Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

How long have you been a member on here

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I used to be on the old E&S site under the name of OfWolfAnd Man which was a title of a Metallica track. The E&S used to take some of our post-match comments for the newspaper and a few of mine made it into print. I don't recall when I joined The Mix but it's many years ago. Maybe this is an appropriate time to say thanks to those who contribute loads of useful info regarding the U18/U21s and players out on loan and also those who provide an understanding of such diverse matters as the club's accounts, FFP and stadium developments.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Does Truls email list count as the first incarnation, because that's how long back I go. Moved onto the Mix very early on and looked forward to my helping of the Friday Thread each week, oh what a joy that was. No Transfer Window threads back then, we didn't even know what a Transfer Window was. And then of course the halcyon days of football before VAR.

I remember one year running a new kit voting series of thread's and Leeb did some fancy stuff on MS Paint to bring the choices to life, bet I still have the finished article somewhere.

My favourite moment must be when the gang of 10 from The Mix went in to meet with Jeff and Co a few years back.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since 2005 on here, but from 2000 on the old E&S site

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can someone elucidate the 'heron' to me. I was absent then and missed everything

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure - just look in the top right corner for me.
I know i don't have many post as others, but i'd like to think mines more about quality than quantity :)
You can think what you like Smokey ;)

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Since 2005 and the site before that, the old E&S forum before that, and Trul's email list before that. We've all seen a lot come and go. I've noticed over the years that there are some who plod on like me and then others who join and post prolifically for a relatively short period (like all the time, day after day) and then disappear. It's as if they burn themselves out.

Interestingly, in all that time, I have never knowingly met another Mix member in person despite going to the vast majority of Wolves games for all of that time.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was on the old e&s site when Aiden ran things back in the day
Me too. Same moniker.
Think I joined in 1999, during Clown Lee’s years. Is the Hawthorns Heartbeat still a thing?

Green Wolf

Reaction score
I think it was before 2005 I remember wba fans giving us lots of abuse when Dave Jones was appointed 2001
Yes I think you are correct. I remember we got the internet at home in 1998 and quickly found the E&S website which in those days was called WestMidlands.com
I think the message boards (now these days known as forums) came soon after that. There was also Hawthorns Heartbeat and Bescot Buzz.
There is the WayBackMachine which could check some of this...might have a butcher's.

The Pie Poker

Reaction score
I was here in the E&S days. Literally the Internet had just started so my work never blocked the external Internet use, so I lived on here. Back when Off Topic threads were allowed on the main board.

I remember thinking when E&S washed their hands of Mol Mix that they're just worried of getting sued due to comments. Which is silly when it's a "discussion forum"

But nothing has changed to be fair, overly moderated on here imo. Nobody is sueing a free speech forum.

But we still stand strong at least, so that's a testament at least.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember the E & S site so I since around then. If it wasn't for this site I could have been a contender.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Including the old E&S days, over 20 years now. It all ended in tears I know, but thinking back to the blow up season when the board was essentially merged with Hawthorns Heartbeat, the banter was truly unreal.

For anyone around as long as me and can remember when Blue And White Stripe had a full on breakdown and posted his CV online just to try and prove a point, those really were the glory days.

Wigan Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Been on this for donkey years.
Was on it when E&S ran it and was a regular on Truls site (good old days). I was at the first Mix meet in Wolverhampton.

Green Wolf

Reaction score

The above link will take you to a page from the original forum in 2001. I used the Way Back Machine to find it. Hopefully the link will work.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Me too. Same moniker.
Think I joined in 1999, during Clown Lee’s years. Is the Hawthorns Heartbeat still a thing?
Was wolfette back in the day, used to be free for all pretty much with baggies and saddler fans

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was on the old E&S site before getting an account on here.

I remember Hawthorns Heartbeat before it had a Myocardial Infarction

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Including the old E&S days, over 20 years now. It all ended in tears I know, but thinking back to the blow up season when the board was essentially merged with Hawthorns Heartbeat, the banter was truly unreal.

For anyone around as long as me and can remember when Blue And White Stripe had a full on breakdown and posted his CV online just to try and prove a point, those really were the glory days.
Remember it well, was pretty hilarious!

Living at other WWFC

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Dunno. A dozen years or more.
Previously used another forum - Molineux Way ? Can't remember.
Before one game, met up with a Halesowen Wolf (Darren?). for a few drinks. I must have used the train. A good fellow.

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Since 2015 was over on the-wolf before that but did my head in

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ten years for me. Though not a regular contributor until the last few years.

Nivada

Reaction score
12 years now, Circa 2010! Was a lot more active back then than I am now although I must admit my post frequency tends to correlate with the peaks

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was here in the E&S days. Literally the Internet had just started so my work never blocked the external Internet use, so I lived on here. Back when Off Topic threads were allowed on the main board.

I remember thinking when E&S washed their hands of Mol Mix that they're just worried of getting sued due to comments. Which is silly when it's a "discussion forum"

But nothing has changed to be fair, overly moderated on here imo. Nobody is sueing a free speech forum.

But we still stand strong at least, so that's a testament at least.
Re your second and penultimate para l suggest that you look at what the Oystons did to some on Blackpool forums. There are other examples out there too.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes I think you are correct. I remember we got the internet at home in 1998 and quickly found the E&S website which in those days was called WestMidlands.com
I think the message boards (now these days known as forums) came soon after that. There was also Hawthorns Heartbeat and Bescot Buzz.
There is the WayBackMachine which could check some of this...might have a butcher's.
Bescot Buzz was anything but buzzing....

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He was nuts....he then went onto Rivals and did the same sort of thing and was eventually banished as a pariah from the other WBA messageboards.....ended up having to make his own forum with about 3 mates where only they could post. He banned me for suggesting that with so few of them, they should make better use of SMS as a means of communication.

That Rivals was something else, a single login and access to every club forum and "anything" was allowed for years. Disappeared one day due to legal issues.
BBC used to have a good messageboard too...same sort of thing with little moderation. That was canned as well.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score

Aaaargh...BAWS!!!! That is a blast from the past!

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I started on the old E&S site before this - my days at work were spent on that while also playing Earth:2025 online - I remember vividly Monday mornings at work in the late 90s were brilliant as there was loads of Wolves stuff to talk about and loads of turns had built up over the weekend on Earth:2025.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was on the old e&s site when Aiden ran things back in the day

Same but had to recreate my account at some point, email system I was originally registered with closed down.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aaaargh...BAWS!!!! That is a blast from the past!

I remember when another albion board replaced it's forum software and they all had to re-register. I registered as BAWS before he'd woken up, and made a very long post apologising to all those people I'd offended, promised to mend my ways and control my temper, was hoping for a clean slate and as a peace offering offered to buy anybody a pint at the next home match if they came up and said hello.
BAWS went apoplectic but because he had to use a different username, nobody believed it was him and said he was the imposter. He ended up having to ring the site owner and prove his identity.

I also remember when he wheedled his way in as a moderator when somebody went on holiday, and like all dictators, within a few days he was banning people all over the place. He tried to IP ban an albion fan from Bristol, but because he didn't understand IP addressing he took out the whole Virginmedia subscriber base south of Worcester and then couldn't fix it. They sacked him off after that.

Green Wolf

Reaction score
I remember when another albion board replaced it's forum software and they all had to re-register. I registered as BAWS before he'd woken up, and made a very long post apologising to all those people I'd offended, promised to mend my ways and control my temper, was hoping for a clean slate and as a peace offering offered to buy anybody a pint at the next home match if they came up and said hello.
BAWS went apoplectic but because he had to use a different username, nobody believed it was him and said he was the imposter. He ended up having to ring the site owner and prove his identity.

I also remember when he wheedled his way in as a moderator when somebody went on holiday, and like all dictators, within a few days he was banning people all over the place. He tried to IP ban an albion fan from Bristol, but because he didn't understand IP addressing he took out the whole Virginmedia subscriber base south of Worcester and then couldn't fix it. They sacked him off after that.
Well, I have no idea whether this post is BS or not but it has made me cry with laughter. Great entertainment. My chest hurts now!
Yes, I certainly remember BAWS. An absolute bennie.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

BAWS was a first class **** though. I got into an online spat with him and he offered to take it into real life. He said he was from Sheffield, (whether he really was or not I don’t know) and he said he’d be at The Broadfield pub at a certain time, but was a no-show.
I get that this also makes me look a **** but I was young and impetuous.

Back
Top Bottom