Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Historical Wolves Fixtures

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a database of Wolves games. Going back as far as possible. To include line-ups, scores etc
Can't seem to find much in an internet search but I'm sure it must be out there somewhere.....
If anyone has any idea of were I might find such info' I'd be very grateful.

D

Deleted member 4594

I'm trying to find a database of Wolves games. Going back as far as possible. To include line-ups, scores etc
Can't seem to find much in an internet search but I'm sure it must be out there somewhere.....
Tony Matthew’s did a book that covered every game up to 1989 if you want to go old school.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be interesting to me to see the 1939 to 1945 war years teams and results, including the 1942 cup final win against Sunderland. Can't find anything anywhere in that regard.

Bull Army

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would be interesting to me to see the 1939 to 1945 war years teams and results, including the 1942 cup final win against Sunderland. Can't find anything anywhere in that regard.

The aforementioned 'Complete Record' books have it - I have the original edition in front of me now, Scores and Line-ups.

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know this doesn't help but there used to be a site, run by a Wolves fan, which provided exactly the info you are after. I had it on my 'favourites' for instant access. Can't remember the name of it now. I think the amount of time the guy was having to put into it got a bit too much in the end and he knocked it on the head and took the site down. I have never been able to find anything to replace it sadly :mad:

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The website English National Football Archive (ENFA) has all the line ups etc since the league started but it's a subscription service

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That stuffs all in the Tony Matthews book Brightside posted above

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The website English National Football Archive (ENFA) has all the line ups etc since the league started but it's a subscription service

Agreed, the ENFA is an excellent source of information, but it does not cover the war years. It is, in my experience the best site out there for detail.

With regard to war-time scores and line-ups, good luck with that, you are entering a veritable minefield and none of it qualifies for the official records. You could try to obtain some of the old Association of Football Statisticians booklets which did cover war-time results, but they might be hard to find.

I have various books by tony Matthews, but none of them cover war-time statistics.

Beach Umbrella

Groupie
Reaction score
Soccerbase isn’t always 100% reliable.

I was interested in the date of my first game. It was against Burnley in 68/69, so it’s coming around to the 50th anniversary.

The site confirmed the date as Saturday 1 Feb 1969 but it also says that we played three games on the previous Thursday. No wonder we only drew against the Clarets. We must have been knackered.

Bull Army

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Here is the 1941/42 entry from my Tony Matthews book mentioned above.

ROHxEJ7.jpg

You can pick this up from £3 for a second hand copy on Amazon.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know this doesn't help but there used to be a site, run by a Wolves fan, which provided exactly the info you are after. I had it on my 'favourites' for instant access. Can't remember the name of it now. I think the amount of time the guy was having to put into it got a bit too much in the end and he knocked it on the head and took the site down. I have never been able to find anything to replace it sadly :mad:

You just beat me to it Floyd.
You are totally correct there used to be a really good Wolves site that gave all line-ups and scorers going back for many years.
I also used to have it in my favourites but it has long gone.... :(

Back
Top Bottom