Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

How do you think Wolves (and others) will fare after the restart?

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First of all of course in this thread I'm assuming that the season will restart rather than be abandoned.
I was wondering how the season might finish, I assume that there will be a very short preseason training due to time constraints so those teams whose players have been disciplined enough to maintain a decent fitness level might have an advantage, my feeling is that we have a core of responsible, and young players who seem to me at least to be able to come out of the blocks roaring.
The other consideration is that next season may well run on from the finish and there be an extended mid winter break.
This could be the opportunity for us to break into top 4 and stay there.

I'm aware that there are many ifs and buts here, and probably overly optimistic but maybe worth a discussion.

Mrs E

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have no idea we’re normally **** after a break, if it’s behind closed doors it’ll be weird
It’ll be the same for everybody.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt if anyone at any club is sure about how their team will perform once football begins again. It will be like a new season, only this one will only last nine games. There could well be some results that would have not been expected had there not been an enforced break.

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fitness levels should be pretty even, if players have been maintaining in the space available......

**** me , if the Olympics went ahead bet the 100 metres would be won in around 15.2 secs

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know this is a hypothetical restart football thread but we still face some tough roadblocks.

If it does start again, ( please, pretty please:)), then it will be the same for all teams. This might be to our advantage as we are a very fit club who expend less energy than other clubs in our games. I trust Nuno to have been in almost daily contact with each player regarding self training and healthy eating. We could do very well.

Scrap all friendly international games and shorten winter breaks.

However, we have to realize that not players may feel it’s safe to play, even behind closed doors. Who wants to get on a suspect coach, stay in a suspect hotel and potentially risk yourself and family? The big problem with this virus is people who are asymptomatic but they clean your hotel room, etc.

And would the government allow the games to restart?

Wolferoo

Groupie
Reaction score
Felt like we were watching the start of a big run of results and performances which could have carried us into the Champions League. Now, with the exception of Liverpool winning the league* nothing is certain. I do worry that our habit of a slow start will work against us.

* on the bases we restart and complete the season.

Back
Top Bottom