Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Henry retires

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No not Karl.

Thierry Henry retires from football after leaving NY Red Bulls.
World Cup winner, 2 PL's, 3 Fa Cups, 1 CL
Legend, one of those players we saw on the Saturday and Sunday morning we;'d be down the park or at school trying to cut in from the left and bend it in the top corner to no success.

Joining Sky sports as pundit.

Last edited by a moderator:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought the crab had retired for one second then!

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw Henry live once at a Villa v Arsenal game which my son went to with his football team. He must have had a strop on that day as he was lazy and disinterested. A real shame I saw him on a bad day as I was really looking forward to seeing him play.

But he was an excellent player when on song.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always had him in my fantasy football team. Apart from the number of goals he actually scored he also had an incredible number of assists. A superb player!

E

Essex Wolf

An excellent player who really seemed to enjoy playing the game.

F

FLEET WOLF

No not Karl.

Thierry Henry retires from football after leaving NY Red Bulls.
World Cup winner, 2 PL's, 3 Fa Cups, 1 CL
Legend, one of those players we saw on the Saturday and Sunday morning we;'d be down the park or at school trying to cut in from the left and bend it in the top corner to no success.

Joining Sky sports as pundit.

Is he going to give views on Sky as to whether certain hand balls are deliberate or not, do you think?

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great player whose reputation (for me) was tarnished by that blatant hand-ball incident against the ROI.

Some will say that's a by-product of modern football, but for me it was gaining an advantage unfairly which could be argued cost the ROI a visit to the World Cup.

I once saw the great Clive Lloyd approach the umpire after his catch had dismissed an English batsman. LLoyd told the Umpire that the ball had hit the ground before being claimed in his hand, and therefore the batsman was not out.
The decision was reversed as a result, and the batsman re-called to the crease.
Unfortunately, sporting behaviour like this is almost a thing of the past.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of my favourite footballers (outside of Wolves) when growing up although the handball v Ireland did ruin it a little.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember him scoring against us at Molineux in 2004, think it was the 3rd in a 3-1 defeat? Outstanding professional

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great player and seemed like a great man. The right balance of confidence in his ability that bordered arrogance.

Glad he's joining Sky as he knows what he's on about.

clifs

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He went down in my estimation with his handball against Ireland. A cheat is a cheat is a cheat.

S

Space Wolf

It's funny how no matter how great a player you are, certain moments will define you. I'll always remember Henry for the handball ball v Ireland just like I remember Zidane for the headbutt v Italy.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A true great of the game, and certainly one of the very top for football fans of my generation.

To be honest I always hated him as a player purely for his arrogance, a trait I don't possess - and perhaps the biggest factor of many behind why he was so great at what he does and I am not!

He truly was a game changer on his day, shame a stand out moment his career for non-Arsenal fans will be 'that handball', but many other great memories... His flick up and shot on the turn vs United or running the length of the field more or less vs Spurs to name but a few.

Back
Top Bottom