Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hello Fran Garagarza and goodbye Scott Sellars maybe??

T

TheConcourse

Wait, why sack him, he doesn’t have a say in anything?

See ya. Thanks for the astro-turf.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No feelings either way on this, apart from sympathies for a fella who's lost his job. I don't know how anyone feels qualified and informed enough to make any sort of fair assessment of his performance; what was his role and level of responsibility in various things... who knows? Whiteboardgate was a farce: again who knows what that was about, a single moment in time that looked damning but could've been a dozen other things (e.g., some scribbled notes to himself). One thing I'll say though is that his CV was not what we want for someone at his level in the club hierarchy.

Last edited:

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't say I'm disappointed about this. Some of the transfer deals we've made have been appalling

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like the new guy is technical director and Steve Davies will oversee the academy perhaps?
Like how it is at most clubs, what's that Wolves actually getting a good footballing structure together ?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Long overdue, all we need now is for Guo to get rid of Shi who is ultimately responsible for this mess.
Doesn't that mean ultimately Guo is responsible for the mess? Anyway we're here now and either Lopetegui keeps us up and all is forgiven or he doesn't and let's not go there!

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They’ll be sorting his new role or financial settlement (sellars) I’m sure

Just remember - under 23 and under 18’s have some talent coming through and Scott sellars has been a big part of that

Was he / is he an outstanding technical director - no idea and don’t think we can judge given Jeff Shi and Mendes have been in charge. If you aren’t trusted with the decision hard to completely critique

All true. The only thing we can be sure of is that he's **** at covering his **** when things go wrong, which in itself is a talent you need for the kind of role he had! Jeff on the other hand clearly has an **** made of Teflon.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Inexplicably got promoted waaaaaay above his level of capability and expertise. He was a good asset further down the chain.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't that mean ultimately Guo is responsible for the mess? Anyway we're here now and either Lopetegui keeps us up and all is forgiven or he doesn't and let's not go there!
Well no, he isn't the Chairman of the club and doesn't it on a day-to-day basis. Shi does.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Getting the new guy sounds like a bit of a coup.

I expect a big Jan as Lop obviously laid out his terms very clearly!

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff makes the decisions that won’t change. Two players have confirmed that saiss and ruddy

I expect with Julen and a new sporting director in, surely this will now change? They wouldn't join with Shi calling all the shots. Bruno (with all due respect) was someone he could control, Lopetegui is a totally different ballgame (I hope anyway..).

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I expect with Julen and a new sporting director in, surely this will now change? They wouldn't join with Shi calling all the shots. Bruno (with all due respect) was someone he could control, Lopetegui is a totally different ballgame (I hope anyway..).
Let’s hope so

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All true. The only thing we can be sure of is that he's **** at covering his **** when things go wrong, which in itself is a talent you need for the kind of role he had! Jeff on the other hand clearly has an **** made of Teflon.
Jeff is the owner's man. Sellars was merely his latest hired hand.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty sure that pearl of wisdom was down to Bruno
I am no Lage fan but it was reported that the club were looking at Hwang way before Lage got the gig. Indeed Nuno reportedly turned Hwang down.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are things all starting to fall into place ......did lopetugui originally say No because he wasn't given full control ...was this the sticking point that was overcome, hence him saying Yes.

Beale was obviously a last ditch attempt by sellars to save his job......

Last edited:

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sellars signed his own P45 when after we got rejected by Looetegui first time he suggested Beale, Edwards, bloke from Chelsea youth team and one dodgy international manager. Any technical director worth their salt would have a list of credible candidates.

He was appointed during COVID which I understood as things were challenging but it’s clear he’s in over his head. He’s done good work with the Academy but that has improved under Collins and Davis. He obviously had the ear of journalists so could drip feed things in to his advantage which has probably told against him.

I also wonder whether now Guo is back on the scene the long lead that Jeff’s been on has been tightened and Guo wasn’t happy when he visited in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom