Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

How do you feel about Fosun as owners ? - poll

D

Deleted member LP 3925

I've spoken to plenty of Wolves fans since Monday and not one is happy with what is going on and not one uses this forum.

All you've got to do is look on social media and even look at some recent posts, tweets etc from some pretty solid Wolves fans who are normally very positive to realise that there are quite a few who are not happy with what has gone on this summer and how Bruno hasnt been given the tools.

Maybe I am wrong though and the vast majority are happy and think Shi and his team are doing a great job. I dont think I am though.

It isnt just those on this forum that are highly ****ed off.
Thanks for the response JOS, it’s good to get another view to get more of a balanced understanding of how the Wolves public are feeling. Cheers.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff has been very quiet lately, would love to hear his excuses!

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. Also very telling it isnt just this forum that is fuming. The other Wolves forum which is by and large very positive has been slating the transfer window the last few days.
Facebook wolves group is full of fans backing the senior managemrent but they haven't grasped the fact we are one midfield injury away from a crisis.
Furthermore, failure in the transfer market will probably mean neves and traore will push harder to leave in january.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff has been very quiet lately, would love to hear his excuses!
Dont hold your breath. Strange as you cant shut him up when there is (rare) good news! I used to chuckle at the shambolic owners at Villa and WBA (and others) and now we seem little better. If we "accept" that we need to be self financing it has to be backed up by astute football acumen, and good negotiating/business skills. We now have none of these qualities. Where we are now:-
  • increased ST prices, justified by commitment to spend on players. Dare I say we were lied to?
  • small squad made smaller
  • 2 CBs likely to be absent for up circa 6 weeks due to AFCON early 2022.
  • only team I have ever heard of who only has 3 experienced mid fielders (one of which is not very good; and one of which is 35)
  • most of possible back ups from the reserves have been sold or loaned out
  • our main striker still finding his feet and 2 other main players out with long term injury
  • no goals in 3 games (although we played well)
  • club run as a autocracy by a person with absolutely no football knowledge (e.g. purchase of Silva....) supported by pathetic yes men/sycophants
On the plus side - with what he has available Bruno has done a fine job so far. Hung out to dry though.

We seem to be papering over ever widening cracks. If Fosun are serious in their commitment (IF) they need to create a new management team with a good quality Football director - I wont hold my breath either...

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dont hold your breath. Strange as you cant shut him up when there is (rare) good news! I used to chuckle at the shambolic owners at Villa and WBA (and others) and now we seem little better. If we "accept" that we need to be self financing it has to be backed up by astute football acumen, and good negotiating/business skills. We now have none of these qualities. Where we are now:-
  • increased ST prices, justified by commitment to spend on players. Dare I say we were lied to?
  • small squad made smaller
  • 2 CBs likely to be absent for up circa 6 weeks due to AFCON early 2022.
  • only team I have ever heard of who only has 3 experienced mid fielders (one of which is not very good; and one of which is 35)
  • most of possible back ups from the reserves have been sold or loaned out
  • our main striker still finding his feet and 2 other main players out with long term injury
  • no goals in 3 games (although we played well)
  • club run as a autocracy by a person with absolutely no football knowledge (e.g. purchase of Silva....) supported by pathetic yes men/sycophants
On the plus side - with what he has available Bruno has done a fine job so far. Hung out to dry though.

We seem to be papering over ever widening cracks. If Fosun are serious in their commitment (IF) they need to create a new management team with a good quality Football director - I wont hold my breath either...

Why not say what you really mean & stop mincing words H?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for the response JOS, it’s good to get another view to get more of a balanced understanding of how the Wolves public are feeling. Cheers.

No problem mate. Glad you appreciate it.

Matthew Clark

Groupie
Reaction score
I'm going to be positive here, I think Fosun have the correct strategy.

No really, please hear me out...

Leicester City won the PL in 2016 and got into the UCL the next season. They have good, popular owners and have had an excellent transfer policy, but they haven't got there since. It's almost impossible just to join the City's, Utd's and the Chelsea's of the league let alone beat them.
This is what Fosun have found out now. That idea that we were told that we would be competing for titles and cup competitions withing a certain number of years is much more harder than Fosun realised and a new strategy has to be found. And this is with commiting to bringing through the young players to either sell to make a profit or to improve the squad.

How many othe PL club chairmen and 1st team trainers watch all their u23's games? I bet it's not many if any. Jeff Shi is at every game though.

How many young players have we loaned to Championship clubs in the past? We was a Championship club.....The quality of the clubs that loan our kids is much higher than I can remember and the number of young players on loan is now the most ever. Add in the tie up with Grasshoppers and spending £35m on a unproven teen striker is a huge risk but a risk that could pay off handsomely in a few years time. Also the investment in the e-sport market adds another strand to the commercial side of the club.

Do I think Fosun are losing interest in the club? Not a chance.

The trouble is this takes time to reap the rewards and after the last 40 years of almost no success this club has had we want cup wins and European football now, but it's almost impossible as it is and Fosun realise this. Even getting into Europa leads to stricter FFP rules for a club our size.

I believe Fosun are in this for the long term and for the long term future of the club at the cost of short term success now, and they surely think this is the only way it can be done. We may have to wait 10 - 15 years more to see a cup win or regular fights to finish nearer the top teams but I think Fosun this is the correct way. I hope they are right.

Maybe the best things come to those who wait.
Sorry for the long post.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

Leicester City won the PL in 2016 and got into the UCL the next season. They have good, popular owners and have had an excellent transfer policy, but they haven't got there since. It's almost impossible just to join the City's, Utd's and the Chelsea's of the league let alone beat them.
This is what Fosun have found out now. That idea that we were told that we would be competing for titles and cup competitions withing a certain number of years is much more harder than Fosun realised and a new strategy has to be found. And this is with commiting to bringing through the young players to either sell to make a profit or to improve the squad.

How many othe PL club chairmen and 1st team trainers watch all their u23's games? I bet it's not many if any. Jeff Shi is at every game though.

How many young players have we loaned to Championship clubs in the past? We was a Championship club.....The quality of the clubs that loan our kids is much higher than I can remember and the number of young players on loan is now the most ever. Add in the tie up with Grasshoppers and spending £35m on a unproven teen striker is a huge risk but a risk that could pay off handsomely in a few years time. Also the investment in the e-sport market adds another strand to the commercial side of the club.

The trouble is this takes time to reap the rewards and after the last 40 years of almost no success this club has had we want cup wins and European football now, but it's almost impossible as it is and Fosun realise this. Even getting into Europa leads to stricter FFP rules for a club our size.

I believe Fosun are in this for the long term and for the long term future of the club at the cost of short term success now, and they surely think this is the only way it can be done. We may have to wait 10 - 15 years more to see a cup win or regular fights to finish nearer the top teams but I think Fosun this is the correct way. I hope they are right.

Sorry for the long post.
I want to be the first to say hello Jeff :D

i agree pretty much

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sorry for the long post.
What you say may be true (or may be merely apologist). Assuming the former, why not be open and honest about that. In particular don't make short term promises that you spectacularly fail to live up to.

Matthew Clark

Groupie
Reaction score
What you say may be true (or may be merely apologist). Assuming the former, why not be open and honest about that. In particular don't make short term promises that you spectacularly fail to live up to.
I'd rather see Fosun taking a risk with investing in young players for the long term than playing safe and just end up bouncing between the top 2 leagues with absolutely no hope of winning anything like our dear neighbours

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sorry for the long post.

An articulate and well argued post. It reads suspiciously like a post from the club, and if that’s what it is, then it would to be up front about that. Whether it is or not, my comments.

Fosun’s primary objective in buying and investing in Wolves is not to win trophies, it is to make money. Primarily by growing asset value. Jeff implied this in his statement after the purchase of the club - Fosun had the resources to buy an established PL club, but bought Wolves because we represented greater value and potential growth potential. Everything else is secondary, including winning trophies. But that’s not to say the objectives are incompatible - with greater onfield success comes greater financial rewards which can be invested back into the club, and greater asset value growth.

Recent PR blunders and transfer window failures aside, the question is, have those original ambitions / plans changed in recent times?

Perhaps the club has already achieved the target value growth which Fosun set to trigger it to sell some or all of its interest? We know Fosun have been trying to sell a stake in Wolves to a suitable buyer / partner.

Perhaps the geopolitical situation has changed and affected Fosun’s strategy in this sector and country? We know that football has lost its political support in China in recent years, and that other Chinese owners of European clubs have sold their interests or stopped investing.

What is clear, is that since promotion and the initial squad building, Fosun have required the club to stand on its own feet. Squad investment has been funded by the club’s turnover and player trading. While there has been talk of ground improvements, nothing has happened beyond that which can be funded by the club itself, rather than further investment from Fosun, even though this is permitted under FFP.

So does Fosun have long term ambitions for Wolves beyond owning a stable, mid table PL team, or even just cashing in the asset growth achieved through their initial phase of investment? I don’t know.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Ooh, I like the word ‘purportedly’ - very apt following on from the rather timely appearances of some posters to stick the boot in during the closing of the transfer window.
Purportedly - “as appears or is stated to be true, though not necessarily so; allegedly.”

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Let's see at the end of the season. With covid and the dire football served last season, I wouldn't blame Fosun for losing their enthusiasm - especially with the ungrateful mostly unjustified criticism aimed at them over the past few days. Some of our so-called "fans" are enough to drive out even the best of owners.

Matthew Clark

Groupie
Reaction score
An articulate and well argued post. It reads suspiciously like a post from the club, and if that’s what it is, then it would to be up front about that. Whether it is or not, my comments.

Fosun’s primary objective in buying and investing in Wolves is not to win trophies, it is to make money. Primarily by growing asset value. Jeff implied this in his statement after the purchase of the club - Fosun had the resources to buy an established PL club, but bought Wolves because we represented greater value and potential growth potential. Everything else is secondary, including winning trophies. But that’s not to say the objectives are incompatible - with greater onfield success comes greater financial rewards which can be invested back into the club, and greater asset value growth.

Recent PR blunders and transfer window failures aside, the question is, have those original ambitions / plans changed in recent times?

Perhaps the club has already achieved the target value growth which Fosun set to trigger it to sell some or all of its interest? We know Fosun have been trying to sell a stake in Wolves to a suitable buyer / partner.

Perhaps the geopolitical situation has changed and affected Fosun’s strategy in this sector and country? We know that football has lost its political support in China in recent years, and that other Chinese owners of European clubs have sold their interests or stopped investing.

What is clear, is that since promotion and the initial squad building, Fosun have required the club to stand on its own feet. Squad investment has been funded by the club’s turnover and player trading. While there has been talk of ground improvements, nothing has happened beyond that which can be funded by the club itself, rather than further investment from Fosun, even though this is permitted under FFP.

So does Fosun have long term ambitions for Wolves beyond owning a stable, mid table PL team, or even just cashing in the asset growth achieved through their initial phase of investment? I don’t know.
In regard to the 1st paragraph, no I'm not in any way employed by the club or speak for the club. I'm just a Wolves supporter from Bedford who is following my dad's favourite team and have been since 1988. These are my opinions on what Fosuns strategy maybe is and I'm all for that strategy.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After the frustration of the end of the transfer window has passed slightly my feeling is that Fosun aren’t the ones to blame directly for any issues that have arisen this summer, be it the transfer strategy or the commercial changes such as ticketing etc.

For me, Guo is no more likely to be having a say on any of what’s happened over the summer than Jeff is in telling Bruno what his tactics should be and how the team should play (which is exactly how it should be, both Jeff and Bruno have been given a job to do and neither should be having their toes stepped on by the people above them).

Fosun will be giving Jeff and his hierarchy a remit to work within and it’s then down to them to make their decisions within that, just the same as Jeff and his team provides Bruno with his squad and leaves him to decide how best to us it. It’s fanciful to think Guo and Fosun are in any way having a say of ticketing prices, membership changes or anything like that.

Fosun have done brilliantly for us to taking us from lower end championship also ran to a team that, even as it stands, can aim for a top half premier league finish. There are far worse things they could do for us than expect us to be self sufficient.

Equally Bruno and his squad deserve our backing, their cards have been dealt and this is what they’ll have to work with now until January at least. The football has been exciting but goals will need to follow for it to become a success.

My ire is firmly with the people in the middle, Jeff and his hierarchy. They’ve been given a remit to work within by the owner and tasked with assembling the best squad they can for Bruno. It is them who make the decisions that have been made this summer and them who can succeed or fail with what they’ve been given so they are the ones who should be judged and questioned for how this summer has gone for me, not our owners.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Could we get rid of this *******s idea that Shi is in some way a good CEO because he watches the U23s and the women?

Be a fan by all means, Jeff, but that's not your job. Your job was to strengthen CM and CD. Your job was to back your new manager.

And you failed

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In regard to the 1st paragraph, no I'm not in any way employed by the club or speak for the club. I'm just a Wolves supporter from Bedford who is following my dad's favourite team and have been since 1988. These are my opinions on what Fosuns strategy maybe is and I'm all for that strategy.

That’s fair enough. Well stated. Up to early summer, I would have shared the view, but now I’m not sure. Feels like Fosun, or perhaps just Jeff, is treading water.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All this talk including from Jonny Phillips

It’s dead easy

We just wanted one more oven ready midfielder to help Bruno

That’s all

I don’t think Jeff realises how without it we are perilously close to the house of cards falling down. Then you won’t sell Fabio for £3.50 never mind £35m

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's see at the end of the season. With covid and the dire football served last season, I wouldn't blame Fosun for losing their enthusiasm - especially with the ungrateful mostly unjustified criticism aimed at them over the past few days. Some of our so-called "fans" are enough to drive out even the best of owners.

Mate, some of us “so-called” fans have been behind Wolves through thick and thin for more than four decades. Some of us have been card carrying “happy clappers” throughout the trials of the last 18 months because we know we’ve never it so good in forty years as we have it under Fosun. But everyone has a line, which when crossed, causes them to doubt, lose trust or outright switch sentiment. For me, it was the final few days of this window, when my belief that we had professional and competent leadership at Wolves was shattered after a summer of PR missteps. Yes the quality of the targets was great, but the planning and execution of signing them was woeful. That trust can be recovered but it won’t happen without positive actions from the club.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It now seems, from the latest article in the E&S that they are acting as a mouthpiece for Jeff since all has gone quiet from his end.. I'd better not say what I really think about him, would get me into trouble.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine a woman being in a relationship with a man. In the beginning he's wonderful, showering her with gifts, taking her to places she's never been, showing great love and care. Then after 3 years, things change. He seems to have lost interest. Sure there is still rare nights out, and sweet words spoken, but on the whole, the relationship is falling apart. He makes promises he cant keep, and he seems to neglect her, and even not speak to her, when idiotic decisions on his part, influences them both.
When they do speak on rare occasions, he reassures her, that he's just as committed as ever, but it's obvious to her, that she's just a tiny part of his life, and he seems to not really care anymore.
Will she keep on saying: "Well those 3 years were wonderful, so it doesnt matter" or say: "Well at least its better than back when I was in that abusive relationship. No, she most likely will question the relationship.
Obviously this is a bit unbalanced, because Fosun might still care, and obviously has done some good in the past 18 months, not least with help in Wolverhampton during the pandemic. But the points stands, that just because a relationship was good for the first 3 years, and just because there has been worse relationships in the past, it doesnt mean the current state of the relationship cant be questioned...

And yes, I know all too well a breakup could lead to a much worse and abusive relationship. I'm not even advocating a breakup. But I do hold on to the claim, that something is not well in the relationship, and it should be worked on.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we are really lucky to have such fantastic owners. They don't always get things right and I disagree with some things but overall I am still well pleased. I like the ambition, the investment and especially the gesfitute relationship. I hope they do not get to put off by the boo boys who are out in force at the minute using social media to facilitate their sad moaning and groaning and grumpy guts ways.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Mate, some of us “so-called” fans have been behind Wolves through thick and thin for more than four decades. Some of us have been card carrying “happy clappers” throughout the trials of the last 18 months because we know we’ve never it so good in forty years as we have it under Fosun. But everyone has a line, which when crossed, causes them to doubt, lose trust or outright switch sentiment. For me, it was the final few days of this window, when my belief that we had professional and competent leadership at Wolves was shattered after a summer of PR missteps. Yes the quality of the targets was great, but the planning and execution of signing them was woeful. That trust can be recovered but it won’t happen without positive actions from the club.
Yes, I've been through the Bhatti era and up and down the leagues with our beloved club. Thats why I see things in perspective and not act like a spoilt brat. I will never denigrate our club to the embarrassing extent that I've seen on the Mix over the past few days. I appreciate what Fosun are trying to achieve. And hey - we all make "mistakes" - if that what this whole episode turns out to be. But who wants another Cutrone situation?
This management is far from being beyond critism but they do have credit in the bank and they definitely do not deserve to be run out of the club by some of the over-reacting so- called "fans". Saying that, I do have a feeling that some of the 'fans" on the mix with the extreme negative posts may be in reality trolls. That's how I would explain it because can't imagine real Wolves fans would denigrate the club and players to the extent that I've seen. Let's be aware of this real fans and don't take their bait.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, I've been through the Bhatti era and up and down the leagues with our beloved club. Thats why I see things in perspective and not act like a spoilt brat. I will never denigrate our club to the embarrassing extent that I've seen on the Mix over the past few days. I appreciate what Fosun are trying to achieve. And hey - we all make "mistakes" - if that what this whole episode turns out to be. But who wants another Cutrone situation?
This management is far from being beyond critism but they do have credit in the bank and they definitely do not deserve to be run out of the club by some of the over-reacting so- called "fans". Saying that, I do have a feeling that some of the 'fans" on the mix with the extreme negative posts may be in reality trolls. That's how I would explain it because can't imagine real Wolves fans would denigrate the club and players to the extent that I've seen. Let's be aware of this real fans and don't take their bait.
How do you feel about the club lying to the fans about FFP?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing i'm wondering is if Jeff isnt the problem here. I recall him saying that Guo offered to stump up some money last season and Jeff turned it down, which shows to me Fosun are involved, but Jeff is being allowed to run things his way.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pls explain your accusation. Do you really know it to be true or are just repeating the trolls?
Do you actually support Wolves? Seriously?
In the round table videos they claimed they couldn’t spend big due to FFP. In today’s Jonny Phillips article he states that FFP has no bearing and they can spend.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
I havent seen the jonny Philips report. But if true, are they lying to us or was it a strategy to make other clubs think we are short of dosh? It may have have been a cunning plan. What would they gain from "lying" to us.
Actually, as it turned out they wanted to spend money in the end but they only wanted to pay the going current market rates. Which as a supporter, should be the case. I dont want us being ripped off.
Do you want them to pay over the odds for players that dont want to come to us? People like you would have crucified them if the Cutrone situation happened again.
Anyway, what is your end game? What do you want to achieve? You want Fosun out?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I havent seen the jonny Philips report. But if true, are they lying to us or was it a strategy to make other clubs think we are short of dosh? It may have have been a cunning plan. What would they gain from "lying" to us.
Actually, as it turned out they wanted to spend money in the end but they only wanted to pay the going current market rates. Which as a supporter, should be the case. I dont want us being ripped off.
Do you want them to pay over the odds for players that dont want to come to us? People like you would have crucified them if the Cutrone situation happened again.
Anyway, what is your end game? What do you want to achieve? You want Fosun out?
They should never have signed Cutrone in the first place as he didn’t want to come to us. End game? I’d like them to improve the positions that have needed improving for a number of transfer windows yet haven’t been. They could have done this by not trying to be clever and leaving deals to deadline day expecting clubs to accept whatever we offered. Funnily enough this is what Spurs tried to do with Adama and of course we didn’t fall for it. I’d quite like to know who decides what a player is worth for example who decided that Botman a french ligue 1 winner wasn’t worth £35m yet a kid who’d barely kicked a ball was?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun won't spend because they don't want to spend, I appreciated the comparison to Leicester but the difference is that Leicester still supplements the team on a consistent basis with an extended network, and guess what, when Rodgers or Ranieri, or even Pearson asked for a player, they got it delivered.

Fosun are playing wolves like a second string fiddle.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Who wants the selling clubs to know they have cash to spend? Plead poverty or being constrained by rules to get a better deal. It is a business strategy. These are business people. Jn the end they did try to buy but the strategy did not work as they planned.
Do you really think they really wanted to lie to their fans? Honestly? Why?
You have a very low regard of the Fosun people. They are not perfect but they are what we have.
Enough with the conspiracy theories pls.

Back
Top Bottom