Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hollywood Actors Takeover Wrexham

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know the moment.. was quite tragic and hard to watch. Real raw emotion though.

I have been following this series, and you are right. It was hard to see. I think anyone who thinks all 'footballers' are loaded need see what the game is all about at this level.

It's a good series and I am enjoying it. I have also started to look out for their results and wish them well.

I actually think the two actors have been really smart in buying Wrexham. They could always pull in a reasonable crowd, they have good history, the Welsh brand, and they have the ground which could be developed.

Given what they have paid they definitely have a club with potential to get to the championship with the right investment.

Ryan Reynolds is worth £100m+ and now gets £10m a movie. Its said that Deadpool 3 he will get a share of the takings on top of a massive fee.

With the revenue the club can generate form their involvement, plus the odd hand out, they could do well in leagues 1 and 2, admittedly to make an impact on the Championship they will need to be spending millions, but they will probably bring in more investors.

I am interested to see how it all plays out.

Elokobi Wan

Reaction score
Just binged the whole thing. It’s a great watch. I never realised how hard the National League is to get out of. Just one promotion spot for the league winners!! I thought the Championship was tough.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just binged the whole thing. It’s a great watch. I never realised how hard the National League is to get out of. Just one promotion spot for the league winners!! I thought the Championship was tough.

and look at how many ex football league clubs are in their as well, all competing to reagin their place. It is effectively the 5th division of the football league

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They definitely bought Wrexham with more than one eye on the marketing potential but I believe it came from the right place and it's obvious that it's grabbed them both by the balls more than they ever expected

I'd say Wrexham are in very safe pairs of hands

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Really enjoying the series. It's cool that they're being transparent with the fans of what they're doing.
Looks like they've been through the mill with previous owners so good for them.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think I read somewhere that Netflix are doing their documentary again this season at Sunderland after missing last season. Should be good viewing with the manager leaving for Stoke just as the season starts!

I hope they re-hire that toff CEO that was so out of place in the North East. Some of his decision making was TV gold.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They definitely bought Wrexham with more than one eye on the marketing potential but I believe it came from the right place and it's obvious that it's grabbed them both by the balls more than they ever expected

I'd say Wrexham are in very safe pairs of hands

Balls. Safe pair of Hands.

So much potential for a rude post but I shall refrain

Autistic Kangaroo

Reaction score
I can thoroughly recommend Welcome to Wrexham on Disney.

Insightful with moments akin to the class of 1992 but with a heavy satirical and comedic USP.

I think I’m also developing a soft spot for the club as well. My first game was a two nil loss to them stood in the Southbank in the old Division 4 circa 1987.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Insightful with moments akin to the class of 1992 but with a heavy satirical and comedic USP.

I think I’m also developing a soft spot for the club as well. My first game was a two nil loss to them stood in the Southbank in the old Division 4 circa 1987.
Agreed. They have a set up there that would not disgrace the championship. There is some rebuilding of the stadium to do but I would love to see them back.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You can’t watch it without wanting them to do well, can you?

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. Their ownership is bringing more focus on the division as well - hopefully that will stimulate more interest and raise the bar accordingly

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely not! I've found myself taking a passing interest in how Wrexham are doing, and am really looking forward to the episodes that show a couple of their mad results from last season and how the owners took those on board. All the highs and lows that football can bring, and to people that are relatively new to it

Whatever anyone thought of the crazy Wrexham Hollywood takeover and even if it is just for a show, you have to be fair, McElhenney and Reynolds are trying to get them up the leagues

shaygriff

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just checking the Wrexham team and saw two ex-Wolves are there: Anthony Forde and former "wonder kid" Liam McAlinden.

edit: Notice Liam has already been mentioned. Teach me to not read the whole thread.

Jacthelad

Reaction score
hope everyone is enjoying this. im a season ticket holder at Wrexham (do wolves when Wrexham are away). the whole thing is quite frankly mind boggling

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Wxm took 2,500 to Notts County on Tuesday. So some are enjoying the Hollywood ride. I got couple of eldery Wxm fan mates and they feel like all their Xmas'es have come at once. It may not last. But don't begrudge them for a second.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
I never realised the old striker for Sheff Wednesday , Imre Varadi , remember him ? Had a famous Hollywood actor for a dad
Off topic. Remember that craze in the late 80s for inflatables on the terraces. Didn't Citeh fans wield inflatable bananas in honour of Imre Varadi, as they thought his surname sounded bit like...banana?

Back
Top Bottom