Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ground-share...

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It'd be Villa Park for me but they wouldn't take us in.

Ricoh and MK too far.

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Where’s the option for Wembley? Or how about the millennium stadium in Cardiff - good ground, city centre with plenty of pubs .... oh just like we’ve got!

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must learn to read

W

WasStefan

Chose Alexandre stadium for ****s and giggles just to show this thread the utter contempt it deserves

BanburyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Who jazzed on your Cheerios this morning, guys?

The man isn't suggesting we change the club crest from a wolf to a lion, or be modified to feature a year 3 level drawing of the world (seriously, f'n state of that! That supposed to be the British Isles? Jesus wept!), or that we should play in blue and white stripes...

download.jpeg

For those dead against playing somewhere else for a year: why?

Of course it's going to be crap being away, but if it meant progress for the club in the long term surely it's worth discussing on this discussion board? We might even pick up some new fans in Aston with our sexy football.

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Get Albion to relocate to the Alexander Stadium so they can have their entire ground in Birmingham and claim Villa is their real derby. Rip out all the seats at the Hawthorns and the Astle gates and replace them with terracing at the ends and gold seats from Molineux in the sides. This should increase the capacity to cope with our larger fan base. Spend 12 months there while a spanking new stadium is built on the site of Molineux and then bulldoze the Hawthorns and cover it in concrete forever.

Tefal

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beat me to it Pagey. I was going to suggest the Baku Olympic Stadium....
Then at least I could see the home games.
If 92 have voted, there are a lot of extremely bored or sad people on here.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It'd be Villa Park for me but they wouldn't take us in.

Ricoh and MK too far.

They might seriously consider it if they end up spending any time in the chump in next couple of years. Could be the only way they stay out of trouble.

So on second thoughts, no ta to Vile Park :rolleyes:

S

ShropshireLad

Beat me to it Pagey. I was going to suggest the Baku Olympic Stadium....
Then at least I could see the home games.
If 92 have voted, there are a lot of extremely bored or sad people on here.
I’m ill and have bugger all else to do! :)

D

Deleted member 4023

Footballers have a few days off but posters on here can't. Not content with worrying about transfers that may or may not happen, we now have a poll on a potential groundshare?? - This after development plans have been put on hold by Fosun.
Next someone on here will be telling me that we're a bigger club than AC Milan........oh wait its already been discussed :rolleyes:

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa.

If Wolves couldn't fill that for every game when settled in the top four and playing Champions League football then there's no need for a 50,000 stadium in the first place. I expect Wolves to be top four next season and playing CL football 2021-22.

The summer transfer window is going to be immense, which is why I am not bothered about this January.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
By relocating I understand them to committing to our current site. It doesn’t mean that they rule ground-sharing out.

Agreed. There are two red lines the club appear to have drawn.

- They won't relocate.
-They don't want to reduce capacity.

These two commitments are not both compatible with the long term goal of Wolves having a 40-50-whatever-thousand capacity stadium. To stick to one means breaking the other. At some point, to stay at Molineux, the club need to either accept a short term reduction in capacity, or a temporary relocation. The latter being either to an existing stadium, or to an U23 site they're already also looking for.

So I think the OP and the poll is a conversation well worth having.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If I was evil...which I don't think I am...I would say that, since Bonser owns Bescott stadium and wants to sell it, Wolves buy it. Spend a year redeveloping it (the two stands nearest the motorway could have very lucrative billboards built onto them) to match our current capacity. Then move there for two years while the Mol is completely rebuilt. Then afterwards use Bescott for u23 and Women's games....and maybe allow Walsall to play there of they're nice ;)

But I'm not evil, so I'm not suggesting that as a serious proposal. Of the available options in the poll, the Alexander Stadium makes the most sense and -crucially- would be more likely to be okay with the police.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun won't spend on bricks!

S

ShropshireLad

Agreed. There are two red lines the club appear to have drawn.

- They won't relocate.
-They don't want to reduce capacity.

These two commitments are not both compatible with the long term goal of Wolves having a 40-50-whatever-thousand capacity stadium. To stick to one means breaking the other. At some point, to stay at Molineux, the club need to either accept a short term reduction in capacity, or a temporary relocation. The latter being either to an existing stadium, or to an U23 site they're already also looking for.

So I think the OP and the poll is a conversation well worth having.
Cheers Jay. A poll gives an opportunity for posters to express an opinion, sometimes with a vote without necessarily having to write a post. It’s quick, easy and informative to see the range of possibilities and outcomes.
It appears that some posters want to censor opinion by deriding the opportunity of others to express an opinion about the subject in question.
Karl Popper wrote a book entitled The Open Society and its Enemies. I bet he never dreamt that he’d be referred to on a fan forum...not that they existed in his day.;)

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the Alexander Stadium would suit us. Don't know about the infrastructure, but should be fine as it will be ready for the Commonwealth games in 2 years and I know its the home of UK athletics, but we could still train at Compton, barely 30 mins away.

S

ShropshireLad

Thanks guys and gals; 156 votes so far makes it a reasonable sample but more would be appreciated if others would join in.
Everyone has to draw their own conclusions from this and I admit that one issue which lets it down is the number of choices to make a selection from. I imagine that quite a few would choose a venue which is convenient for them to get to and from which is understandable but which in turn spreads the vote, as it were.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Albion... no
Blues... bedlam every week
Walsall... too small, expanding it is an even more stupid suggestion than Asda
Stoke... too far, trouble every week too

Realistically that leaves Villa, Coventry or the Alexander Stadium

I’d probably prefer Coventry over Villa, it’s a bit more difficult to get to, but not too far by car and would seriously wind up Cov fans, which would be a nice bonus.

Too much history between Villa to want to play there, which possibly makes Alexander Stadium a goer with no rivalry. Playing in an athletics stadium would be dire though, even if just temporarily. It won’t even have the facilities of West Ham, it’ll be the Withdean on steroids.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A ground share, whilst unpopular is the most sensible option for me when it comes to redeveloping Molineux. Id rather see us use the commonwealth games stadium rather than a rivals stadium personally.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Obviously it's all a silly idea, but have any of the people who thing the Alexander Stadium is a good idea ever actually been there?
No doubt they have clever plans for the Games, but current access is ridiculous.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t we just go on tour (we are the Wanderers after all).

19 games, 19 grounds, take your pick...

Egga

Groupie
Reaction score
Just play all the games away but give us the home ends

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not keen on relocation at all but I've voted for Alexander Stadium as the best of a bad bunch. Wouldn't want Villa or Albion or Blues. Wouldn't want to share the Ricoh with a rugby team. Can imagine what the playing surface would be like.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brondby Stadium would be nice.
2 miles from my house and you can all learn the some of the local fan traditions, such as the throwing of dead rats on to the field.

Back
Top Bottom