Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Have you enjoyed this week of football on BT?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I subscribe to BT and I've rarely watched more football than I have this week; and after Wolves win I've enjoyed every minute of it. It's just great to be able to dip into matches as you want. It really gives you a decent insight into teams which most of the time you don't get. This has to be the future, be it BT, Sky, BBC or some other subscription service. The vast, vast majority can't/don't get to games so it's ludicrous that the massive football fanbase is denied a legitimate chance to follow their team and the game on TV.

Nivada

Reaction score
Always get the impression they love Wolves on BT

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really enjoyed the football this week.

Plenty of matches to choose from every night.

Us winning on Tuesday night was the highlight, although not a great watch for the neutral.

Disappointed Forest won, but watched Everton get hammered tonight which made up for it.

Great to have 2 tellies, so the wife can watch what she likes and I watch all the footy.

Different kick off times have helped. Watched the last half hour of the Spurs v United game tonight as well.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, I have BT and sometimes I wonder why I bother because it's mainly Saturday lunchtime games which are inconvenient or which I watch on the concourse at Molineux if we have a 3 o'clock KO. But this week it's been a pick. n mix of delights!

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been great the only down side is I try and get clever and flick between games and usually miss a Goal in the other game, took me 5 minutes to realise Newcastle had took the lead.

The staggered kick off are great, think it was amazon he first used these.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Enjoyed it but I do feel a bit 'footballed out' now! On the other hand, my better half has hated it. The last straw tonight was when she came into the living room, knowing the Newcastle game was just about to end, ready to watch a bit of tele on the 'big tv' and I switched the channel to Spurs v Man United which had half an hour left!

Kennedy

Reaction score
I was really looking forward to the City game but it was all just a bit meh.

City dominance is so boring and bad for the game yet most people (myself included) have had a chuckle at arsenal's demise.

So, to conclude I loved the Wolves match on Tuesday (in the ground not on TV) but last night bored me and I then didn't bother tonight...

I'm more of a Wolves fan than I am general football fan. If we are struggling I can't watch ANY football -too upsetting, don't wanna know.

I did watch Arsenal Southampton and really really enjoyed it though.

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
Really enjoyed tonight's Everton Newcastle, some cracking goals, last night didn't quite live up to the occasion and was out Tuesday obviously.

Can't imagine there were many neutrals that stuck our match out till the end on Tuesday.

Kennedy

Reaction score
I'd love to have players like him, he was great, one of the Wolves legends. He put heart into the team. And had a great left foot. Was he left footed? From memory I believe he was but may be wrong.
He was mate. He scored an absolute screamer away in (I think) our first season back in the championship under Jones or maybe Hoddle. Crewe or Port Vale away?

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If a service comes along that allows me to pay to watch a match (any match i choose) then I'll buy it. At the moment no single provider is able to give access to everything

which I think is just stupid

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was just reading Kevin Keegan's autobiography. He said as soon as he took over as Man City boss the first player he shipped out - to us - was Kennedy as he was the ringleader of the big drinking squad that City had at the time. Never realised that. Don't know what he was like in his time at Molineux but he certainly gave us some great memories.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enjoyed it in spite of BT, not because of it.

Nice to be able to flick between all the matches but still find the majority of their comms and co-comms pretty much unbearable.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just for the record. Nobody is saying Diego Costa, Neves, or any singular Wolves player is a ''Messiah'. We have a great team ethos at Wolves. And the team effort to fight for the badge has been unprecedented. The team as a whole, have shown, that they want to fight for to survive. When you say Messiah. It's not like that. It's the team performance. It always has been and always will be.

I'm saying Neves is the messiah

W

WasStefan

Every game should be on legitimate TV, blackout is so outdated now when anyone can find a stream extremely easily.
A 3pm saturday game is being shown live on TV sometime next month. First time ever

Blackout rule is finished imo

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very good in my opinion. Games spread across a few days with staggered kick off times. Let’s hope we have more of this next season.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apart from the Forest game it has been sweet.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stockport away

Thought that was in the Choke Season?

Only time that I went into The Pineapple pub on Edgeley (and I lived close at the time)

Feral (but was apparently handy for a few pints at 9 am during lockdown)

Last edited:

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Wolves playing first and winning makes all the difference i would be sulking and ignoring the rest of the football if we had lost.

Wombourne Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was very good, hopefully do more like it in the future.

The only negative for me was the quality of the co-commentators

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of the pundits are dreadful but good to have all the games on.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, because I pay a fortune for Sky. So missed all the games. Not sure the last time I watched a PL match at home on Sky.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The games were good but BT's presentation, punditry and commentary is the drizzling ****s I mean it's awful from the butchering of 'one to another' inane punditry and commentary in between to the end credits it's so ****ing bad.

I recorded our game and watched through some of what I can but what the **** is perennial League 1 or 2 regulars doing punditry on Premier League games. Imagine watching boxing at a world level and getting journeymen do punditry or commentary, Come on FFS.

Can't wait for them to go out of business, I would not feel bad about them losing their jobs.:tearsofjoy:

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The games were good but BT's presentation, punditry and commentary is the drizzling ****s I mean it's awful from the butchering of 'one to another' inane punditry and commentary in between to the end credits it's so ****ing bad.

I recorded our game and watched through some of what I can but what the **** is perennial League 1 or 2 regulars doing punditry on Premier League games. Imagine watching boxing at a world level and getting journeymen do punditry or commentary, Come on FFS.

Can't wait for them to go out of business, I would not feel bad about them losing their jobs.:tearsofjoy:
BT won't be BT much longer as apparently they've been bought out or merged with Discovery. So I reckon some will be begging for the return of BT when the Americanisation of the game starts in earnest. We've already got stupid wording creeping into the game, when Discovery get going it could get worse.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A 3pm saturday game is being shown live on TV sometime next month. First time ever

Blackout rule is finished imo
That is Leeds United v Manchester City on Coronation Day, with it a 3pm KO due to wanting to avoid more police resource strain with a 12:45pm KO and City v Real Madrid being either side.

Will be absolutely fascinating to see what the viewing figures are, not least with the Premier League rights auction for 2025-2028 later this year.

Back
Top Bottom