Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hoddle has no excuses now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Visage Wolf

So Jez has done his part of the bargain.

Now Hoddle has to do his.

He's been given the players, now he needs to use them effectively. A proper formation, with players being played in the right position, and with jobs that they are capable of doing. Its not rocket science, is it?

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The next two games will define our season IMO. We really need a couple of wins. We have the personnel, the opposition are no great shakes and we NEED to start motoring now.
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
Any manager in this Division would kill for any two of Cort, Miller, Frankek and Aliadiere.
<O:p></O:p>
IT IS f!$*ING IMPERATIVE THEY ARE USED CORRECTLY HODDLE.
We need to obliterate teams with fast, attacking football – making use of the undoubted advantages a strikeforce comprising the above players can give you. Whether its 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 it is vital our first choice pairing ( whoever it may be ) are given a chance to play within 10 yards of each other. Edited by: Bill McCai

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. he's got more in than we all thought i would think. And quality to boot.

There is no excuse for the apathetic rubbish to still be churned out.

Given the amount of games left AND what is at stake AND the personnel we now have.. Hoddle better sort it.Edited by: PREM.L.L

G

Grinder

Calm down people, Hoddle will deliver, after all he is God
smiley2.gif

B

Blackstrobe

Agreed Vis.

I reckon Hats off to Mr Moxey, who's has now provided Hoddle with the team he wants, so hoddle will have no excuses if he fails to take us up or at least get us into the play offs!!

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The good thing is that Hoddle will definitely recognise this.No hiding place now,this squad has more than enough to work with.I just hope this in turn leads him to 'go for it' which might just bring goals and dare I say it,entertaining football.

W

Wardrobe_Wolf

I agree. Hoddle can no longer churn out cliche after cliche. This squad needs to be in the promotion race - it's ludicrous not to be.

Come on Wolves.

N

Nashie

Yes two good signings, well done to Jez Moxey for completing the last minute signing of Aliadiere and I think Hoddle has spotted two good players there. I hope he can get the players fired up and playing attacking football. With the amount of striking options we have it would be silly not to play that way.

V

Visage Wolf

My only worry is that we havent been let down by our lack of striking prowess - Cort and Miller are 2 of the best in the division (though,m of course, Cort has had injury problems). Its that Hoddle hasnt played the type of football that gives strikers chances.

If you dont create chances you could have Owen, Henry and Ronaldinho up front, yet it wouldnt do you any good.....

F

fenella

Bill McCai said:
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
Any manager in this Division would kill for any two of Cort, Miller, Frankek and Aliadiere.

Really? How come we seem to be the only ones in for Frankie and Ali?

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough, there was no reported interest in Frankowski and Aliadiere. But wouldn’t any Championship club like to take on an Arsenal reserve and a World Cup bound Pole? Perhaps they didn’t have the finance, or make their interest public. <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Reading</st1:City> probably don’t need anyone, and <st1:place w:st="on">Sheffield</st1:place> spunked all their cash on Akinbiyi.
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Again, the outlay on wages and fees during this window has made us top spenders ( apart from <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Norwich</st1:place></st1:City> ). Will this be enough though?

O

Oldgoldwulf

Visage Wolf said:
My only worry is that we havent been let down by our lack of striking prowess - Cort and Miller are 2 of the best in the division (though,m of course, Cort has had injury problems). Its that Hoddle hasnt played the type of football that gives strikers chances.

If you dont create chances you could have Owen, Henry and Ronaldinho up front, yet it wouldnt do you any good.....

ABSOLUTELY VIS!!!

All season long Hoddle has blamed the strikers for missing chance after chance... when I can only remember a couple of games where we created that many goalscoring opportunities.

For me it has been blindingly obvious that we have failed miserably to create chances for our forwards with our pedestrian build up play and sideways passing... plus a winger who would rather beat a full back four times than put the ball in the box.

Hoddle needs to start playing to our teams strengths and play a solid formation and at a quicker pace... sadly from experience of watching Hoddles teams over the years, he just won't do this.

He is a stubborn, egotistical swine who will stick to a formation that only he understands and we'll finish the season in the lofty position of ninth!

With our squad we should be challenging for 3rd or 4th place at least.

Not cos' 'WIMABIGCLUB' but because if we played to our strengths we have some bloody good footballers at this club!

Rant over.
smiley9.gif
Edited by: Oldgoldwulf

Mick Tranter

Reaction score
I'm pleased with the two signing as short term measures. They both have goalscoring pedigree and add depth and quality to where we have been really lacking which is scoring goals. Had they come in August they would have made a real difference to our current position, of that i have no doubt.

My problem is that the chances have dried up. Those chances we were creating and missing in late summer/early autumn have gone and we needed wingers/creative midfielders as desperately as strikers and I hope I'm wrong but I fear it might be too little, too late.

O

Oldgoldwulf

Mick Tranter said:
I'm pleased with the two signing as short term measures. They both have goalscoring pedigree and add depth and quality to where we have been really lacking which is scoring goals. Had they come in August they would have made a real difference to our current position, of that i have no doubt.

My problem is that the chances have dried up. Those chances we were creating and missing in late summer/early autumn have gone and we needed wingers/creative midfielders as desperately as strikers and I hope I'm wrong but I fear it might be too little, too late.

There are a lot of people fearing the verysame thing mate - you ain't alone!
smiley6.gif
Edited by: Oldgoldwulf

S

Stratford Wolf

Oldgoldwulf said:
All season long Hoddle has blamed the strikers for missing chance after chance... when I can only remember a couple of games where we created that many goalscoring opportunities.

For me it has been blindingly obvious that we have failed miserably to create chances for our forwards with our pedestrian build up play and sideways passing... plus a winger who would rather beat a full back four times than put the ball in the box.

Hoddle needs to start playing to our teams strengths and play a solid formation and at a quicker pace... sadly from experience of watching Hoddles teams over the years, he just won't do this.

He is a stubborn, egotistical swine who will stick to a formation that only he understands and we'll finish the season in the lofty position of ninth!

With our squad we should be challenging for 3rd or 4th place at least.

Not cos' 'WIMABIGCLUB' but because if we played to our strengths we have some bloody good footballers at this club!

Rant over.
smiley9.gif

With you 100%
smiley32.gif
that has saved my typing finger.

O

Oldgoldwulf

Wish you had got in first SW... i've got a nasty blister there now to go with my bad mood!
smiley2.gif

R

Reddish Wolf

Visage Wolf said:

We got outplayed by Man Utd...but cort missed a sitter from 6 yards and Franki hit a shot just wide...both off these may well have been put away if we had Henry and Ronaldinho up front. Bully used to go whole matches with only one chance and used toput it away...its too easy to blame lack of goals on lack of chances when you do get the odd chance and cort misses from 6 yards.

R

RyanWolf

Our lack of goals stems from the decrepitude of the players behind Miller and Cort. The midfield have lost pace and the ability to get into positions where they can whip in a dangerous cross or spot a decent through pass. When Miller or Cort had a chance, they were under significant pressure to bury it and this led to a lack of confidence that is there when they know they have quality service behind them.

Only in a couple of games this season did we create a shed load of chances that weren't taken (Leeds and Cardiff). We've usually have one or maybe two sitters in a match that had the service been better during that match, wouldn't have mattered because we would have won well anyway. In recent games, we've created half chances and tame long range shots that make the stats look better than they really were. Against United, we had one half-chance, a sitter and a nothing chance that led to Franky just missing after his own hard work.

R

Reddish Wolf

RyanWolf said:
Our lack of goals stems from the decrepitude of the players behind Miller and Cort. The midfield have lost pace and the ability to get into positions where they can whip in a dangerous cross or spot a decent through pass. When Miller or Cort had a chance, they were under significant pressure to bury it and this led to a lack of confidence that is there when they know they have quality service behind them.

Only in a couple of games this season did we create a shed load of chances that weren't taken (Leeds and Cardiff). We've usually have one or maybe two sitters in a match that had the service been better during that match, wouldn't have mattered because we would have won well anyway. In recent games, we've created half chances and tame long range shots that make the stats look better than they really were. Against United, we had one half-chance, a sitter and a nothing chance that led to Franky just missing after his own hard work.

So you are saying that we need to create loads of chances so it doesnt matter when our strikers miss sitters?

R

RyanWolf

Of course, Miller and Cort aren't blameless but scoring goals is the hardest part of football and when a striker is feeding off scraps, the pressure for him to score when he gets a presentable chance must be huge.

W

westlyNTR

RyanWolf said:
that led to Franky just missing
after his own hard work.

Wasn't there a song that went "hey Franky, do you
remember me?"? I'm sure the words could be
adapted to something more appropriate.

wolf of sedgley

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
fenella said:
Bill McCai said:
</font>
Any manager in this Division would kill for any two of Cort, Miller, Frankek and Aliadiere. </font>
</font>

How do you know others were not? Also- not every team has £1.6m to spend on a 31 year old striker.

Edited by: wolf of sedgley

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Aliadiere deal is great but is it all coming too late? As others have mentioned, our pedestrian, unbalanced, unpaceymidfield is a major problem and 4-3-3 just doesn't work. We need pace and skill down the wings and I would like to see Ricketts back with Davies/Cameron accompanying Ince in the middle and Kennedy reverting to wing man. Time has almost run out, we need more penetration to get the ball in the box as often as possible at pace. In Aliadiere and Frankowski we now have some decent finishers (we hope).

By the way I wrote to Hoddle about Aliadiere just before the transfer window opened (honest)pointing out he was redundant at West Ham etc and that we should bring him in.......not that for a moment I am claiming to have influenced him in any way.......
smiley9.gif
Long time posters will have to admit that I have put his name forward more than once.
smiley2.gif

D

Deleted member 3529

smiley36.gif

Did you get a reply thanking you for pointing him in the right direction?

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kris Kringle said:
smiley36.gif

Did you get a reply thanking you for pointing him in the right direction?

I got a short, polite reply but of course he wasn't showing his hand on this and other matters. His interest in Aliadiere is long standing as he failed to get him and Hoyte in on loan earlier in his reign. I just emphasised that Aliadiere wassitting there with no prospect of first team football so why not make an enquiry.

W

Wardrobe_Wolf

Hoddle--Waddle-Diamond-Lights-145445.jpg

Did the club send you the free poster, signedas a a mark of gratitude?

F

fenella

wolf of sedgley said:
fenella said:
Bill McCai said:

How do you know others were not?

Because Jez Moxey would have known and would now be telling us how loads of other clubs were after them but only he managed to sign them because he works so hard and we have such a great training ground. That's how I know.

H

Hibbitt was King

I agree entirely with the general points of the thread - Hoddle has his icing on the cake now, but it will all be in vain if he doesn't bake acake to put it on.

I want him to succeed (of course nicking promotion would be fantastic), but so far he's shown no sign of making the necessary changes to our approach play, and sadly I've no reason to think he will, even with Franko and Aliadiere in the team.

R

RyanWolf

Wardrobe_Wolf said:
That song sucked.

I'm gonna download it and listen to it at Half-time on saturday when i'm depressed.
smiley5.gif

If we were losing at half time and you put on Hoddle/Waddle on the stereo I think I'd slash my wrists!

T

The Golden Boy

Visage Wolf said:
So Jez has done his part of the bargain.

Now Hoddle has to do his.

He's been given the players, now he needs to use them effectively. A proper formation, with players being played in the right position, and with jobs that they are capable of doing. Its not rocket science, is it?

I tend to agree, though I think Hoddle has already made a mistake by blaming everything on the forwards and ignoring a gaping need for a defensive midfielder!

D

dazmanwolf

....he can always use the old "it takes time to adjust to the pace of English football - or Championship pace" excuses!
smiley2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom