Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Great FORGOTTEN Wolves goals

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Carl Robinson v Bradford in 1997/98.

Ruben Neves was barely a year old.

Slightly overshadowed as it was the night Stephen George Bull scored his 300th.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Carl Robinson v Bradford in 1997/98.

Ruben Neves was barely a year old.

Slightly overshadowed as it was the night Stephen George Bull scored his 300th.

What a goal.

Remember Robbie Blake scoring as well. He always plagued us.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
not sure where you find this stuff but its brilliant and many thanks,

A goal i always remember was the Doog at QPR, Loftus Road is a very small pitch, Phil Parks kicks the ball out, The Doog gets it on his foot without bouncing, with his back to the goal just outside the goal area. flips the ball over his head and turns and on the volley puts it in to score.

not sure of the year and wonder if it can be found,

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably the best team goal I've seen us score. Also remember this game as it was Adlene's first start for us - nobody knew much about him beforehand but he played brilliant that night!

I had to laugh. At about pass 5 or 6 someone had seen enough passing and was shouting “Gerrit Forward”

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
I was there, not reserve game but league cup - Bradford City IIRC. Took my non football loving wife and Man U "supporting" step son in an attempt to get him into Wolves, didn't work but he's still never been to a Man U game.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The penalty shootout again Sheffield Wednesday is a great watch. Just amazing.
The penalty taken by the SW goalkeeper (??) is about a hard a shot I've ever seen. The ball got wedged in the goal stanchion and it took (if I remember correctly) two stewards to get it out.

blackbullyV2

Reaction score
Robbie Dennison scored a belter at Molineux once. Last minute, he ran it from the halfway line and then hammered it onto the top left corner from the edge of the box. Then celebrated by collapsing onto his back, he was knackered. Made it 2-0 I think, but I can't remember the opposition.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last edited:

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
George Berry at home v Derby (4-0 win I think). Ran the length of the pitch and calmly put it in the net. I have seen a video of this (can't find it now) but only shows the last few yards of his run towards goal.

Certainly not something he ever looked likely to do again....
One of the very best....

suffolkwolf

Reaction score
Dennison in the Centenary Tounament at Wembley against Everton. As I saw him draw his boot back I said “Don’t shoot from th….” Absolute screamer made even better because it was against arguably the best keeper in the World at the time, Neville Southall.

George Berry’s was a great call and a similar one was Emlyn Hughes rounding of the 4-1 victory against Liverpool in1980/1. From memory Emlyn picked the ball up deep in his own half, advanced forward and played a one-two with a player near the half way line, got the return pass, charged forwards to the edge of the area and hit a poor shot but the Liverpool defender Irwin lost his bearings and ended up grabbing the post and the ball trickled over the line.
Glad you mentioned that Dennison goal - I remember it so very well. Brilliant

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of the two Michael Branch scored in a 4-0 win over Norwich City was a cracker. He was through on goal a long way out and rather than approach the keeper he just walloped it from distance and it flew in. Think it was Tony Dinning's debut and he played like Patrick Vieira.

And talking of Branch: in the game in which he scored that very much remembered goal, Darren Bazeley scored an absolute stunner. Completely overlooked in the midst of the Branch/Beasant shenanigans ,Akinbiyi's violent outburst, and the police threatening to arrest players on the pitch.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Osborn away at Fulham in the League Cup. Absolute belting volley.

Robbie Dennison vs Mansfield.

Someone already posted it but Bully vs Millwall is, for me, his best ever goal. Ridiculous technique. If it had have been Thierry Henry, you'd see it every year replayed.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Yeah, FA Cup replay. I think the free kick was deflected.

Lee Mills got the other goal, if memory serves correct.
Yes 7:50 on here. I think it was a rare (for the day) FA Cup TV treat. What makes me laugh is the way Robbie Dennison gets fouled for the free kick and just drags himself up. Podence would still be squealing now if someone did that to him!

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bully got a great goal away at Norwich, chipped the keeper, said he couldn’t run as he’d been at the birth of his kid til the early hours and was knackered!

hankin

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Tom Bennett against Charlton, away in a night match at a pretty empty Upton Park. As I recall it, he ran along the byline and from an acute angle hit it into the roof of the net.

Sephiroth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure Walters scored a beauty away at Pompey?

James Henry away at Orient in the 3-1 win was lovely too.

jeb01

Reaction score
Waggy’s goal in the 5 - 1 against Arsenal has been mentioned. Another Waggy goal vs Chelsea at Molineux when the Shed End invaded the North Bank. I think we lost 2 - 3.

Kevin Doyle scored a cracker in the televised 3 - 1 wil at Upton Park.

Derek Dougan with a very low diving header in amongst the flying boots vs Coventry at Highfield Rd. Doog and the ball ended up in the net with “iron man” George Curtis landing on him just too late to stop the goal.

Back
Top Bottom