Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Highlights on TV

Himleywolf

Reaction score
I seem to remember reading that Channel 5 have brought the rights to the Football league this season.

Is this correct?

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
http://www.channel5.com/articles/football-league-tonight-presenters-announced

The Football League highlights have a new home, and with it two new faces who’ll bring you every goal from every game, every week.
Kelly Cates and George Riley will be here every Saturday at 9pm, bringing you all the action from all three divisions of the Sky Bet Football League throughout the season on Football League Tonight.

Born into football royalty, Kelly quickly established herself as one of the most passionate and knowledgeable sports broadcasters around, having covered some of the biggest sporting events in the calendar including the League Cup, the Paralympics and the 2010 World Cup.
Cut George Riley in half, and British sport runs through his core. Earning his stripes at the coalface of sports broadcasting, he’s trailed Olympics games bids, covered World Championship snooker and rugby league, and even refereed a game for the FA. A champion of the local face of British sport, George will be joining Kelly in getting down to the details the fans need to know.
So, what’s on the show? Football League Tonight will feature extended coverage of the weekend’s best matches and will include every single goal from all three divisions. Players, managers and fans will be joining Kelly and George in the studio each week and the viewers can also get involved on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Still travelling back from Saturday’s game? Not to worry; Football League tonight will also be available on Demand 5.
And if all that isn’t exciting enough, we’ll also be bringing you all the Football League action when the Championship clubs are away on international duty, so fans in League 1 and League 2 will never have to miss a goal all season.

Hope it's better than BBC's efforts although the above press release sounds less than convincing. Fans in the studio??There's nothing worse than a TV studio chock-full of desperate, star-struck, tragically inadequate, podgy, replica shirt-wearing braying GOONS who still live with their mums standing around being asked for their oh-so enlightening opinions on whatever so-and-so need to do to turn their season round.

The desperate efforts to look trendy using instagram and facebook are also doomed to failure.

I bet they'll get them "chanting" as well. Oh god, please don't make them do chants.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Football League Tonight" 9pm - 10:25pm, then MoTD. Heaven. My Mrs is going to hate me.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With you 100% reference fans in the studio Moira, this is certainly the latest idea from the arty types who make sports shows. That Saturday night garbage on Sky where talking M&S mannequin Redknapp spouts drivel has fans, there is a program on Sky Formula One that has them, obviously it will not be on this season but the local BBC league show about the Midlands teams had studio fans and let us not forget that utter shambles of tennis highlights show that you could see John McEnroe was cringing while appearing on it Claire Balding at Wimbledon had fans on it. Never watched it like that but just because it may have worked and became part of Top Gear does not mean every other program that has a studio audience means we have to see them !

That is why for me I like Sky's Test Match Verdict where there are three experts sat around a table discussing that days play at the Test with NO studio fans !

S

Smithy

I actually like Claridge think he has good knowledge of football league teams and players.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With you 100% reference fans in the studio Moira, this is certainly the latest idea from the arty types who make sports shows. That Saturday night garbage on Sky where talking M&S mannequin Redknapp spouts drivel has fans, there is a program on Sky Formula One that has them, obviously it will not be on this season but the local BBC league show about the Midlands teams had studio fans and let us not forget that utter shambles of tennis highlights show that you could see John McEnroe was cringing while appearing on it Claire Balding at Wimbledon had fans on it. Never watched it like that but just because it may have worked and became part of Top Gear does not mean every other program that has a studio audience means we have to see them !

That is why for me I like Sky's Test Match Verdict where there are three experts sat around a table discussing that days play at the Test with NO studio fans !

The last paragraph fpr me except I cannot stand David Boresmetodeath Gower!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Football League Tonight" 9pm - 10:25pm, then MoTD. Heaven. My Mrs is going to hate me.
Great,at least I won't have to sit around to wait for the 30 seconds of Wolves at 1 am!!!!!!!

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was out all day yesterday so set up the recorder for the highlights and on watching there was no Rotherham v Wolves game.

Were Wolves on?

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was out all day yesterday so set up the recorder for the highlights and on watching there was no Rotherham v Wolves game.

Were Wolves on?

I think right at the very end for all of 15 seconds showing the goals.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched the first night of this and never put it on again since.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, right at the end.

There was a good piece earlier in the show about Bolton's current (& well-deserved) financial malaise. Eddie Davies refusal or inability to bank roll them further shows the flaw in over-reliance on an "owner" to underwrite a club's unrealistic ambitions. A business should surely be self-sustaining, capable of growth through the sale of its product, & not operating as a rich man's vanity project.

P

Premier wolves

How many adverts are there after every game! And how much $$$$e do they talk!?

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched the first night of this and never put it on again since.

Match coverage seems much better now, with replays, more cameras etc. Kelly Cates is not too bad, but she's rather hampered by the decision to have presenters uncomfortably standing up all show, & a series of 'rabbit caught in the headlights' non-professional & TV unnaturals (hmm, what do to with those hands....& eyes?) ex-footballers as co-presenters.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
watched it the first week and never watched it again
goals on sunday is presented much much better with how they show the games etc

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole show looks like a school project. It has got no better and since its inception and as I have previously stated this we must have people behind the presenters to me is annoying.

Agree with Dr Wolfenstein's observation that they would be better off sat down.

Goals on Sunday is a good show even if on this morning's show and not for the first time on Sky Nathan Ebanks Landell was described as Sylvan !

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course if posters are going to come on slagging shows they could at least get the names right themselves .................... it is Ethan not Nathan !

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can see all the championship goals at the end of gillette soccer saturday around 545pm so just set the sky box.Forget the highlights watch swedish,french ,danish murder mayhem on bbc4 9pm instead.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that the audio doesn't match the actual sound at the stadium? So amateur and insults people's intelligence. That George presenter hasn't managed to cut out the rabbit in the headlights look yet either, and don't get me started on the pointless studio audience... apart from that it's a joy to watch.

Back
Top Bottom