit the opposition were playing gets a couple of midfielders in january. I think 60 points is very achievable.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be happy with 45, cant see much being done in the January window.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
38 games 58 points

To say we have 20 points by the start of December is remarkable if we can just have a half decent December say 9 points we are looking in good shape Bruno’s method of winning at home and drawing away is old school haha

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
57 is ideal, about 1.5 points a game. Definitely achievable and really jts what we’re on course for. Whether 57 gets you 6th/7th/8th/9th we’ll see but it should get top half minimum.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It all depends on the midfielder options for me. If we were to lose Neves and Moutinho to injuries - especially both at the same time - we'd be in **** street

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
COuld be some very revised numbers in about 17 days! After yesterday, 46 pts. Before yesterday, 46 pts. When the season started, 46 pts. About 46, then.

I agree with Brockmorewolf that we could do much better if we made some good signings, specifically midfield. I don't think we will, though. So it will be business as unusual.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

At risk of sounding like a stuck record, much depends on whether Shi backs Bruno and to what extent.
I just hope that if Adama is sold, that the money does not go on Trincao.

Sadly just cannot see the 3-4 (first team ready) additions that Bruno wants. I hope I’m wrong.
I am hopeful they are honest with Trincao, he could improve and i dearly hope he does, but thus far it is blatantly obvious we shouldn't be signing him imo - we didn't sign Vitinha afterall. Spiers noted in the Athletic that Valdir Cardozo, Mendes' man who worked really closely with us up until this year, hasn't been at a game this season when he used to go to most so we might be branching out from Jorge a bit (Mosquera and Hwang had nothing to do with him).

D

Deleted member (smith)

Second part of the question though was how many points would be a good season ? good enough to end criticism of players manager, directors and ..owners…my view is 59 points should exceed reasonable expectations and suggest they know what they are doing.

D

Deleted member (smith)

of course below 45 points may be a sacking offense and 46-58 a barely acceptable result

Back
Top Bottom