Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Had an interesting chat with a Wolves cabby at Plymouth.

W

WOOF!

He reckons it's all a big con and I am wondering the same thing now.

The cut off date for the "early bird" season tickets was march 17th according to him.
Just prior to that Wolves had turned over Cardiff (fellow play off contenders) then earned an admirable point at Reading.
Since the cut off date we have been murdered at home by a relegation threatened team and I'm not even gonna start on that performance at Plymouth.

Anyone else reckon the geezer has a point?

Is this all a big con??

V

Visage Wolf

WOOF! said:

The cut off date for the "early bird" season tickets was march 17th according to him.
Just prior to that Wolves had turned over Cardiff (fellow play off contenders) then earned an admirable point at Reading.
Since the cut off date we have been murdered at home by a relegation threatened team and I'm not even gonna start on that performance at Plymouth.

Is this all a big con??

Yes. Moxey paid off Reading and cardiff to allow us to play well. Well spotted.

The Bear

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said the same to my mate after the Cardiff game, and before the Sheff Wed game. The timing is suspicously uncanny.

Of course it's rubbish, though I wonder if the players are given huge win bonuses around renewal time? It's the sort of thing CEO's would do.

Deutsch Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, do you really think that Hoddle, the players and the board all sat back after the Cardiff game and said, "Our work is done for this season"?

The Bear

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know if that Q was aimed at me but my answer is no.

They may have had more financial incentive during the period of the EB though, which could explain the extra effort or rather sudden drop of it once the ££'s weren't likely to be as forthcoming. That and the 'perceived' drop in level of opposition and consequent performance which always seems to follow.

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the good old boat race tradition.....what a load of rowlocks.

Deutsch Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Bear said:
Don't know if that Q was aimed at me but my answer is no.

They may have had more financial incentive during the period of the EB though, which could explain the extra effort or rather sudden drop of it once the ££'s weren't likely to be as forthcoming.

It wasn't.

I doubt the second part of your statement is true, though, no matter how much it fits the Plymouth performance. Although we were poor in footballing terms against Sheff Wed, the effort couldn't be faulted.

The Bear

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe the management past and present just talk the players/team up too much before we play the lower placed teams then?

It's happened for too long for it to be a coincidence. Something to do with the attitude towards opposition is affecting performances. Maybe we have too many 'big game' style players who can only play to form in peaks and troughs instead of consistent battlers.

W

WOOF!

The Bear said:
Maybe the management past and present just talk the players/team up too much before we play the lower placed teams then?

It's happened for too long for it to be a coincidence. Something to do with the attitude towards opposition is affecting performances. Maybe we have too many 'big game' style players who can only play to form in peaks and troughs instead of consistent battlers.

Now that is more like it.
Bet Deutchwolf won't agree though.

Deutsch Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WOOF! said:
Now that is more like it.
Bet Deutchwolf won't agree though.

As it happens, I do. Not that it has anything to do with your original post, which is a load of sh*te.

W

WOOF!

Deutsch Wolf said:
As it happens, I do. Not that it has anything to do with your original post, which is a load of sh*te.

A lot like the majority of your opinions.

F

Florida Wolfey

WOOF! said:

Is this all a big con??

What's interesting about that? Typical cabbie talk....

W

WOOF!

What's interesting about it is the lack of respect on here for cabbies.

Are they sub-human or something?

Or does everyone on here share Deutchwolf's holier than thou outlook on life?

Either way Wolves are letting you down and I for one want answers.

F

Florida Wolfey

WOOF! said:
Either way Wolves are letting you down and I for one want answers.

Get used to it. You're in absolutely no position to get answers.

F

Florida Wolfey

Oh and as for cab drivers.....yes, they are sub human.

Deutsch Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
18miles said:
can i refer you to my previous thread re honesty...

To see an equally incoherent ramble about the professionalism of players? No thanks.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regret to write that I was on the same opinion as that on the first contribution. Cannot think otherwise. This positioning has been happening season after season and cannot be a coincidence. A coincidence happens only when one wins the lottery.

W

WOOF!

Deutsch Wolf said:
To see an equally incoherent ramble about the professionalism of players? No thanks.

You ask for people's thoughts and in return get personal insults from certain members and their equally deluded cronies.
Now that is interesting.

M

markb

A cabbie writes:
Blimey mate, shocking result or what? String them up, I say, it's the only language they understand. I had that Deutsch Wolf in the back the other week. Wot a nutter. Now where was it you wanted to go?

D

Del Woppio

I'm sorry but that is a load of $$$$$$$$. Jez wants promotion as much as anybody. Maybe not for the same reasons, but the want is there. To suggest he raised the bonus payments during the renewal window, saw that it was working, and then drop them is simply ludicrous. Shockingly, not everything is a mass conspiracy.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know all about Win Bonuses from my Amiga Days on Championship Manager and can confirm that they work in certain circumstances, with certain players. Joey Beauchamp is a good example. So, I think the cabbie might be right to be honest

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I just can't see how this theory is possible. First of all it would mean Jez, Hoddle and the players would have all been in on the plan. I can't see what the benefit is in giving up after the early bird deadline!

From Jez's financial point of view it would be much more beneficial for the club to at least reach the play-offs (extra gate and tv money) especially if we reached the final. If we went on to get promoted the financial reward of reaching the Premiership is far greater than a few more early birds.

As for Hoddle and his ego he wants to look good as a manager. He wants to manage in the Premiership whether it be with Wolves or anyone else. I don't think getting a few extra early birds in and finishing 7 th is going to enhance his reputation.

The players - I can see them all sitting there saying "our work is done, let's bottle it against Wednesday (but get alot of shots on target for their keeper to save so it looks as if we're trying) and be s**t against Plymouth and start our summer holidays early. We've done our job and reaped the financial rewards Jez has put our way for selling a few more early birds."

H

Hibbitt was King

Conspiracy theorists do make entertaining reading!

The best one for me was that the outcome of the 1985 world snooker final between Steve Davis and Dennis Taylor was fixed.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
of course its a fix, according to mr hoddle(alledgedly) its because all wolves fans are suffering for what they did in a previous life and are cursed to stay in the never never land that is a wolves supporter forever. wow these mushrooms are good!

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
wallace said:
of course its a fix, according to mr hoddle(alledgedly) its because all wolves fans are suffering for what they did in a previous life and are cursed to stay in the never never land that is a wolves supporter forever. wow these mushrooms are good!

Now that theory is one i've got time for.

Back
Top Bottom