Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

How Many Coaches Going to Wembley ?

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hatherton have just announced taking six (with about five already full).
Tatter are taking twelve, I think I saw on facebook and K-ford looking at Ten ? which would be tremendous, what are Cannock and Telfords plans, let alone what Wolves official will take, anyone know ? I believe wolves on tour are going to the Millenium stadium ?:)

N

Northamptonwolf

Why sit on a coach, pull up last minute (or late with some companies) when you can go on the train and have the freedom to make a day of it?

Did the coach twice

Once in the enforced bubble to cardiff away
Once to Carlisle when it was free

Never again!

S

Staten Island Wolf

Used to love the old Don Everal coaches back in the 60s and 70s. A great feeling rolling into Leeds, Everton, or wherever, 30 coaches in a row with open windows and scarves and flags flying.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hatherton have just announced taking six (with about five already full).
Tatter are taking twelve, I think I saw on facebook and K-ford looking at Ten ? which would be tremendous, what are Cannock and Telfords plans, let alone what Wolves official will take, anyone know ? I believe wolves on tour are going to the Millenium stadium ?:)
The Millennium stadium? Why go to Cardiff?

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why sit on a coach, pull up last minute (or late with some companies) when you can go on the train and have the freedom to make a day of it?

Did the coach twice

Never again!

Train will be a nightmare getting back to Wolves. Plus police can easily hold up trains which has happenee a few times to me. Can really **** up day.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Used to love doing the coaches.

However Sunday for me shall be a few beers then a train into London Bridge to have a drink up with the lads before heading to Wembley, I wouldn't want the coach considering the traffic surrounding Wembley and coming in and out of NW London on a sunday.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Do the Wolves Travel Club still run coaches to games?
I haven't heard much about them in recent times.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Punjabi Wolves are taking 3 coaches

Im taking train but must admit coach does seem easier as train will be a ****ing nightmare after match

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went with a Plymouth supporting friend to the playoff finals at Wembley in the mid 90’s on the coach and I was amazed to see dozens of ‘coach spotters’ in the coach car park taking photos and rego’s of scores of coaches. Never knew that such a thing existed. They got quite excited when our convoy of Charlie Chester (I kid not!) coaches rolled in.

N

Northamptonwolf

Train will be a nightmare getting back to Wolves. Plus police can easily hold up trains which has happenee a few times to me. Can really **** up day.

Travel by train to pretty much all away and home games and 90% of the time they are fine.

Just a quick look but just from euston alone there are at least 10 trains you can get after 8pm to get back to Wolverhampton

D

Deleted member 4453

Did the coach twice

Never again!

Although I agree with the freedom point. Rammed trains with people's crotches shoved in your face for (sometimes) whole journeys is infuriating, for myself anyway.
Never seem to have a good train journey.
Wolves Official and Tatter are incredibly reliable though mind.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You're thinking of Ronnie Biggs not Pigs

ginboomerang

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dave, we've filled 5 buses, I'm trying to get another 3 buses....not optimistic.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Travel by train to pretty much all away and home games and 90% of the time they are fine.

Just a quick look but just from euston alone there are at least 10 trains you can get after 8pm to get back to Wolverhampton

Done it many times myself and will be on train for Semis but everyone will be rammed. Its not the Wolves bit it the Wembley out bit thatll be rough.

Back to coaches. Most decent ones are full now.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Used to love doing the coaches.

However Sunday for me shall be a few beers then a train into London Bridge to have a drink up with the lads before heading to Wembley, I wouldn't want the coach considering the traffic surrounding Wembley and coming in and out of NW London on a sunday.

Tbf Wembley is pretty much on the north circular and next to the motorway. It’s a city of 10-12m people so a few hundred extra coaches aren’t going to do that much damage.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf Wembley is pretty much on the north circular and next to the motorway. It’s a city of 10-12m people so a few hundred extra coaches aren’t going to do that much damage.
Each to their own, always found it to be a bitch, but then I find driving down here in general to be a bitch, don’t think I’ve owned a car in over 5 years.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Did the coach twice

Never again!
Might even end up at the wrong bloody ground. Even a well run coach company is at the whim of tens and hundreds of thousands of others. Only takes some dick head with a caravan overtaking on the inside twenty miles up the motorway and there goes your trip to Wembley. At least with the trains the risks from others are minimised.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Used to use WolvesTravelAway, was cheaper than the official coach, used to leave earlier and do a pub stop on route for a couple of hours.
One particular highlight was about Everton, when about 8 coaches pulled into warrington and piled into Witherspoons

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Used to love the old Don Everal coaches back in the 60s and 70s. A great feeling rolling into Leeds, Everton, or wherever, 30 coaches in a row with open windows and scarves and flags flying.
For he's a jolly good driver, and he darener tip we up.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Did the coach twice

Never again!
Going from Wolverhampton by train is not straightforward. A couple of changes so screwed if delays. And getting back a possible nightmare.

N

Northamptonwolf

Going from Wolverhampton by train is not straightforward. A couple of changes so screwed if delays. And getting back a possible nightmare.
You can do wolverhampton to london direct without changing. My mate does it every home game.

Even if you need to change its not difficult

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Did the coach twice

Never again!
You did pick probably the two worse case scenario's tbf. Don't get me wrong I love the train, especially to London or Nottingham and I go on it occasionally, but I have really seen our country by going to matches on a coach.
There are some great towns out there for drinking sessions:- St Albans, Eastleigh, Chipping Sodbury, Newport Pagnell, Ashburton, Burton on trent, Altrincham, Alrewas, Ellesmere Port, Sutton Coldfield, Worksop, New Haughton, Thetford, St Neots , Thirsk, Stowmarket, Durham, Accrington, Birtley and the jewel in the Crown- Chorley, quite apt really as thousands of Wolves fans actually have been to Chorley !

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rose tinted view, no windows on a coach (that you can open anyway and we never took 30 coaches to Leeds or Everton in the seventies, trust me ! other places on occasion and in later years.

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Used to use WolvesTravelAway, was cheaper than the official coach, used to leave earlier and do a pub stop on route for a couple of hours.
One particular highlight was about Everton, when about 8 coaches pulled into warrington and piled into Witherspoons
**** me , what was your low light !:D:eek:

Back
Top Bottom