Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Guess who

Reaction score
xxx is best known for his productivity while with Wisła Kraków of Poland, where the opportunistic forward had his greatest success as a goal-poacher. The veteran striker also has experience abroad, honing his skills while playing for clubs in the top leagues of France, Japan, Spain, England, and USA.

Certainly a more kind analysis than I'd give him! (I'm assuming it's gonna be obvious)

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The veteran striker also has experience abroad, honing his skills while playing for clubs in the top leagues of France, Japan, Spain, England, and USA.

he's never played in the top divisions/leagues of spain or england

if you fancy a trickier question: name a wolves player who HAS played at the top level here and in spain

Last edited by a moderator:

Balti Pie

Reaction score
Yeah Bjorklund is one. Think Gudjohnsen played for Betis, so I'm guessing it's him.

Jesus Garcia Sanjuan played top flight spain. but not England

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
he played for sevilla but only when they were in the 2nd division

V

VladivostokWolf

Speaking of Issac Okoronkwo I saw him when he played against Vladi in this seasons Russian championship on the opening day of the season back in March.
He looked assured and confident at the back and is probably one of the best central defenders I've seen this season, I wonder why he didnit figure more in our Premiership campaign?

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Speaking of Issac Okoronkwo I saw him when he played against Vladi in this seasons Russian championship on the opening day of the season back in March.
He looked assured and confident at the back and is probably one of the best central defenders I've seen this season, I wonder why he didnit figure more in our Premiership campaign?

The more i look back on the premiership campaign the more inept i think jones really was. Publically only essex chastised him more than me under my previous moniker peckhamwolf but i think he got off lightly, but for camara and cort clicking and alex rae having an inspired half season we could easily have been derby last season. However bad he thought okoronkwo was he should never have publically laughed at him when he needed to rely on him later. The following season he risked lescotts career bringing him straight back into the first team with minimal match practise after a year out of the game just to save his job. Yes it's water under the bridge and yes he got us to the premiership but imo he is still a manager i can do little other than loathe.

JAIRDUCOCHET

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Spoke to Dave Jones last year when Cardiff played Chasetown in cup, I asked him where Isaac Ororonko was, he replied ' probably laying bricks somewhere ' he obviously did not rate him.

D

Dewsburywolf

Didn't Okoronko play in the Champions League for one of the Eastern Bloc teams last season/season before?

Deutsch Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't Okoronko play in the Champions League for one of the Eastern Bloc teams last season/season before?

He'd played in the CL for Shakhtar Donetsk before he signed for us. Not since, to the best of my memory.

D

Dewsburywolf

He'd played in the CL for Shakhtar Donetsk before he signed for us. Not since, to the best of my memory.

I knew about that one but thought I'd seen his name mentioned last season. Maybe I'll Google him :eek: after tea.

Deutsch Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll save you the time: he's played for Alania Vladikavkaz and FC Moskva since leaving Wolves, neither of those have been in the Champions League.

trybalwolf

Reaction score
I'll save you the time: he's played for Alania Vladikavkaz and FC Moskva since leaving Wolves, neither of those have been in the Champions League.

dunno why he got so much stick - when i saw him against Everton at the Mol he looked very comfortable and played Rooney very well :confused:

Deutsch Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He made the same errors as Jody Craddock, but had the pace to recover most of the time.

It was idiocy to expect a Nigerian who'd been playing in the Ukraine to settle into Premiership football and an English lifestyle with no problems. But then, Dave Jones was in charge, so it should come as no surprise.

J

jrwolves

headed the ball further than I have ever seen away at man city

Looked a decent player

V

VladivostokWolf

He is currently playing for FC Moscow or Футбольный клуб Москва as it is over here!!!!
They are competing in the UEFA cup this season after finishing 4th in the league last year, but lost 2-1 against Copenhagen in the first leg last night.

Back
Top Bottom