Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Great FORGOTTEN Wolves goals

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I swear Doyle scored a worldie once away at Bristol City. Then I found the goals from that match:
and yeah, it's a great goal!

Also Fernando Gomes at Molineux versus Stockport. Never seen that one.

Any other belters or goals that you randomly remember that have somehow escaped the collective memory? Did they even happen? How much Stella did you have?

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
George Berry at home v Derby (4-0 win I think). Ran the length of the pitch and calmly put it in the net. I have seen a video of this (can't find it now) but only shows the last few yards of his run towards goal.

Certainly not something he ever looked likely to do again....

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
George Berry at home v Derby (4-0 win I think). Ran the length of the pitch and calmly put it in the net. I have seen a video of this (can't find it now) but only shows the last few yards of his run towards goal.

Certainly not something he ever looked likely to do again....

Found it

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
New Years Day, I think either '93 or '94. We were playing Peterborough away and I think there were more Wolves fans than Posh fans there. It was heading for a goalless draw when Cyrille Regis scored the winner in the last couple of minutes. It wasn't a great goal, but I remember it becauseI think it was Cyrilles first goal for Wolves, and despite his association with the Albion, Cyrille was popular with Wolves fans. Though to be fair, he was popular everywhere. Cyrille was not only a good player, but a lovely person as well.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Saiss away at Millwall on Boxing Day a few years back.

I remember Doherty scoring from about 40 yards at home to Fulham, did we draw 4-4?

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kennedy vs Stockport is the yardstick i use to measure any wolves long range strike.

James Henry away at Bolton was a belter too.
Yeah came here to say Kennedy at Stockport.

Does it exist anywhere? One of the sweetest strikes of a ball I’ve ever seen. What a left peg he had!

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Easter 1967, Wolves v Huddersfield Town. Peter Knowles with a (diving ?) header. No footage of it AFAIK.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rob Edwards own goal (think it was against Hull, well for Hull)

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
Danny Crainie, Christmas 1983 v Everton at home. Floated a free kick over the wall at South Bank end. Southall never moved. Everyone remembers his goals at Albion but this one never seems to get a mention.
i remember seeing the team sheet for this and thought we have no chance,did`nt we win 3-0?what did i know

Death Owl

Reaction score
Steve Kindon away at West Ham in the early 70's . From memory he ran from the half way line and once he got going there was no stopping him.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Simon Osborn scored a beautiful chipped goal in a late season nothing of a game against Portsmouth I think?

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dennison in the Centenary Tounament at Wembley against Everton. As I saw him draw his boot back I said “Don’t shoot from th….” Absolute screamer made even better because it was against arguably the best keeper in the World at the time, Neville Southall.

George Berry’s was a great call and a similar one was Emlyn Hughes rounding of the 4-1 victory against Liverpool in1980/1. From memory Emlyn picked the ball up deep in his own half, advanced forward and played a one-two with a player near the half way line, got the return pass, charged forwards to the edge of the area and hit a poor shot but the Liverpool defender Irwin lost his bearings and ended up grabbing the post and the ball trickled over the line.

MIKE SLATER

Groupie
Reaction score
Seoul v Crystal Palace. The finish was simple but it was preceded by some brilliant passing that involved several Wolves' players.

Lupus ad Penn

Groupie
Reaction score
One of John Richards first hat trick goals against Everton in about 1972. He had his back to the south bank goal on the corner of the penalty area ,just turned and curled it into the top corner. Gordon West couldn’t get near it. Sadly nothing on film.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bully vs Millwall on December 26th, 1995.
My very first trip to Molineux and he scored a beauty.
Flipped the ball over his head, then volleyed it in. Luckily I'd the chance to meet him the next day and congratulate him on it. "Not bad, wasn't?" he replied.
It can be seen at 1.03.12 into this:

R

reanswolf

Guedioura v Millwall I think, now that was a blockbuster. The last goal of 5 below.

Bully away at Tranmere too.

Last edited by a moderator:

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bully vs Millwall on December 26th, 1995.
My very first trip to Molineux and he scored a beauty.
Flipped the ball over his head, then volleyed it in. Luckily I'd the chance to meet him the next day and congratulate him on it. "Not bad, wasn't?" he replied.
I was there - it was b****y freezing !

Back
Top Bottom