Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hawthorns standing trial

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

Fair play to them though, at least they're trying to do something about it.

Want to introduce safe standing, play the liquidator, I'm told they have a thing for the kids out the front.

Just imagine if we were like that - not criticising the current crop, Dalrymple seems to want to take us there.

The South Bank as a whole safe standing stand, I know we do now, but it would have more people. There's more of an edge to Molineux than the Hawthorns and the South Bank as a stand is relatively unique in English football today, we could have one of the best atmosphere's in the country IMO.

Really hope we're at the front of the queue in trying to get it introduced in the Championship.

Hull Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Are they up in court charged with trying to impersonate a football team? :D

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love to see a South Bank with safe standing. All those years ago when we had stands closed because of standing and yet i stood at Brentford last season.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Want to introduce safe standing, play the liquidator, I'm told they have a thing for the kids out the front.

Just imagine if we were like that - not criticising the current crop, Dalrymple seems to want to take us there.

The South Bank as a whole safe standing stand, I know we do now, but it would have more people. There's more of an edge to Molineux than the Hawthorns and the South Bank as a stand is relatively unique in English football today, we could have one of the best atmosphere's in the country IMO.

Really hope we're at the front of the queue in trying to get it introduced in the Championship.
We've already got one of the best atmospheres in English football, although that's nothing to shout about as the Taylor report and ticket prices killed the atmosphere everywhere - our football culture is the laughing stock of European football.

I'm tempted to comment on the Liquidator but apparently it's a dead issue and we need to grow up and get over it.

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I read the report earlier and every premier team has been asked if they would participate so don't know why the **** have been singled out for mention.

gewolf

Reaction score
Maybe they are the only club that offered - or the first?

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is actually quite ironic cos my mate is an Albion fan who had a season ticket for 15 odd years and their stewards chuck them out if they stand up too much :tearsofjoy:

old gold barmy army

Reaction score

The thing out front for the kids is McDonald's.!!!

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe the FA are sounding clubs out at this stage, I think it was the government who banned standing in this country....It will have to passed through parliament...please correct me if I'm wrong..

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are we allowed to stand at say ;

Brentford
Burton

Etc ?

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's such a strange law, I can't believe it hasn't been changed so many years after the Taylor report.
Standing is allowed in Scotland and lower leagues, tolerated in England, and spontaneous standing for corners & goals deemed more of a risk. Can't think of any other law that's so inconsistent.

Reaction score
It's surely safer to have designated standing areas and then actually police the ones where people are meant to be sitting. If you had like 2/3rds of the Southbank as standing and then kept the other third for those that want to sit but still have the atmosphere, everyone wins.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
There was a long discussion about safe standing at a recent Fans' Parliament. The general feeling I got from Wolves was that they were in favour of it, but there was only so much they could do. They've sent fans up to Celtic to look at how their safe standing works, so the club are definitely investigating the possibility.

I think the big issue that safe standing will have is that people will automatically compare it to terracing, and form their opinion based on that. What I will say is that in my experience of safe standing, and my (albeit limited) experience of terracing, the two are very different.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Maybe a good starting point would be to get rid of the term 'safe standing', I stand up quite frequently and don't generally find it to be a dangerous activity. People didn't die at Hillsborough because they were stood up, they died because of fences and incompetent policing, all-seater stadiums came about as part of the cover up of the latter. Many people seem to have forgotten this.

W

WanderingWolf

It's such a strange law, I can't believe it hasn't been changed so many years after the Taylor report.
Standing is allowed in Scotland and lower leagues, tolerated in England, and spontaneous standing for corners & goals deemed more of a risk. Can't think of any other law that's so inconsistent.

I think it's more of an issue enforcing and policing it rather then the law being inconsistent, I mean if 30thousand people decide to stand at the same time how do you stop that? It's impossible as such the law should be changed accordingly. Safe standing is clearly something that needs to be implemented across the board imo.

Back
Top Bottom