Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Good riddance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gromit

Reaction score
Pity - it would have been fun booing him for 90 minutes next season a la Danny Mills.
South Bank would have had a field day.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never have believed that he set out to deliberately hurt Raul. There was every chance he could have been just as badly injured. That aside, he is past his best and not really good enough for the premier league. He does have a magnificent head of hair though... :laughing:

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I never have believed that he set out to deliberately hurt Raul. There was every chance he could have been just as badly injured. That aside, he is past his best and not really good enough for the premier league. He does have a magnificent head of hair though... :laughing:
I never understand the intent argument, I don't believe that any footballer sets out to deliberately injure another (unless their name is Roy Keane) but it is really not relevant at all, intent is not the issue but if you ask me whether Luiz' actions were reckless, irresponsible and not in the spirit of the game the definitely the answer is yes absolutely. In the terms you state then no Luiz did not set out to deliberately hurt Raul, I think that is not even a question that needs raising to be honest but if the question is regarding his attitude to the safety and well-being of his fellow professionals that he is absolutely at fault and he is a complete liability in that regard. Its my personal view that legal action would not have been inappropriate in this case, others may think that is extreme but I think there has to be a question about his behaviour and personally I am amazed that he got away so lightly with it both in terms of any action against him on the field at the time and in the media/pundit world as well. There wasn't even a foul given against him but just the nature of the injuries to me says it all. Raul's skull was fractured in the right side, Luiz was treated for an impact to the forehead which in my view tells you all you need to know - Raul was committed to a ball that was his and Luiz should have been able to judge that he had no right to challenge for it and pulled out of any challenge he was about to make. Looking at the footage I believe that he was able to do that had he so chosen but he didn't. He went ahead with a challenge that he had no right to make. I drive a truck for a living and I can't tell you the number of motorists who try to push in front of me when it's perfectly clear and obvious to anyone that they shouldn't as the driving line is mine and they need to back out but they go on anyway and I end up backing out just to avoid an accident in which they would most likely die or suffer terrible injuries and to me that's the same as with Raul - the ball was clearly his and Luiz had no right to go in for it as he did.

In my view the general reaction of the football world also tells you a lot in that when the incident occurred nobody was surprised that it was David Luiz. There are many defenders who would have been a lot less likely to have been involved in such an incident but as it was Luiz it was just accepted as somehow being a part of his game, if it was Virgil Van Dijk or someone there would have been a lot more inquest into it but as it was Luiz it seems that everyone just seemed to let it go as being well, that's just the sort of player he is.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never understand the intent argument, I don't believe that any footballer sets out to deliberately injure another (unless their name is Roy Keane) but it is really not relevant at all, intent is not the issue but if you ask me whether Luiz' actions were reckless, irresponsible and not in the spirit of the game the definitely the answer is yes absolutely. In the terms you state then no Luiz did not set out to deliberately hurt Raul, I think that is not even a question that needs raising to be honest but if the question is regarding his attitude to the safety and well-being of his fellow professionals that he is absolutely at fault and he is a complete liability in that regard. Its my personal view that legal action would not have been inappropriate in this case, others may think that is extreme but I think there has to be a question about his behaviour and personally I am amazed that he got away so lightly with it both in terms of any action against him on the field at the time and in the media/pundit world as well. There wasn't even a foul given against him but just the nature of the injuries to me says it all. Raul's skull was fractured in the right side, Luiz was treated for an impact to the forehead which in my view tells you all you need to know - Raul was committed to a ball that was his and Luiz should have been able to judge that he had no right to challenge for it and pulled out of any challenge he was about to make. Looking at the footage I believe that he was able to do that had he so chosen but he didn't. He went ahead with a challenge that he had no right to make. I drive a truck for a living and I can't tell you the number of motorists who try to push in front of me when it's perfectly clear and obvious to anyone that they shouldn't as the driving line is mine and they need to back out but they go on anyway and I end up backing out just to avoid an accident in which they would most likely die or suffer terrible injuries and to me that's the same as with Raul - the ball was clearly his and Luiz had no right to go in for it as he did.

In my view the general reaction of the football world also tells you a lot in that when the incident occurred nobody was surprised that it was David Luiz. There are many defenders who would have been a lot less likely to have been involved in such an incident but as it was Luiz it was just accepted as somehow being a part of his game, if it was Virgil Van Dijk or someone there would have been a lot more inquest into it but as it was Luiz it seems that everyone just seemed to let it go as being well, that's just the sort of player he is.
Utter, utter nonsense.

Reactions: Ian

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I firmly believe that we would be around 7th again if he hadn't wiped out Jimmy for the rest of our season. Should have been sent off for that attack. I'm with Sussex, he's a thug and won't be missed.
**** me!!! It wasn't an attack!! Anyone who thinks it was anything other than a very nasty accident is a ****ing idiot

KildareWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
**** me!!! It wasn't an attack!! Anyone who thinks it was anything other than a very nasty accident is a ****ing idiot
Have to agree nobody is gonna put there own head on the line could of easily been Luiz badly hurt (think he missed the next 4/5games)! Just a nasty accident that unfortunately Raul got badly hurt in

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It was reckless at best. And I'm not an idiot despite your comment.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thankfully Luiz made (partial) amends in the home game and got our season back on track.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This argument again, it wasn't intentional, but it was reckless, a typical Luiz heads gone moment and I agree with the comment above that if someone went in with that force using their feet they would have been sent off, I've never seen anyone attack a ball with the speed and force he used that day

D

Deleted member 8123

Catastrophic centre half ; probably better as a deep lying midfield player.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It wasn’t the first such “accident” of this type that he had as even the commentators at the time admitted. He should have learned from that but he didn’t, or chose not to. Either way, he’s a thug who won’t be missed.

D

Deleted member 11332

Blokes an absolute ****end. Majorly disappointed not one of our players tried to leave one on him properly in that game aswell.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

the other year Son broke Andre Gomes leg with a reckless challenge, the poor guy was inconsolable as he left the field because he never wanted to break Gomes leg

but he was punished for his reckless challenge, he endangered another player.

if we only judged people by intent the world would be a very different place

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the other year Son broke Andre Gomes leg with a reckless challenge, the poor guy was inconsolable as he left the field because he never wanted to break Gomes leg

but he was punished for his reckless challenge, he endangered another player.

if we only judged people by intent the world would be a very different place
His red card was rescinded so he wasn’t punished.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Jimenez incident was an accident. It happens! Unfortunately in the modern era a lot of people have to find someone at fault. As for Luiz, he's had some fine matches as well as some shockers. I think he's past his best and I'm not going to miss him in the Prem, particularly.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
We've done all this before, but I still don't get the argument. If I drive round the ring road at 90mph and smash into someone, nobody is going to say "it was just an accident, he didn't mean to hurt anyone". He was reckless, went into the challenge with excessive force and was very late. That's a red all day long.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blokes an absolute ****end. Majorly disappointed not one of our players tried to leave one on him properly in that game aswell.
I always fancied saiss to be our enforcer but he's soft. We don't have any player tough enough to be an enforcer. We needed a nemanja vidic type player that day.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It wasn’t the first such “accident” of this type that he had as even the commentators at the time admitted. He should have learned from that but he didn’t, or chose not to. Either way, he’s a thug who won’t be missed.
It wasn't intentional... Simple as that. We saw intentional **** with Muscat and supported that ****....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom