Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hate towards footballers

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Matt Jarvis was on 5live this morning talking about it and the abuse he got. I missed the first bit of the interview, but I think he was talking about when in London

Teddy Ruxpin

Groupie
Reaction score
Hate is an odd thing and football certainly has the ability to generate plenty of it.

Its sad that this is now transferable from the terraces and pubs/workplace to actually reach players and effect their lives. These are people after all, not robots

I remember watching us against Arsenal during the McCarthy years and I don't think I have ever felt such hatred towards a player* as I did towards Fabregas. I could (if I had the physical ability) have run down the SB and ran on the pitch to punch him.

Theres alot of extremity on line, the written format and relative anonymity of it doesn't lend itself to well balanced debate, often pushing people down extreme views quite quickly. As the internet quote goes, everyone got used to insulting people on line without getting a punch in the face.

*The Notlob striker aside who appears to revel in his shenanigans during the play offs

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you had stood next to the Bolton ****** as I did in W H Smiths, Inverness the last thing you would want to do is even thinking of hitting him. Built like an out house...

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not just hate towards footballers is it? It's hate towards anybody, and it's so easy in a decentralised world where every pleb not only as an outlet for their own frustrations at their fingertips, they can also see those people who are doing better at life than they are.
It's more to do with what society we've created, or what the internet has forced us to accept has always been there under the surface but previously had a lid on it.

I think privacy and identity is going to be a massive issue in coming years, along with scamming and deception.
If everything becomes even more ultra-accessible then more and more people will be protecting their lives by disappearing inside themselves. It will become a situational irony to start avoiding the system that makes everything easier.

Back
Top Bottom