Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Graham Potter anyone?

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
How did you come to that conclusion from what I said? Please enlighten me
You” pointless thread. So do we just bury our heads in the sand. Or talk about it. Looks like you just want to shut down a question

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You” pointless thread. So do we just bury our heads in the sand. Or talk about it. Looks like you just want to shut down a question
I “shut it down” because it’s clearly not going to happen. Most would probably want Potter but we’re not going to sack O’Neil and appoint him when we didn’t appoint him when we had the vacancy.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After calming down a bit I think we've got to give O'Neil at least 10 - 15 games to see if he can get the team playing cohesive football. If we're still all over the place after 15 games then Hobbs needs to be given some of that left over Nunes money to bring in a decent manager and backroom staff.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not going to happen for 10 games. Close thread and then we consider again.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After calming down a bit I think we've got to give O'Neil at least 10 - 15 games to see if he can get the team playing cohesive football. If we're still all over the place after 15 games then Hobbs needs to be given some of that left over Nunes money to bring in a decent manager and backroom staff.
By between a third and half of the season we could easily be dead and buried.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Potter leaves Brighton for Chelsea as the medias new love child. Supposedly brilliant and Brighton bring in a relative unknown who makes Potters Brighton look bloody good.

Potters teams are awful to watch and with his Chelsea experience I fear he's forgotten how to win.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Potter leaves Brighton for Chelsea as the medias new love child. Supposedly brilliant and Brighton bring in a relative unknown who makes Potters Brighton look bloody good.

Potters teams are awful to watch and with his Chelsea experience I fear he's forgotten how to win.
And he’d still be a upgrade on GON

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can only see us upgrading our manager when we upgrade on our ownership.

It’s wishful thinking that GON is temporary/a stop-gap, why give a three year deal if that was the case.

We’re at best treading water.
Hopefully his contract has a break clause for achievement etc.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Short of losing just about every match between now and Christmas, probably not even then, there's no way O'Neil is going anywhere. The club gave him a three year contract, they've chosen their hill to die on. And he only has one job, not get relegated; that's all Fosun want as they navigate current waters until they can sell, and they'll be reassuring themselves everything's fine until a point comes where it mathematically isn't. This is where we are.

And obviously O'Neil would never rock the boat as Lopetegui or Nuno or even Lage did. He's like a character from a Tales Of The Unexpected short story, a down on his luck bloke who saves a billionaire from drowning in a lake and suddenly finds himself rich beyond his wildest dreams as a reward. There is no way in seven hells he should be coaching at this club, but because of bizarre circumstances, and because a concrete cork has been hammered into the finances, he is. Again, this is where we are.

We won't be appointing Potter or Allardyce or anyone else. If we find ourselves four points off safety on 25th December, we're probably screwed, because Santa won't be delivering a truculent Spaniard down the chimney this year. It's O'Neil all the way.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a chance he comes to work for these clowns.
And this is the crux of the issue, there's a reason we ended up with an unambitious appointment like GON.....because nobody with a decent rep would want such a job.

FOSUN are finished as serious PL owners, the sooner they sell up and **** off, the better for us.

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
Short of losing just about every match between now and Christmas, probably not even then, there's no way O'Neil is going anywhere. The club gave him a three year contract, they've chosen their hill to die on. And he only has one job, not get relegated; that's all Fosun want as they navigate current waters until they can sell, and they'll be reassuring themselves everything's fine until a point comes where it mathematically isn't. This is where we are.

And obviously O'Neil would never rock the boat as Lopetegui or Nuno or even Lage did. He's like a character from a Tales Of The Unexpected short story, a down on his luck bloke who saves a billionaire from drowning in a lake and suddenly finds himself rich beyond his wildest dreams as a reward. There is no way in seven hells he should be coaching at this club, but because of bizarre circumstances, and because a concrete cork has been hammered into the finances, he is. Again, this is where we are.

We won't be appointing Potter or Allardyce or anyone else. If we find ourselves four points off safety on 25th December, we're probably screwed, because Santa won't be delivering a truculent Spaniard down the chimney this year. It's O'Neil all the way.
“Tales from the unexpected”

Superb analogy Sir!!

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd have taken Potter over Lopetegui, but his next job will be Villa/Newcastle/Rangers. Or Brighton again if De Zerbi goes somewhere bigger.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Great post. Spot on sadly

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he came I agree. But I doubt he would. By some accounts our name 'inside' football is not very good.
No way?! Why would that be? After selling loads of players, ****ing off a proper manager, appointing a chancer and with no money to spend. Not forgetting the autocratic gnome who runs the show. What could possibly put people off? Lol

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The depressing truth, unfortunately.

Relegation is inevitable under FOSUN now, the question is when.

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
I “shut it down” because it’s clearly not going to happen. Most would probably want Potter but we’re not going to sack O’Neil and appoint him when we didn’t appoint him when we had the vacancy.
So we’re languishing around the bottom at Christmas. What do we do. Keep him = suicide.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way?! Why would that be? After selling loads of players, ****ing off a proper manager, appointing a chancer and with no money to spend. Not forgetting the autocratic gnome who runs the show. What could possibly put people off? Lol
It's a conundrum isn't it? I keep scratching my head in wonderment too. :oops:

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were saved last season because our owners managed to lie to Lopetegui to convince him to come, we wont be able to use that little trick again sadly. We are completely and utterly ****ed.
Unfortunately I think you're right. I just cant see a way out this time. The team and coach are weaker, spending has virtually dried up, fosun have lost interest and we havent got a JL to help us grind out results. A takeover might give us a glimmer of hope but only if it happens soon

Back
Top Bottom