Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Henderson

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I see Klopp has picked Henderson again in midfield for a big game. I don’t think he’d be near our starting 11.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's a good player in my opinion, although I think Wijnaldum & Fabinho are better than him in Liverpool's midfield. When Oxlade-Chamberlain is fit again I think those three will be Liverpool's first choice trio in midfield. Henderson spends most of a match arguing with the ref though which I find annoying, plus he always looks angry.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool play 3 no frills CMs, but they are pretty effective! They did outplay us at home in the league tbf....
That Liverpool team on paper is so underwhelming.

Snorbans Wolf

Reaction score
Liverpool play 3 no frills CMs, but they are pretty effective! They did outplay us at home in the league tbf....
That Liverpool team on paper is so underwhelming.
The three in midfield might provide a stable base which allows Robertson, Alexander-Arnold, Salah, Firmino and Mane to all focus on attacking. It’s all about team balance. I think it’s a reasonable team, although I think Fabinho is class and is unlucky not to be starting.

W

we8wba

That’s your opinion and you’re fully entitled to it I just see a very average midfielder who offers little going forward.

England seemed to miss him massively in World Cup semi final and Liverpool do too

With midfielders sometimes it’s stuff go unnoticed which actually the main ingredients

Is he creative no, but he’s a bloody good midfielder who like Milner previously been very underrated

If he came to wolves at this present moment he’d be our best midfielder over a season

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Going off injured.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s your opinion and you’re fully entitled to it I just see a very average midfielder who offers little going forward.

Which seems true most of the time, then he pulls out the odd lovely ping, real vision and incision.
I find him frustrating because of how rare that’s seen.

Very efficient, every team needs them.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Henderson is average. Lacks the talent the play balls through the lines. Shows how far England are away that he is a regular starter, and Liverpool's midfield will cost them League in the end vs City.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Henderson is average. Lacks the talent the play balls through the lines. Shows how far England are away that he is a regular starter, and Liverpool's midfield will cost them League in the end vs City.
l agree. Not sure any of Loserpooh's midfield would get into City's team

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Henderson average!!!
Gee Whizz that’s your opinion which is different to mine, Klopp and Southgate

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Put like that now I know I agree with @jwolfie91:p:p
Nevez or Mouthino don’t play for Liverpool or Qualify for England so I don’t get your post? My original post stated I’d rather have the current Wolves midfielders over Henderson in our team nothing to do with England or Liverpool. If you disagree that’s fine.

D

Deleted member 3518

Nevez or Mouthino don’t play for Liverpool or Qualify for England so I don’t get your post? My original post stated I’d rather have the current Wolves midfielders over Henderson in our team nothing to do with England or Liverpool. If you disagree that’s fine.

My reply to Ercall was a bit of a laugh and had no relevance to your post as far as I can see, like to re-check?

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like him.

He's not technically great and he's a bit prone to the safe ball but he's got an engine and physicality.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Henderson was absolutely sensational in the first leg against Bayern Munich. He performs well at the very, very top level.

If you think he wouldn't get into our team you're having a laugh. I know it's the in thing to slate him because he doesn't get forward much but his work rate and passing ability is fantastic.

It's a bit like the 'Coady can't play in a back four' thing... few people say it online (despite having never seen him do it) and everyone lets it shape their opinion and continues to preach it as gospel.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
I can't stand the team he plays for but he would easily get in our first team.

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
King Kenny bought him to the pool many years ago, a succession of managers since have played him....For that reason he must be ****.......;)

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll give you one thing about Henderson, he's an ugly so and so. Can't stand him myself (as Jonzy knows!).

D

Deleted member 3751

Think he's similar to Declan Rice (or Rice is similar to Henderson if you prefer it chronologically). Does the ugly stuff, can be relied upon, rarely spectacular

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are some deluded fans on here. I love our team but we don't dominate the ball anywhere near as much as a team like Liverpool and players like Henderson are a massive reason for that. He's technically a very good footballer, a good passer, can run all day and has a physical side to his game. If he played for us allowing Neves to push further up the pitch you'd see a massive difference in how we could dominate the opposition. Like some people have commented he is there to provide the stability for their attacking players to concentrate on attacking.

R

reanswolf

Exactly the issue with all of our midfielders though, in my opinion. Don;t get me wrong I love them all, but they sit so deep its like an extra defence.

I think Nuno recognises this, and next season we will see a centre-mid more capable of attacking play.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Henderson would get into our midfield, not arguing that but he is little more than average. If you can't pass the ball through the lines and take the coward option constantly then you aren't a top player. World Cup semi final the amount of ball Henderson hit back to CBs or Pickford was a joke.

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Henderson would absolutely walk into our team, really good midfielder.

Back
Top Bottom