Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Harry Souttar anyone?

Queensland Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
The Aussie CH has all the attributes in my opinion as a top class CH. He is over 185 cms and can score goals from set pieces with his head. He is only 22 and reads the game really well. He had broken into I
Oz national team and scored goals and then broke his leg. Fought back to fitness and only just made WC. Plays for Stoke and regularly MOM. Only played a few minutes in the last year
His last ditch tackling is timed to perfection and the two he pulled off against Tunisia we’re goal saving tackles- just my opinion

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need much more experience I’m hoping we sign Nacho from Real Madrid.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Aussie CH has all the attributes in my opinion as a top class CH. He is over 185 cms and can score goals from set pieces with his head. He is only 22 and reads the game really well. He had broken into I
Oz national team and scored goals and then broke his leg. Fought back to fitness and only just made WC. Plays for Stoke and regularly MOM. Only played a few minutes in the last year
His last ditch tackling is timed to perfection and the two he pulled off against Tunisia we’re goal saving tackles- just my opinion

He looked amazing in the last game, but his record is Brechin, Dundee, Ross County, Fleetwood and Stoke.
Maybe a few years ago when we were in the Championship he'd have been worth a gamble, like Hull did with Harry Maguire who is very similar in stature and style and then he really came to the fore in the Championship. I can't see a Premier League taking a chance on him though, he needs to get promoted on merit and then show he can play at the top level. Maybe getting out of Stoke will help him.

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
He was really poor a few seasons back when he was on loan at Ross County, although he was young. He genuinely looked like my 9 year old son does when he's playing after a growth spurt - totally incapable of controlling his legs and really unbalanced. Astounded to see him being linked with premier league clubs.

He's also just back from a year out with an ACL injury, so he's more of a pre-Julen Wolves signing. ;)

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Soutter did well against Tunisia but was all over the place against the French ( although did supply the long ball for Leckie to set up Goodwin) where 3 of their goals were scored from headers. A nearly 7ft tall ( Soutter) CB shouldn't be getting beaten in the air.
He's just come back from an ACL being tall it may be an ongoing issue ( like Sasa).

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
JL will sign proven quality and experience
It will be players from the Spanish La liga none of us would really know unless we watch these teams. He knows what he wants already so let’s hope it brings change of fortune.

Rayo, Osasuna, Mallorca, Betis, Bilbao, Sevilla, Vigo

Pick up cheap decent players from we aren’t going to attract players from Barcelona or Madrid whilst we are lay bottom of the pile.

Get the feeling Hwang is on his way out the door

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be players from the Spanish La liga none of us would really know unless we watch these teams. He knows what he wants already so let’s hope it brings change of fortune.

Rayo, Osasuna, Mallorca, Betis, Bilbao, Sevilla, Vigo

Pick up cheap decent players from we aren’t going to attract players from Barcelona or Madrid whilst we are lay bottom of the pile.

Get the feeling Hwang is on his way out the door
Agreed re p[layers
Fingers crossed re Hwang!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nowhere near the level required for the position we’re currently in.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Turning circle of the QE2 .Not fast enough either. I think there are better options for less money

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Stoke fans reckon Soutar will be sold soon. They really rate him, but not sure another promising yet inexperienced centre back is a priority for us right now.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Australia really dont have many good players these days and the Standard of the A-League is about league one level. Years ago they had plenty of good quality premier league footballers, these days i think they arguably have Ryan and thats about it.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Australia really dont have many good players these days and the Standard of the A-League is about league one level. Years ago they had plenty of good quality premier league footballers, these days i think they arguably have Ryan and thats about it.
Duke no good? Looks quite the target man

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
He's also just back from a year out with an ACL injury, so he's more of a pre-Julen Wolves signing. ;)
As much as we’re getting a reputation for getting players back from ACL injuries I don’t think the medical team need any more experience in that than they have at the moment!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as we’re getting a reputation for getting players back from ACL injuries I don’t think the medical team need any more experience in that than they have at the moment!
Sadly we also seem to be getting a reputation for getting players the damned things in the first place....

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The most talented Australian player has falĺen out with the manager.... Rogic.
But yes, the days of Kewell, Viduka, Moore, Cahill and Bosnich are long gone, Arnold is doing a Republic of Ireland and picking anyone with a distant Aussie relation, unfortunately most of them are second rate Scotsmen.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play. He's done alright in a defensive set up against tepid opposition but no.

We've spent around 20 million on CB's since 2017. It's about time we went and got a seriously good one, particularly if we're going to play with a back 4.

blaenboy

Reaction score
Certainly very impressive tonight. Denmark tepid opposition? Not in the same class as Brentford or Southampton or Crystal Palace I suppose, but not bad.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The most talented Australian player has falĺen out with the manager.... Rogic.
But yes, the days of Kewell, Viduka, Moore, Cahill and Bosnich are long gone, Arnold is doing a Republic of Ireland and picking anyone with a distant Aussie relation, unfortunately most of them are second rate Scotsmen.
compared to the first rate Scotsmen, who are not playing there :)

It was a masterstroke by Australia to get out of South American qualifying and into Asia, and considering that quite a few Australians hardly kick a ball in Australia and are scouted off to Europe very quickly, they've done very well to put a good team out that can't get together that often....evidenced by a very dicey qualifying campaign. As Jack Charlton showed very early on, birth nationality means **** all anymore in a world of migration and relatives, and who better to exploit it than a migrant country like Australia.

Back
Top Bottom