Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

How GOOD was our fans AGAIN....??

D

Dewsburywolf

Outsinging a "support" that was supposedly 10 times as many as us. "You're supposed to be at home"

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness numbers don't tell the whole story as many at home don't sing whilst most away fans do. Manys the game at the Mol where away fans have embarassed us.
That is not to say our away support is anything other than excellent usually.

L

Langdale Wolf

I think you mean 'how good WERE our fans' mate. ;)

But, pedantry aside, they were outstanding AGAIN. Watched the feed and was really impressed. Wish I could have been there.

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

Could hear our fans loud and clear over the feed. A credit to the club, yet again.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you mean 'how good WERE our fans' mate. ;)

But, pedantry aside, they were outstanding AGAIN. Watched the feed and was really impressed. Wish I could have been there.

Wish i attended english grammer lesson's instead of dreaming about Heidi Cryer...hehehe

Cheers L.Wolf :p

W

Womble19

well everyone who was in the top tier apparently the song people sang about adebayor was racist?? how i do not know its a joke!

S

Shergar

well everyone who was in the top tier apparently the song people sang about adebayor was racist?? how i do not know its a joke!

Some people need to lighten up.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Westport Wolf

Brilliant singing and chanting, heard loud and clear on the feed and on the highlights. You're supposed to be at home!

R

reanswolf

Think we are getting a bit carried away here ,and fancy singing the deeply ironic "where were you when you were $$$$?" - and also fancy singing "united" - really embarrassing!

That aside sounded good but lets NOT get carried away with ourselves.

J

Jack

Think we are getting a bit carried away here ,and fancy singing the deeply ironic "where were you when you were $$$$?" - and also fancy singing "united" - really embarrassing!

That aside sounded good but lets NOT get carried away with ourselves.

Outstanding support again and apparently against the people's republic of manchester.

The difference between our support and, what Reans continually perfers to ignore, is that it's not all about singing our current range of songs but adapating to the situation and using wit to shout down the opposition.

They were singing 'where were you when you were $$$$' as well mate and ours was sung back as irony. Just like 'can you hear chelsea sing', 'they couldn't afford man utd' and 'you've got Robinho, we've got A Keogh' that got going in the top tier.

Fair play to the lads on the bus back to the station with 'Everywhere you go', which we joined in on the walk back much to the amazement of loads of City fans around us

J

Jack

I've just gone through those posts and I'm starting to get a real dislike for City and their fans.

Admittedly I'm only 30 so haven't been to Maine Road in its pomp, but I've never ever been impressed with their support.

Yes big on numbers, but quiet home and away with one of the smallest repertoire of songs I've ever heard.

Yesterday, they were simply awful after the first three minutes and it will not be long until the 'big time' mentality turns the City of Manchester Stadium into a souless ground like the Emirates.

We must have really wound them up to be honest judging by the amount of threads they've got about us.

"you've got robinho, we've got A Keogh' was one of my favourites

R

reanswolf

Outstanding support again and apparently against the people's republic of manchester.

The difference between our support and, what Reans continually perfers to ignore, is that it's not all about singing our current range of songs but adapating to the situation and using wit to shout down the opposition.

They were singing 'where were you when you were $$$$' as well mate and ours was sung back as irony. Just like 'can you hear chelsea sing', 'they couldn't afford man utd' and the Adebayor song which got going in the top tier.

Fair play to the lads on the bus back to the station with 'Everywhere you go', which we joined in on the walk back much to the amazement of loads of City fans around us

Fair point Jack, just know from years of experience that we and oher fans have short memories.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

it wasnt racist in the slightest. it was what it sounded like to us from what the city fans were singing about him.

i still dont know what they were singing.

all good fun anyway

J

Jack

it wasnt racist in the slightest. it was what it sounded like to us from what the city fans were singing about him.

i still dont know what they were singing.

all good fun anyway

The City fans were singing:

'he's hung like an elephant and his mrs is sore".

How they can have the audacity to criticise what other fans sing when they have revelled in the Munich disaster for years is beyond me?

W

wolves_gal

Ithink the Adebayor chant was borderline racism in fairness, im sure we wont be the last to sing it there this season but I agree with what the City fans are saying in that respect.

The United chants we're embarassing but they fail to mention that it all came about because they were singing for Walsall!

Still fantastic support yesterday, if we're making noise we're spurring our lads on and thats what its all about. More of the same at Blackburn and obviously at home to Hull next week. :)

S

Shergar

Well I for one am impressed that Adebayor Snr is an Elephant Hygienist and his ol'mam's a care worker.

It's football banter. what would of today's thought police made of Georgie Best being a superstar wearing frilly knickers and see-thru bra? The cross dressing fraternirt would be up in arms!

D

Dewsburywolf

Well I for one am impressed that Adebayor Snr is an Elephant Hygienist and his ol'mam's a care worker.

It's football banter. what would of today's thought police made of Georgie Best being a superstar wearing frilly knickers and see-thru bra? The cross dressing fraternirt would be up in arms!

Always thought it was "walks like a woman" so borderline homophobic. Like's been said it's football banter.

H

High as a Kightly

I have a couple of excellent photos of the away section that i took from the Directors Box that i will upload when i finally get home, the support was loud from where i was sat. Very proud!

MobNet Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which would explain why his name is African "sounding" then. ;)

I think you know what I mean though. Adebayor - with 4 whole syllables is no doubt more likely going to incite some borderline chanting from our more knuckleheaded supporters, than eg McCarthy (Benni).

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you know what I mean though. Adebayor - with 4 whole syllables is no doubt more likely going to incite some borderline chanting from our more knuckleheaded supporters, than eg McCarthy (Benni).
What is border line chanting? Is he not from africa? i was singing that song so that makes me a knuckledragger!

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought our fans were excellent at Wigan, really a credit to our club. Yesterday we weren't outstanding, it was hard to get an atmosphere with us spread out so much and it was pretty quiet.

I wasn't a fan of the Adebayor chant, I do think it was a little racist and embarrasing. "Who needs Robinho, we've got Andy Keogh" was great though.

W

Welsh Y'am Y'am

What is border line chanting? Is he not from africa? i was singing that song so that makes me a knuckledragger!

Ah so that makes it okay then.

It is a chant playing on a stereotype that because he is a big, black, african man all he's got going for him is to be well endowed.

About as tasteful as the "town full of p*kis, you're just a town full of p*kis" chant that was sung to Leicester a few years back or the idiots who were singing SEB and Elokobi chants to a man dressed up as a gorilla away to Barnsley last season.

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah so that makes it okay then.

It is a chant playing on a stereotype that because he is a big, black, african man all he's got going for him is to be well endowed.

About as tasteful as the "town full of p*kis, you're just a town full of p*kis" chant that was sung to Leicester a few years back or the idiots who were singing SEB and Elokobi chants to a man dressed up as a gorilla away to Barnsley last season.
Totally different ,the situations you mention are not the same they are rascist. Its like saying we are big fat bald red heads always drunk on our hols which is a stereotype but a funny one which is taken with a pinch of salt! But when something is said about a black or asian person it is always jumped upon and usually by white middle class do gooders who make it 10 times worse.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally different ,the situations you mention are not the same they are rascist. Its like saying we are big fat bald red heads always drunk on our hols which is a stereotype but a funny one which is taken with a pinch of salt! But when something is said about a black or asian person it is always jumped upon and usually by white middle class do gooders who make it 10 times worse.

agree 100%

M

MK Panther

Our fans can become the extra player and they have played a great part in keeping Portsmouth in the Premier League for instance over the last few seasons.

MobNet Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I personally was talking more in terms of the 'dad washes elephants' cant.

L

Langdale Wolf

Our fans can become the extra player and they have played a great part in keeping Portsmouth in the Premier League for instance over the last few seasons.

Really? I don't recall seeing many Wolves fans cheering for Portsmouth in recent years.

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This thread really reminds me of soooo many WBA threads and posts from last season:

'We out sang them'

'Our away support was so much better than their home support'

'We played better football, on the floor than them'

Oh how we all laughed on Mol Mix at the poor deluded souls.

WBA Went down two seasons running believing they were the outstanding vocalists of the Premier.

PLEASE.....don't go that way on here.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As i've already stated on the verdict thread - the Keogh chant sounded absolutely fantastic - I was with the home fans and it completely reverberated around the ground - the City fans HATED it!!! It got them really wound up for some bizarre reason!

Brilliant! and more of it pls!!!! :)

T

Tomo1811

My mate went,said there was some good chants about tevez having 'his head on back to front' or something. This is what we've gotta be, if we cant beat um on the pitch,beat um on the terraces. Not literally although knowing our supporters wouldn't surprise me.

W

wolves_gal

Yeah Tomo, Something along the lines of...

His scars prove that he lost his head, Tevez Tevez, He'l never **** a sexy bird, Tevez, Tevez, Dirty B*** Argy C***, Sowed his head on back to front, Carlos Tevez, Herman Munsters Son.

Think the City fans were singing this to him last season...how times change

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I belive the louder we sing away from home ....OUR players no were there backing them.
Do you think they never hear us at Wigan / Man City... ? I do....
Yes at home we are quite....WHY ???
Because we have 1 side of the stadium singing...2 others sat watching the game quite ( which there entitled to do ) and the North Bank now and again giving us a song...( que the comments )
So yes the away fans are singing against 1 stand when were at home..Imagine if we ALL started singing the noise it would do ?? Put hairs on back of my neck up...
As for away games...lets keep it up sure the players are given an extra 2/5% in there play.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah Tomo, Something along the lines of...

His scars prove that he lost his head, Tevez Tevez, He'l never **** a sexy bird, Tevez, Tevez, Dirty B*** Argy C***, Sowed his head on back to front, Carlos Tevez, Herman Munsters Son.

Think the City fans were singing this to him last season...how times change

Love it! :D

Back
Top Bottom