Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Great FORGOTTEN Wolves goals

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I love these everyone, keep them coming!

#threadoftheyearevenifIdosaysomyself

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Afobe, Bolton away, title game. Utterly ridiculous touch.
Oh God you've depressed me now. I only remembered the Coady pen. Douglas, Afobe, Jota, Coady. How is it that I feel that team might beat the one we have now!

Rusty Staples

Groupie
Reaction score
not sure where you find this stuff but its brilliant and many thanks,

A goal i always remember was the Doog at QPR, Loftus Road is a very small pitch, Phil Parks kicks the ball out, The Doog gets it on his foot without bouncing, with his back to the goal just outside the goal area. flips the ball over his head and turns and on the volley puts it in to score.

not sure of the year and wonder if it can be found,
Scored a simpler one on his home debut v Hull the third of his three a goal that is fondly recalled today by fans of a certain age.

Rusty Staples

Groupie
Reaction score
Waggy’s goal in the 5 - 1 against Arsenal has been mentioned. Another Waggy goal vs Chelsea at Molineux when the Shed End invaded the North Bank. I think we lost 2 - 3.

Kevin Doyle scored a cracker in the televised 3 - 1 wil at Upton Park.

Derek Dougan with a very low diving header in amongst the flying boots vs Coventry at Highfield Rd. Doog and the ball ended up in the net with “iron man” George Curtis landing on him just too late to stop the goal.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
David Wagstaffe against Chelsea in a 3-0 home win in December 1969.
Hugh Curran bagged the other two.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
George Ndah at Preston (if it hasn't already been voiced) during the early 2000's.
Superb run from his own half and converted it in front of us (or was it at the other end??).

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Waggy’s goal in the 5 - 1 against Arsenal has been mentioned. Another Waggy goal vs Chelsea at Molineux when the Shed End invaded the North Bank. I think we lost 2 - 3.

Kevin Doyle scored a cracker in the televised 3 - 1 wil at Upton Park.

Derek Dougan with a very low diving header in amongst the flying boots vs Coventry at Highfield Rd. Doog and the ball ended up in the net with “iron man” George Curtis landing on him just too late to stop the goal.
Doyle's goal at Upton Park wasn't the best of the night. He swooped on a bad bit of control by the centre back and ran on scored a 1 on 1.
Two crackers in the second half though. Zubar's was similar to the famous Carlos Alberton strike in the 1970 WC Final and Jarvis scored a lovely goal as well following a beauty of a pass from Dave Jones?

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Frankowski's winner in the five a side game at training.
Still talked about by the passer by and his dog.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice find, but I think it was this one, at 1:52.
It was vs Stoke, and the irony was that there was a story a few weeks later than we had been playing with the goalframes not deep enough into the ground so they were higher than they should have been. Dennison's goal was shown as one that probably wouldn't have gone in normally.

blackbullyV2

Reaction score
It was vs Stoke, and the irony was that there was a story a few weeks later than we had been playing with the goalframes not deep enough into the ground so they were higher than they should have been. Dennison's goal was shown as one that probably wouldn't have gone in normally.
Lol, awesome info mate! I looked it up, it did make it 2-0, 86th minute. I wonder how much the goalposts were out?

stoke wanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
cant remember it exactly now but john richards at home to hull march 77 north bank end,won goal of the month if i remember right but have never seen it repeated anywhere

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
cant remember it exactly now but john richards at home to hull march 77 north bank end,won goal of the month if i remember right but have never seen it repeated anywhere
That’s jogged my memory, remember it being on MOTD. Can only find the Hull goal on YouTube though :mad: .

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone mentioned Gary Bellamy’s thunder **** FK at Halifax ??

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
Don't know if it's been mentioned but one of Bully's v Leicester. It's not in a game where either himself or Walsh got sent off so often overlooked I think. He received a pass on the left hand side of the area before riding challenges across the box to the right side before unleashing an unstoppable drive into the bottom corner at the South Bank end.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dean Sturridge Vs Preston - 2002

Beautiful turn and finish
From the same season - Alex Rae away at Swansea in the league cup, at the old vetch field. Absolute rocket in the top corner!

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saiss away at Millwall on Boxing Day a few years back.

I remember Doherty scoring from about 40 yards at home to Fulham, did we draw 4-4?
3-2 v Fulham in the League in January 2016; Michel Zyro got 2 on his Molineux Debut before Doherty’s absolute rocket.

The 4-4 was December of that year, when in First Year at Uni and I think one shouted no and banged the desk whilst in the Library, when Fulham’s leveller went in! :sweatsmile:

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if mentioned here yet, but Raul Jiminez 4 years ago today v Spurs in a glorious 1-3 comeback win at Wembley!

It was a truly superb precision finish with 83 mins on the clock, that helped to end Spurs title hopes and us go into 7th place.

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i was there right behind that goal,those were the days my friends great memories
I was there as well, one of my best mates was Eddie Clamp the son of Eddie Clamp, his Dad took us and we got in free through the main entrance into the Waterloo Road stand walked past the dressings rooms as the teams were in, I noticed the handles to the doors were shiny brass for some reason that stuck with me, we went out of the tunnel and stood in that stand. Great debut by the Doog

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mel Eves and Andy Gray's goals in a 2-0 win at Molineux against the Albion in 1981. Forgotten because they were scored at the North Bank end and we could barely see them from the South Bank due to the heavy fog.
Pretty sure it was televised but not on You Tube as far as I know.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
I remember Dougie Freedman scoring with a cracking volley think it was part of a hat trick. Don't know who it was against never seen it since but was some goal.
Norwich at home maybe…was it the half volley with outside of his foot?…

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Bully home to Leicester running across the box and beating about 4 before smashing into bottom corner.

Paul Birch volley against Tranmere as already mentioned.

Paul Cook home to Watford from what looked close to the corner flag bending it into the far corner.

Anybody remember Palace at home when yes we lost 4-1 but every single goal was class!!!

Back
Top Bottom