Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hennessey rejects contract

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some old fool mentioned it on WM a few weeks back, I mocked him. Turns out it was true. Nevermind. I thought It was strange that he didn't get a game in the week, because every $$$$er else did!!! No big deal, we'll get a few quid for him.

D

Deleted member 3751

You sure about this? I've heard it but you can never be certain. Seems strange that he'd reject a contract though unless he'd been tapped up or something.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only The Sun and Mirror saying it, to be fair not the most reliable newspapers for football gossip, it doesn't seem much different to the Michael Kightly scenario in that he's simply unhappy with the terms. He's still on a fairly long contract anyway (3 or 2 years left?) so if the worst comes to the worst we can still command what we believe he's valued, it's not as if he's in his last year. Probably wants to be on level pegging with Kightly/SEB/Doyle et al.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's contracted until June 2012, but because of his age (I think he's 22) we'd get a fee even if he was out of contract.

But, with Hahnemann's age, Murray & Ikeme's injuries we may need to go into the market for another keeper next season.

E

EasternWolf

Of course he is worth the money. He is the best prospect this club has had since Keane - probably an even better prospect. Certainly better than Lescott in terms of value.

T

Tuco

I think it was unfair to drop him after the Chelsea game. Yes he had a stinker, but no player covered themselves in glory that day.

Mick has probably been proved right in his choice, but Hennessey won't see it that way, He's definately improved this season.

M

Mr Zuki

Mick forces out another of our youth players...

What a daft thing to say. He hardly qualifies as one of our youth players any more. He came up through the Man City academy not ours.

He was dropped because the manager though Hahnemann was the better choice for now(he was right).

And if he has rejected a contract offer it's because he thinks he can get a better deal elsewhere or more likely because he thinks he can still get a better deal at Wolves.

J

jabbawolf

What a daft thing to say. He hardly qualifies as one of our youth players any more. He came up through the Man City academy not ours.

He was dropped because the manager though Hahnemann was the better choice for now(he was right).

And if he has rejected a contract offer it's because he thinks he can get a better deal elsewhere or more likely because he thinks he can still get a better deal at Wolves.

Zuki - why are you even wasting your time discussing something with someone who would find fault if Mick saved the world from global warming.

M

Manchester_wolf

Nobody gets a guarantee to start this season. It's all on merit, he had an awful game against Chelsea so was dropped. USA came in and IMHO has done really well, adding experience to the back row and commanding his area well. The shirt is his to lose and hen has to accept that and keep doing well in training!

Sutton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But, with Hahnemann's age, Murray & Ikeme's injuries we may need to go into the market for another keeper next season.

There's a lot of far better goal keepers out there,Hennessy is starting to believe all the hype that he is a good keeper.

O

Oyvay

They reckon a new contract was lobbed his way but he failed to come out to collect it.

D

Dorset DeWolf

Some old fool mentioned it on WM a few weeks back, I mocked him. Turns out it was true. Nevermind. I thought It was strange that he didn't get a game in the week, because every $$$$er else did!!! No big deal, we'll get a few quid for him.
I felt it was strange that he didn't play midweek also but was almost mocked for suggesting it. Would be sad to see him leave as he is on a par with murray in terms of goalkeeping ability imo

wolf of sedgley

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is probably just another Kightly style scenario; I'm not worrying about it just yet. I do think Wayne has the potential to be a top keeper though so I wouldn't like to lose him.

M

Manchester_wolf

I felt it was strange that he didn't play midweek also but was almost mocked for suggesting it. Would be sad to see him leave as he is on a par with murray in terms of goalkeeping ability imo

Shot stopping maybe but he is still miles behind Murray at commanding his area. His kicking is a lot better though!

Tors

Reaction score
Get rid then!!!, with a nice big fat Jez type sell on clause.

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh dear oh dear, has it started already then-the sinking ships and rodents scenario?

BridgnorthWolf Inc

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its great that he is a fantastic shot stopper but Han is proving you have to do the basics properly and I am not sure Hen is improving enough in that area.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its obvious we need to keep hold of Hennessey. Unless his demands are ridiculous (which I doubt) then the club should do everything it can to keep him on board. He is probably the best keeper in the country for his age and can only get better. Aside from a couple of weak games he has done well this season with many here commenting on him being more commanding in the box etc. Hahnemann has been ok but nothing special and will have gone by next season. Murray has proabably had it and Ikeme may want to go to.

If we do sell Hennessey one day let's make sure he is at his peak and we get a shed load of money for him (in perhaps three or four years time). We have an unenviable record of losing our best players over the years because of our pathetic record as a club and it has got to stop. Mark Davies, Lescott and Keane etc. We need to build up our young core of promising players - Kites, Stearman, SEB, Foley, Jarvis, etc not sell them off.

D

Dewsburywolf

Glad you said "probably" goldeneyed cos there's another one on loan just up the road from Molineux who might be considered to be on a par if not better.

C

cooper_J

He's a decent keeper, no doubt about it, but he isn't a world beater.

I think Ikeme is as underated as WH is overated.

Neither come close to touching Murray in terms of ability but unfortunately, it appears Murray will never have the opportunity to become what he should - the greatest goalkeeper in the clubs history.

albell

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's not the finished article but he's still young and learning and I would be very disappointed to lose Hennessey.

T

The Alchemist

He's not the finished article but he's still young and learning and I would be very disappointed to lose Hennessey.

I like Hennessey but if he moved on it would be no great loss. We've picked Hahneman up on a free and I think he's better.

Wayne has potential but will he realise it?

P

PeteWolf

Anyone up for giving Hennessey a proper booing on Sunday? Teach him not to betray us.

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most over-rated Wolves player of the last decade.

Ikeme is better. USA is better. If Murray wasnt the crock he is he probably wouldnt have even kicked a ball for us yet.

Micheal Oakes MKII.

P

PeteWolf

I suppose this is the inevitable result of denying top players a chance to play at the top grounds. McCarthy's decision reaping it's effect so soon.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Hasnt his contract got 3 years left to run anyway?

No need to panic just yet!

Back
Top Bottom