Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Home or Away kit

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit of a trivial subject but i got talking in the pub tonight about how we must wear our home kit more than anyone else does, even though we have worn purple already this season for no reason at all.

Personally I don't mind wearing it for the sake of it but it would be nice of the club to communicate when we are doing so.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I hate it when Wolves play away in the 2nd kit even though there is no colour clash. I know many fans buy the away kit (good luck to you) but I love seeing Molineux, and away stands, full of old gold, not blue or pink or whatever the club decide on that particular season.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Home kit everytime.

The only reason we have a purple away kit in my opinion is to get women to buy a shirt.

D

Deleted member 4309

What colour would you guys like to be our away kit. Ive always liked black with gold stripes.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My youngest has been wearing the away kit this week in lanzarote and it has drawn a lot of comments.

What is interesting is that we have such an instantly recognisable badge that everyone knows the club despite the alien colour....have to say that it's really grown on me.

Our badge is really iconic. Saw so many shirts here this year and had no idea of the club until the kids told me...Doncaster Rovers, Chester, Hartelpool..there badges are all much of a muchness..the kids only know from playing Fifa.

Saw the Liverpool away shirt on holiday this year...now there is a reason to complain!

Last edited by a moderator:

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What colour would you guys like to be our away kit. Ive always liked black with gold stripes.

White with black and gold detail. Like the away kits we had in the late 50s to mid 60s.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Home kit - Old Gold & black

Away - Black w/ gold details

Third - White w/ black & gold details

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope the Club pick up on this thread. Wolves are known world wide for old gold and black (not $$$$ing blue or green or mauve!). Can't see why we can't have a classic away kit - say all white with old gold and black trimmings.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A bit like the mizuno Steve Bull testimonial shirt? Got one of those and love it still even though its not nice to wear....all polyester and very sweaty and uncomfortable.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Better than last years though. Last years was square.....I think it was designed to fit a Mr Man.

H

Hathwolves

All white away kit for me. Still love the old manders kit from 88/89 with the gold and black trim.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love the away kit , first time I have purchased a shirt in years.

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The most ridiculous thing was when we wore our purple kit in pre-season away at Chesterfield who play in blue! Ludicrous.

It's a bit crazy bringing out a new one every year too. We'll only need it this year at Bradford!

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The most ridiculous thing was when we wore our purple kit in pre-season away at Chesterfield who play in blue! Ludicrous.

It's a bit crazy bringing out a new one every year too. We'll only need it this year at Bradford!

That was clearly done as an advertising tactic though - it was an opportunity to show off the away kit "in the flesh" to fans to boost sales.

I agree about the Bradford comment - although i'm fairly sure that FA rules state that an away kit must be worn a minimum amount of times per season (5?) - which is why it is sometimes worn against teams even when there isn't a kit clash.

Golden Moth

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I hope the Club pick up on this thread. Wolves are known world wide for old gold and black (not $$$$ing blue or green or mauve!). Can't see why we can't have a classic away kit - say all white with old gold and black trimmings.

Yes, we should always wear our colours except when we're playing at Hull etc. That purple is just not us and it's very disappointing when we use it without having to.

Golden Moth

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That was clearly done as an advertising tactic though - it was an opportunity to show off the away kit "in the flesh" to fans to boost sales.

I agree about the Bradford comment - although i'm fairly sure that FA rules state that an away kit must be worn a minimum amount of times per season (5?) - which is why it is sometimes worn against teams even when there isn't a kit clash.

What a stupid rule. And why?..... it's none of their business except when kits clash.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think the quota rule exists anymore as we have never worn an away kit more than 3 times in the premier league in any given season where there wasn't a clash.
It's not an FA rule, it was a premier league rule.
It was there just to make money like everything else.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a stupid rule. And why?..... it's none of their business except when kits clash.

Possibly there for the fans benefit perhaps? Perhaps makes fans feel that they're getting a bit better value for their money out of their away shirt if the team has to wear their away shirt a guaranteed X amount of games per season?

Although it's the rules that every team has to have an away kit, it's actually possible that you could have the scenario that at some point, there may not be another team in the league with a kit that clashes - therefore, although the team has an away kit, they may never need to wear it one season. I guess being forced to wear it for X amount of games makes it a bit more worthwhile fans buying it.

If that isn't the case, then I agree with you, what's it got to do with anyone else when we wear our away kit.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too much black on this years for me.

Aside from the sportingbet, I really liked last years home, one of the best in years.

H

howlin wolf

Maybe, the wearing of the away kit has something to do with the sponsorship?

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ideally white and black.

I think it was spot on around mid 90s for me, circa 1994/95 season with the Goodyear sponsor and Nutmeg as the kit manufacturer.

Liked the black color with black sleeve trim.

I also think though most of the Le Coq Sportif away kits we had were decent, especially the two dark navy blue efforts.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Calling it the "Away kit" is a modern day scam. Second kits (the Change strip) should only be worn when there is a colour clash and you are the away team.

It should never be worn at any other time. It should always remain the same colour (IMO).

Bah, humbug.

W

wolvesultra

Home kit everytime.

The only reason we have a purple away kit in my opinion is to get women to buy a shirt.

I've noticed that loads of birds wear it not many men

Home kit unless theres a clash everytime for me,and I'd prefer it to be white (with black shorts/trim)

W

Wolfrev

We should ALWAYS wear our gold shirts when we can. Mind I think all clubs should wear their first colours when they can, they should only change when they have to. There are some horrible 2nd kits.
If the Wolves do need to change it should be into White.
No. We are Wolves - gold and black please.

Reaction score
Purple has will never be a Wolves colour, White should be our away strip with black and gold trim.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Purple has will never be a Wolves colour, White should be our away strip with black and gold trim.

Well it is today. Wolves put it out on twitter that we're wearing it today. Didn't realise Gold clashed with red.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
White with black and gold trim.......... Or Waterloo blue.

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All white away kit with black trim. This is only as an exception though. If it is just the shorts that clash we should then wear all old gold.

Our old gold kit is so distinctive that we need wear it as much as possible.

S

Space Wolf

I don't think the quota rule exists anymore as we have never worn an away kit more than 3 times in the premier league in any given season where there wasn't a clash.
It's not an FA rule, it was a premier league rule.
It was there just to make money like everything else.

In the Premier League you can only wear a change kit a maximum of 8 times when there isn't actually a clash of colours.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the Premier League you can only wear a change kit a maximum of 8 times when there isn't actually a clash of colours.

Yes that's the maximum but there isn't a minimum anymore

B

Bankswolf II

This away kit is embarrassing, like the white sportingbet kit that featured the famous wolves colours of white and red its just for women to wear because of the shiny colour

Nothing beats the home.. Ever

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should always wear the Old Gold, unless there is an obvious clash.
As I recall Graham Taylor was a big fan of this policy and didn't agree with change strips unless absolutely necessary.

Back
Top Bottom