Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hannah Dingley

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not at all given the run of posts I’d moderated when I wrote that recently. Those attitudes are present here.
Maybe I jumped the gun then there @Mutchy which I'll hold my hand up if so and retract that statement - only logged in 15 mins or so ago so have only saw posts from up until then.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe I jumped the gun then there @Mutchy which I'll hold my hand up if so and retract that statement - only logged in 15 mins or so ago so have only saw posts from up until then.
Fair enough, thank you. I’m talking separate occasions over just a few days at the time of originally writing.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the case of John Barnes, unfortunately for him he got the sack after losing in a Cup Game to a side 2 leagues below him. I think generally speaking, if your seen as a failure managing in a league like the SPL, you stock is pretty low.

Whether that is right or wrong, you tell me. Personally, I think it is debatable. Just how hard he tried for employment in the years that followed, neither me or you know. I'd suggest if he spent as much energy as what he does complaining of this "problem" , he'd have perhaps made a success of management. His record at Celtic wasn't actually that bad overall.

Smith, Hughes, Bruce etc.... You trace there managerial careers back...they all initially had an upward trajectory in there careers as manager. That is where Barnes failed (by perception, perhaps)
I'd say that is the difference.

Why do they continue to get jobs? That is an entirely different issue of the merry go round of managers. Different issue imo. Even Lampard, you could argue had a (half) decent start at Derby and Chelsea and is probably still living off that. I do think he is going to struggle from this moment on though. If Chelsea didn't touch him back in January which to me was more of a pr move whilst they waited for Poch, who else would have?

So anyway.. back to the suggestion, infact no - bare faced accusation that Chairman, CEOs whoever it may be.. look at the credentials of a football manager..but then stop and think "ah no... We won't employ him.. he is black"... Do you not think believing that for one moment is very weird ?
It’s very weird to think that only a handful of BAME folk are capable of managing clubs in league football. They must all interview terribly and have CV’s vastly inferior to the likes of Joey Barton and his massive amounts of managerial experience as he walked straight into a league management role. Maybe it was his experience off the field or his betting experience that made him such a wonderful candidate.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
So the moment anything is questioned, views held to account.. you just want to throw those labels at people and categorise people ?

Really?
He literally said white people are better managers than black people. He said it's a fact. So you think that he was right to claim that and his argument shouldn't be held to account? It was the most overt and obvious statement of racism I've seen on the Mix (although maybe others have been moderated).

I was pointing out the other groups who claim white people have better mental skills and intelligence than black people and that any 'science' that looked into that has been fully debunked. They just happen to be openly racist organisations. However, if you have evidence to counter that and would prefer to name other more acceptable groups who also believe this view go ahead. I'm sure MIKE SLATER will be glad of your support.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s very weird to think that only a handful of BAME folk are capable of managing clubs in league football. They must all interview terribly and have CV’s vastly inferior to the likes of Joey Barton and his massive amounts of managerial experience as he walked straight into a league management role. Maybe it was his experience off the field or his betting experience that made him such a wonderful candidate.
Joey Barton "walked" into his first managerial job at battling League One side Fleetwood Town

John Barnes first job (I won't use the word, walked, too suggestive for a BAME...) was SPL Title challenging Celtic.

Who had the better first job there, regardless of outcome ?

I suspect you won't answer that question outright.
But it's fine, I'm obviously just one of a number of racists on here for questioning whether lack of opportunities for BAME managers exists.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you not think believing that for one moment is very weird ?

You do know a previous chairman of ours was known as Union Jack, rebuilt the stadium using British made materials and contractors and refused to sanction signing on non British and Irish players…

That aside, I do believe that I said that I just found it weird that coaches/managers from BAME were overlooked in favour of those who seem to consistently fail in their chosen profession. I don’t recall accusing anybody of anything, so I’d appreciate it if you’d not put words into my mouth. It’s could just be a case of who you know, not what you know when it comes to managerial appointments, but then that’s still not giving everyone a fair crack of the whip.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He literally said white people are better managers than black people. He said it's a fact. So you think that he was right to claim that and his argument shouldn't be held to account? It was the most overt and obvious statement of racism I've seen on the Mix (although maybe others have been moderated).

I was pointing out the other groups who claim white people have better mental skills and intelligence than black people and that any 'science' that looked into that has been fully debunked. They just happen to be openly racist organisations. However, if you have evidence to counter that and would prefer to name other more acceptable groups who also believe this view go ahead. I'm sure MIKE SLATER will be glad of your support.
Ok well I thought you was talking generally across the board. Can't speak for Mike Slater - but I'll word it as I did earlier and I hope he meant it in this way. Context is key in debates such as this.

Historically, white managers have been more successful than black managers.

That is a statement of fact.
Does it influence Chairman/CEO on future appointments ? Maybe, but does that make it racist ? Absolutely not.

Does it mean black managers have been given less opportunities? No, it is just a fact.

Also to flip it (which I stated earlier)

Historically, black men have been more successful than white men at Boxing.

Does it mean white boxers have been given less opportunities? No, it is just a fact.
Does it influence Boxing promoters on future investments? Maybe, but does that make it racist ? Absolutely not.

I realise my examples are flawed and in some cases ridiculous. But guess what - so is this Manager opportunity/BAME "problem"

It is utter nonsense.

I have been around enough and in life you get ultimately judged on your character, mentality and ability. Nothing more, nothing less. If you succeed in those three it doesn't matter about opportunity, those three will create that. Doesn't matter whether your black blue purple or pink.

I am having no more say in this thread because it is utter nonsense some of the stuff I am reading. Complete blame game rearing it's ugly head.

Don't worry, this racist will be long gone soon.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You do know a previous chairman of ours was known as Union Jack, rebuilt the stadium using British made materials and contractors and refused to sanction signing on non British and Irish players…
Jesus wept..

Don't worry son, that racist has long been gone too

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok well I thought you was talking generally across the board. Can't speak for Mike Slater - but I'll word it as I did earlier and I hope he meant it in this way. Context is key in debates such as this.

Does it influence Chairman/CEO on future appointments ? Maybe, but does that make it racist ? Absolutely not.

Does it mean black managers have been given less opportunities? No, it is just a fact.

Does it mean white boxers have been given less opportunities? No, it is just a fact.
Does it influence Boxing promoters on future investments? Maybe, but does that make it racist ? Absolutely not.

I realise my examples are flawed and in some cases ridiculous. But guess what - so is this Manager opportunity/BAME "problem"

It is utter nonsense.

I have been around enough and in life you get ultimately judged on your character, mentality and ability. Nothing more, nothing less. If you succeed in those three it doesn't matter about opportunity, those three will create that. Doesn't matter whether your black blue purple or pink.

I am having no more say in this thread because it is utter nonsense some of the stuff I am reading. Complete blame game rearing it's ugly head.

What on earth is this great pile of unintelligible nonsense.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow labelling Jack Hayward as racist is a step too far even for you.
It's called sarcasm. Look it up you ****

Sir Jack was a patriotic man. There is no race crime in that. Even as much as idiots in 2023 will try and portray.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Ok well I thought you was talking generally across the board. Can't speak for Mike Slater - but I'll word it as I did earlier and I hope he meant it in this way.

It is utter nonsense.

Don't worry, this racist will be long gone soon and the blame game can

Molineux Mix
W

Hannah Dingley​

First Prev6 of 6
Jump to newWatch
21 minutes ago
W

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up​

Quote Reply
Report •••
19 minutes ago
[IMG alt="Mutchy"]https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/forum/data/avatars/m/3/3418.jpg?1470741805[/IMG]

Mutchy

Administrator​

Fair enough, thank you. I’m talking separate occasions over just a few days at the time of originally writing.

Like Quote Reply
17 minutes ago
[IMG alt="SteveBullsKnee"]https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/forum/data/avatars/m/4/4465.jpg?1538131403[/IMG]

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up​

Like Quote Reply
14 minutes ago
[IMG alt="Wonder Boyo"]https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/forum/data/avatars/m/3/3550.jpg?1678605504[/IMG]

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd​

Like Quote Reply
12 minutes ago
W

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up​

Joey Barton "walked" into his first managerial job at battling League One side Fleetwood Town

John Barnes first job (I won't use the word, walked, too suggestive for a BAME...) was SPL Title challenging Celtic.

Who had the better first job there, regardless of outcome ?

I suspect you won't answer that question outright.
But it's fine, I'm obviously just one of a number of racists on here for questioning whether lack of opportunities for BAME managers exists.

Quote Reply
Report •••
Messages have been posted since you loaded this page. View them?
First Prev6 of 6

BoldItalicMore options…

Insert linkInsert imageMore options…
UndoMore options…
Preview

Font sizeText colorFont familyListAlignment
  • Align left
  • Align center
  • Align right
  • Justify text
Paragraph formatStrike-throughUnderlineInline spoilerInline code
SmiliesQuoteMediaInsert tableInsert horizontal lineSpoilerCode
RedoToggle BB codeRemove formattingDrafts

It is utter nonsense.

You could have saved yourself a lot of words by reading what MIKE SLATER originally said (not sure if it's been deleted by him or a mod since) and then read my post properly. Indeed, I even said that there is nuance to be had in the discussion around equal opportunities and positive discrimination. However, there is no nuance around saying white people are better managers than black people, and then when questioned about it, saying that it's a fact. That's just racist nonsense (to put it kindly).

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Sometimes a thread is left to run that reminds me why we ended up with a politics subforum.
Yep. I think I’m going to close it overnight now because neither @bod101 nor I can watch it closely enough through the evening. Remains to be seen as to whether or not it’s reopened here tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom