Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Harry Maguire

Himleywolf

Reaction score
Even if we had signed him, we would have sold him a few months or a year later for a couple of million quid profit. He wouldn't be with us now, whatever happened.
But where would we be if we had signed him and 1 or 2 others

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
McGuire was immense tonight. Calm, confident and skilful in everything he did.

The way the defence is set up suits him. They pass the ball around but he is the one who always looks to find space and move forward when the opportunity arises.

The big boys in the Premier League are probably taking notice!

D

Deleted member 5242

Looked good throughout so far, pleasantly surprised

M

Mr Wolf

Class this whole World Cup, I thought Trippier had a poor game along with Young. Henderson again impressed me with his energy.

D

Deleted member 4456

I think he still looks like a hot potato merchant - not comfortable enough on the ball for my liking.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Superb performance. He’s a mighty fine player. Well done Harry.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Horrendouson! I walked out the room when he took his penalty as I knew he’d miss, he’s Karl Henry reincarnated! Back 3 were all good tonight, Pickford deserves praise too. As for Lingard,Alli and sterling!! What a bag of ****

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he still looks like a hot potato merchant - not comfortable enough on the ball for my liking.

Must be us two in the minority but I totally agree with you. I thought he just looked like a slightly upmarket Danny B. Plenty of spirit. Pretty solid. Uncomfortable on the ball though and takes the easy option of a backpass to the keeper far too often for my liking. That said he battled through tonight and it was definitely a battle with all the Columbian dirty tricks.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

The way the defence is set up suits him. They pass the ball around but he is the one who always looks to find space and move forward when the opportunity arises.

Hopefully we are yes. :)

M

Mr Wolf

Must be us two in the minority but I totally agree with you. I thought he just looked like a slightly upmarket Danny B. Plenty of spirit. Pretty solid.
You’ve clearly had a beer Sammy because you’re way off the mark, did you not see him driving up field more so than any other midfield player in the 2nd period of ET?

The lads been knocking in about for fun if you want to look at the poor players with lack of quality look at the wingbacks & Deli Alli who’s done **** all again.

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Future world class defender. Him and Kane are priceless to England

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe in a minority of one but Stones to me is our best defender by a mile. Him and Kane are our only 2 genuinely world class players, but that’s just my opinion

M

Mr Wolf

If Coady steps up in the Prem he has to be in the running for an England call up.
Except him got completely turned by Mitrovic & gave away a simple penalty vs Cardiff so unlike most I worry about his ability to defend still. On the ball & reading of the game was great.

M

MonkeySpanner

Except him got completely turned by Mitrovic & gave away a simple penalty vs Cardiff so unlike most I worry about his ability to defend still. On the ball & reading of the game was great.
Everyone makes mistakes Mr Wolf. I think it’s going to be an interesting season. Wolves certainly the best last season but maybe even Neves may not make the grade.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why the need to dive though??

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’ve clearly had a beer Sammy because you’re way off the mark, did you not see him driving up field more so than any other midfield player in the 2nd period of ET?

The lads been knocking in about for fun if you want to look at the poor players with lack of quality look at the wingbacks & Deli Alli who’s done **** all again.

Only a couple of beers Mr Wolf. Not enough to impair my judgement on Harry McGuire. I did see him driving forward and I was thinking who the hell is defending. I saw plenty of guts, courage and determination from him but he was a bit lacking in quality on the deck IMO which put us under pressure at times. I'm not singling him out for critisism but this thread is about him. This England squad probably is probably the lowest quality England squad I have ever seen but the things they do have that recent England squads have lacked and thats more guts, team spirit and a little bit of luck.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our best defender and our best midfielder. Superb player.

M

Mr Wolf

Everyone makes mistakes Mr Wolf. I think it’s going to be an interesting season. Wolves certainly the best last season but maybe even Neves may not make the grade.
But 2 big away games against the 2 other promoted teams? We’re not playing Bolton everyweek so I think he’s way off England quality.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why the need to dive though??

Didn't dive, lost his footing as many did around that section of the pitch. Even if he did, good on him, I couldn't care less, in fact, I hope we dive, cheat and spit our way to the champions league. Fed up with being a gallant loser.

Maguire was excellent and anybody calling him a hoof merchant surely wasn't watching the game. He was just about the ONLY composed player we had out there and regularly took pressure off by carrying the bal forward.

I liked the look of England in the first half but the midfield lacks balance. Alli and Sterling isn't working, Alli isn't finding the gaps in this team, he's mostly receiving with his back to goal and Sterling is running into blind alleys. Henderson is the best of a very poor bunch, he's a leader who gets up and down the pitch but he lacks incisiveness.

We are heading in the right direction but I think Southgate is just getting the best be can out of an imbalanced bunch right now. Semi finals would be an enormous achievement for this squad.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

McGuire looks like what everyone expected John Stones to be by now.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maguire certainly no lightweight. Trippier MOM.

Maguire the best of the back 3, i think they all look shaky under pressure ( fortunate not to concede from Walkers stuff up).

Kane by far MOM for me....... we ( England) are a bit of a one man team.

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought Maguire was excellent. MOM for me. England have finally woken up to the fact (like Wolves) that you need ball playing centre halves to dictate the game, to keep possession, and not lump balls into channels, or in the path of flying wingers and instantly give the ball away. Control the game. What we need to do better is to control the game without the ball. But Maguire is definitely not a hoof merchant. The exact opposite.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maguire MOTm for me, Trippier had a good game, Kane played well, Ali, Lingard was in and out Ali i still dont see the fuss about him, as for Stirling, i can remember him making one good through ball, apart from that he constantly went to deck, and when he didnt, he made the wrong choice of what to do with he ball. How many games now since he scored for england ? that puts big pressure on Harry Kane to score. good penalties by england under tremendous pressure.

Back
Top Bottom