Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Graham Potter

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My colours to the mast and it has to be him.

Local and a high potential manager (still) who is not looking for a quick payday. English so wil be settled and ready to fight and show some passion.

Potter in. O’Neill can **** right off.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
hard to say with Potter, seemingly did well at Brighton, however they went up another level after he left. So was it him laying the foundations, or are Brighton just really well ran? Can't judge him on Chelsea either, because they were just chucking money around and buying players without a plan, and I don't think he had any say. I'd rather him than O'Neil tho!

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Local and a high potential manager (still) who is not looking for a quick payday. English so wil be settled and ready to fight and show some passion.

Potter why would he want to come to a toxic club with zilch money to spend ?

Plus he’s living nicely off his Chelsea payoff

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Snowball in hell's chance. Potter spent £280m in seven months at Chelsea, no way does he agree to come to Wolves with both arms tied behind his back.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So soon after he was tinned and paid off I would think a certainty he has some non compete language in his agreement with Chelsea that would mean he can’t manage anyone else in the prem for a period of time.

Edit: O’Neil probably doesn’t have that language as Bournemouth thought no ****er would want him and those that do probably enhance Bournemouths chances of staying up :0

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Potter isn’t coming, no way he’d touch this bat **** club with a barge pole.

More chance of Nuno returning, and he’s not coming to the rescue either.

It will be O’Neil or a random Portuguese guy we’ve not heard of. I’d previously thought we’d be cursed with Jesse Marsch but I don’t think the Chinese would appoint a yank.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree 100%.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a hope in hell of Potter coming here. He will be waiting for a better opportunity as the season progresses

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Snowball in hell's chance. Potter spent £280m in seven months at Chelsea, no way does he agree to come to Wolves with both arms tied behind his back.
After Chelsea, a Premier League team with a decent squad ought to appeal. He won’t be appointed by another big 6 club so we could look like a decent option.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
hard to say with Potter, seemingly did well at Brighton, however they went up another level after he left. So was it him laying the foundations, or are Brighton just really well ran? Can't judge him on Chelsea either, because they were just chucking money around and buying players without a plan, and I don't think he had any say. I'd rather him than O'Neil tho!

De Zerbi is one of the best coaches in Europe. Potter had Chelsea 9th on expected points but only 3 points worse on that metric over his 22 games than United, and the same as Liverpool. Basketcase club; remember he overachieved for years at Brighton before he left.

Brian Law’s buses

Reaction score
Potter is not an top level manager and it was never going to work at Chelsea; he does however need to rebuild his reputation and why not at a team like Wolves, who are on par in size to Brighton. It was Potters foundations at Brighton that put them in the position they are now. He tends to play decent football, however not high scoring( but we are use to that)

D

Deleted member (smith)

His performance at Chelsea with their financial strength does not inspire confidence. Brighton haven’t missed him either.

Reaction score
I worked with his dad, Steve(rip) so have always paid attention to his career and since entering management I think he has done exceptionally well.
He laid the groundwork for Brighton to have such a successfull time last season De Zerbi was fortunate to inherit such a talented organised squad. Lets not forget Potter was poached by Chelsea and not sacked by Brighton .

Chelsea was a car crash of a club and Potter was a victim of it's chaos.

binners

Reaction score
Did he spend it? Thought that was Boehly and Potter had to get on with it being told to play them

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People saying Potter managed Chelsea so he won't come to Wolves, yet don't mention he was a resounding failure there. His stock is down now. His next move won't be to a top-six club. His best bet is a midtable Premier League club. Unless he's holding out for the West Ham job, is he getting many better offers than us?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Potter is not an top level manager and it was never going to work at Chelsea; he does however need to rebuild his reputation and why not at a team like Wolves, who are on par in size to Brighton. It was Potters foundations at Brighton that put them in the position they are now. He tends to play decent football, however not high scoring( but we are use to that)
Because there's zero money to spend, meaning he won't be able to shape the squad how he wants it.

Hence why we're ending up with O'Neill, nobody else would want it.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure Potter had too much say in those vanity signings.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would want him, also has a point to prove which I like

Problem is - any manager of any high calibre - why would they want to come and work under fosun? Seriously, why?

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
wouldn’t be my first choice but he did do well captaining the quidditch team - so better than nobody.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trying to convince Potter to join isn't even the hard part, Wolves are just not in a position to afford Potter's pay demands for him and his staff (especially after JL's pay-off).

There's a reason O'Neil is our preferred candidate - he's cheap.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am the only Potter who can get you out of this mess with my magic aided by my wise old owl.
You tried Merlin now try me.

1691506158772.jpeg

Kennedy

Reaction score
I would be happy with Potter, I would have taken Rodgers all day too.

T

TheConcourse

An actual coach who was sold up the river by a chaotic Chelsea set up.

He would be a good fit for us.

Whilst his teams don’t score many goals, they try to play attacking football.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
The club have ruined their reputation.

Potter is the outstanding candidate however if I were him I wouldn’t want want to work with Fosun.

Back
Top Bottom