Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Honouring Turner?

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
All the hot air around Rooney got me thinking about how Wolves honour their greats. Wright, Cullis, Hayward, Bull/Ireland (questionable) and Harris (deserved, imo) have all been honoured/remembered in various ways.

So who's next? Maybe one of the great players of the 50s or 70s? Well as the title suggests, I think our next nominee should be Mr G Turner. Bully scored the goals but along with Sir Jack and Mr Harris, Turner helped save us on the pitch. Yet he is the one missing in terms of recognition from that era.

Perhaps it's time for Turner.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All the hot air around Rooney got me thinking about how Wolves honour their greats. Wright, Cullis, Hayward, Bull/Ireland (questionable) and Harris (deserved, imo) have all been honoured/remembered in various ways.

So who's next? Maybe one of the great players of the 50s or 70s? Well as the title suggests, I think our next nominee should be Mr G Turner. Bully scored the goals but along with Sir Jack and Mr Harris, Turner helped save us on the pitch. Yet he is the one missing in terms of recognition from that era.

Perhaps it's time for Turner.
Phew... Thank the Lord that you meant Graham... For a moment l thought that you meant a late and unlamented member on here...

Berks_WWFC

Groupie
Reaction score
How far can you go with recognition?
3 statues around the ground, all stands & training ground named after influential personnel, Hall of Fame & Former Players Association.

Graham Turner should and has rightly been recognized and is held in high regard among the fan base. Not sure what else of how further it can go?

D

Deleted member 3751

How far can you go with recognition?
3 statues around the ground, all stands & training ground named after influential personnel, Hall of Fame & Former Players Association.

Graham Turner should and has rightly been recognized and is held in high regard among the fan base. Not sure what else of how further it can go?
Just name the car park after him

"The Graham Turner Training Ground"

D

Deleted member 4152

I kinda liked the Turner of the username on here. Complete and utter lunatic

As for Graham. Absolute ledge. (Maybe have a bar named after Jukes as well)

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How about gold stars with suitable recipients names in like the Hollywood stars!

Gold Wolf Heads based on the club logo set into the ground outside the BW stand. Like it.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love Turner. So close to taking Wolves to the promised land and realise Bull’s dream.

In all fairness until Jones, no one got any closer than he did.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love Turner. So close to taking Wolves to the promised land and realise Bull’s dream.

In all fairness until Jones, no one got any closer than he did.
Taylor did...

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Does he maybe not deserve something 'larger' though, something more public?

I presume its not really possible to honour everyone who might deserve it, in terms of having something named after them etc, and thats why the Hall of Fame was set up.

Air Wolf 90

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Taylor did...

...and McGhee (playoffs), and Colin Lee (7th)...wouldn’t want statues of those.
Always a shame he couldn’t seem to get us past 10th in the second division but great memories of the promotion seasons

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Even though I weren't around, I think people like Graham Turner played a massive part in the club's history. If the current owners do wanna turn us into a European giant or whatever, it's so so important we don't forget these guys.

Back
Top Bottom