Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hot Pork @ Molineux

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
@crocos Did you manage to find some hot pork?
I didn't, no; a real shame.

I even took us on a goose chase thru town on the hunt for some, but couldn't find anything hot-pork-related at all. It wasn't a thorough search but previously I remember it being hard not to find any.

That was the first time I've been thru town in a long while; we normally just walk round the ringroad from the station / parking at the Premier Inn next to it and back again. I couldn't help but feel Wolvo is looking a bit down on its heels these days. I still love the place though and it's not as if it was once a spa town or something ;)

Last edited:

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think I saw some at the Bournemouth match?? May have been a burger van though.
There was a van near the BW statue I think it was with a menuboard on which I spied the word "pork"; obviously I went to take a proper peep but it was in fact "pulled pork burgers". Might be nice I spoze but not the real deal, sadly.

My shopping list for the summer [along with a new striker or two, a rugged defender and a GK who can kick the ball without your blood pressure going through the roof at the stress of wondering how far & where the ball will actually go], is a lick of paint at least for Molineux - jeez it looks tired these days and the JI roof looked dreadful from our vantage point high up in the NB alongside it - and some proper hot pork. Sort it out Jeff :cool:

P.S. I love you really Jose Sa!

SevernWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I didn't realise until I moved out that hot pork baps are a just Black Country thing. They don't really sell them anywhere else in the country (apart from "hog roasts" at festivals and weddings, of course). It's disappointing if you can no longer buy them in Wolverhampton now. I used to love going to Poveys and the Pork Joint.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
There was a van near the BW statue I think it was with a menuboard on which I spied the word "pork"; obviously I went to take a proper peep but it was in fact "pulled pork burgers". Might be nice I spoze but not the real deal, sadly.

My shopping list for the summer [along with a new striker or two, a rugged defender and a GK who can kick the ball without your blood pressure going through the roof at the stress of wondering how far & where the ball will actually go], is a lick of paint at least for Molineux - jeez it looks tired these days and the JI roof looked dreadful from our vantage point high up in the NB alongside it - and some proper hot pork. Sort it out Jeff :cool:

P.S. I love you really Jose Sa!
Think the SB needs a lick of paint in particular.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't realise until I moved out that hot pork baps are a just Black Country thing. They don't really sell them anywhere else in the country (apart from "hog roasts" at festivals and weddings, of course). It's disappointing if you can no longer buy them in Wolverhampton now. I used to love going to Poveys and the Pork Joint.
Money spinner if someone opens a spit roast stall then

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
The Bull n Bladders hot Pork Cobs/sarnies are bostin & only £3.50.

We always had ours at The Mol from the stand between Stevie Bull & South Bank, they were there for years, did Pork & turkey, but they disappeared bout 5years ago, he said they'd been 'pushed out'

MrJamez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Still on the matchday food theme, the cheese and onion cob in the Great Western is an absolute belter!
Very large chunks of cheddar served on a quality piece of bread. All washed down with a pint of Golden Glow.
Can't think of a better deal for the cost, tbh.
The Great Western is a cracking pub full stop.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
It was.

Admittedly, not hot food ordered, just sandwiches and cobs, but they were brought to us on plates, with napkins and cutlery.

I think the staff realised people were on their lunch break and were restricted for time, so ensured we got served asap.
That's the kind of service that is getting harder and harder to find. I'll have to pop in, I assume it's the one in Wolverhampton but just want to make sure LOL.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's the kind of service that is getting harder and harder to find. I'll have to pop in, I assume it's the one in Wolverhampton but just want to make sure LOL.
Immediately turn left as you come out of the railway station (towards the tram stop and taxi rank). Walk past the rank, over the pedestrian crossing and down the cobbled street. The GW is nicely tucked away under the railway bridge, across from the old Low Level Station buildings that now I believe is a Travelodge.
Such is its popularity that it does get busy, but the bar staff it has to be said are very efficient and clear the bar quickly.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Immediately turn left as you come out of the railway station (towards the tram stop and taxi rank). Walk past the rank, over the pedestrian crossing and down the cobbled street. The GW is nicely tucked away under the railway bridge, across from the old Low Level Station buildings that now I believe is a Travelodge.
Such is its popularity that it does get busy, but the bar staff it has to be said are very efficient and clear the bar quickly.
Said Travelodge is new build, not sure what the remaining low level station buildings are used for. It has the away pub in it too.

Bradstonian

Reaction score
Only had those in France & Poland :p
Carp is big in Romania too.

As far as outside catering goes, I remember being impressed with the offerings around the outside of the ground at Hertha Berlin a couple of years back. Good inside too, although you needed binoculars to get a decent view of the game!

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said Travelodge is new build, not sure what the remaining low level station buildings are used for. It has the away pub in it too.
Yes, you're right WW.
I know the station canopies form part of the car park and access way to the hotel but not sure what the other buildings are used for.
I'm just glad that someone had the foresight to retain some of our GWR heritage and not turn it into a pile of rubble.

Back
Top Bottom