Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Has any manager ever been sacked during a game?

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure it's happened once but can't remember who or when

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting question cannot remember it happening in England but it probably has.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Martin Jol found out his time at Tottenham Hotspur had finished, before a match had even finished. There was already wide speculation that Jol had been fired before the Spurs' October 2007 UEFA Cup clash with Getafe. But Jol got confirmation during the interval, the Daily Mail claims.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was Mark Hughes effectively sacked by Man City at half time in a game? Or news broke of his replacement during the game I think, something like that

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure it's happened once but can't remember who or when
Not a sacking, but the day Bully scored in injury time to equalise v Tunisia, the home team announced their new manager at halftime.

The outgoing coach handed over the reigns on the pitch, the new boss took charge for the second half.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Solbakken was as good as sacked the moment the ball hit the back of the net for Luton in that cup tie!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our Wolverhampton Sunday League manager walked out before our season started back in the day.

Newly appointed in pre season, he never turned up for our first match and we never saw him again.

Not sacked and not during a match I know, but it was before any match started!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bobby Gould resigned his job as coach in the dressing room in front of the players at the end of a game, IIRC. Not quite the same thing...

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Didn't the news break about Van Gaal getting booted at United during the FA Cup final that he won?

Back
Top Bottom