Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

GON on talk sport this morning

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Team has to cope in different situations. Don't just want to be a counter attacking team"

"I'll share my view of what's required so the boys can make good decisions"

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every player always has a selling price.
Villa sold Grealish. Spurs sold Kane.

Which shows every player has their price - and importantly, every player has their own ambitions too.

In both cases it appears that the clubs benefitted from the sales by selling their best players because:-

1) They got excellent prices for the sales

2) They reinvested the proceeds into the playing squad.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another good interview with Gary. We’ve heard enough of them now to know much of what he will say, but I think he still does great in interviews. A sign that he’s a cut above many is that when asked multiple questions, he doesn’t forget to answer all parts, even if answering one part is fairly complex. Beyond that, his answers are credible and make sense, which is more than can be said for many coaches.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every player always has a selling price.
Apparently, Mbappe doesn’t.

He’s the highest costing free transfer player in history when he goes to Real Madrid at the end of the season.

End of his contract ant PSG and receiving over £100million signing on fee if reports are to be believed.

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently, Mbappe doesn’t.

He’s the highest costing free transfer player in history when he goes to Real Madrid at the end of the season.

End of his contract ant PSG and receiving over £100million signing on fee if reports are to be believed.
All free agents are the same. He would have had a selling price if PSG could have sold him (obviously!)

Mbappe appears to let his contract expire so he can get a mahoosive signing on fee instead of just a huge one.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Another good interview with Gary. We’ve heard enough of them now to know much of what he will say, but I think he still does great in interviews. A sign that he’s a cut above many is that when asked multiple questions, he doesn’t forget to answer all parts, even if answering one part is fairly complex. Beyond that, his answers are credible and make sense, which is more than can be said for many coaches.
Next season will be interesting for sure. Expectations will be higher he (fingers crossed) will have some backing and a full preseason too

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All free agents are the same. He would have had a selling price if PSG could have sold him (obviously!)

Mbappe appears to let his contract expire so he can get a mahoosive signing on fee instead of just a huge one.

Mbappe made it no secret he wasn’t signing! He gave them a chance to sell him on a few occasions and if rumours are to be believed his agents even had a deal lined up and all that was needed was for PSG to accept it! They didn’t.

The fact he is leaving for free is way more at the door of PSG than on Mbappe for waiting it out for more money which he is well within his rights to do.

WolvesinBrum

Groupie
Reaction score
Next season will be interesting for sure. Expectations will be higher he (fingers crossed) will have some backing and a full preseason too
It's a different Wolves world now but if Lage, after a nowhere near as promising season, was backed to the extent of the cost of Collins, Guedes, Sasa and Nunes, they'd be no sense or justice in not giving Gary backing with Pedro being sold plus a bit more.

Reaction score
I think they will back GON in the transfer market in the summer but don't expect a return to the days of the big transfer fees we saw for the likes of Nunes and Guedes. It's more likely to be a collaborative approach between GON, Matt Hobbs and the rest of the recruitment team

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mbappe made it no secret he wasn’t signing! He gave them a chance to sell him on a few occasions and if rumours are to be believed his agents even had a deal lined up and all that was needed was for PSG to accept it! They didn’t.

The fact he is leaving for free is way more at the door of PSG than on Mbappe for waiting it out for more money which he is well within his rights to do.
And, to be fair, why shouldn’t a player leave on a free? They’re not cattle.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think they will back GON in the transfer market in the summer but don't expect a return to the days of the big transfer fees we saw for the likes of Nunes and Guedes. It's more likely to be a collaborative approach between GON, Matt Hobbs and the rest of the recruitment team
Now I was once told not to worry about making mistakes,that’s when you learn the most
Jeff’s biggest mistakes were Fabio and Sellers God has he learned from them
Hobbs and O’Neil a team that know what they are doing so I have faith
Reckon Jeff will have learned a very valuable lesson

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
"No-one leaving if it doesn't suit us"

"No need to sell this summer, we're in a better position"

Indicated that everyone has their price though ...
To be honest I'd find that more reassuring if I thought he had any control or influence over sales. He clearly didn't know (so hadn't been honestly told) the situation going into the last transfer window.

The business model now says Neto goes for a big profit this Summer. To be fair we shouldn't moan about it, because that is exactly how we were told it was going to work from the day Fosun took over.

Ebbo

Reaction score
To be honest I'd find that more reassuring if I thought he had any control or influence over sales. He clearly didn't know (so hadn't been honestly told) the situation going into the last transfer window.

The business model now says Neto goes for a big profit this Summer. To be fair we shouldn't moan about it, because that is exactly how we were told it was going to work from the day Fosun took over.

Thing is, it has to be the way forward for most clubs.

To be honest we probably should have cashed in on players before when they were at the height of their value. Raul, Adama, Neves are 3 examples. It’s unpopular when it happens with fans seeing it as lack of ambition.

Reality is if you do it well, buy cheap gems and sell for big profits you can build. It’s difficult to keep doing it, but Brighton are a good example of that model. Southampton were, but you have to consistently buy well. Very difficult.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a different Wolves world now but if Lage, after a nowhere near as promising season, was backed to the extent of the cost of Collins, Guedes, Sasa and Nunes, they'd be no sense or justice in not giving Gary backing with Pedro being sold plus a bit more.
I don't think 'faith in the manager' has always been directly proportional to investment though - I suspect external factors outside what happens at Molineux will dictate what we spend this summer (and every other)

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is, it has to be the way forward for most clubs.

To be honest we probably should have cashed in on players before when they were at the height of their value. Raul, Adama, Neves are 3 examples. It’s unpopular when it happens with fans seeing it as lack of ambition.

The difficulty with that is that you never really know when a player is at the height of their value.

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I thought that PSG tried to sell him but he refused to leave - but who knows?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought that PSG tried to sell him but he refused to leave - but who knows?
He was on the verge of leaving for Madrid a couple of seasons ago but was offered a ludicrous offer to stay and it was also rumoured that Macron spoke to him personally to ask him to stay.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON needs backing...or he will be off!

(As long as his stock stays high. He is clearly very ambitious)

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably using the money we get for Neto!
Keeping Neto, and fully backing GON with fresh money to bolster the first team this summer would be great!. But probably will be sell to buy.
Evolution, not revolution for me. If we can somehow move Sasa, Fabio, Guedes and start to build a pot .. we don't NEED wholesale changes. One or two to really push the first team would be great, but our cover options means the quality often falls off a cliff.

More to come from JRB and Bouba hopefully, sign Doyle permanently and the MF is looking decent. Noha Lemina might be a revelation after working with Gary.

Forwards, forwards, forwards....

Back
Top Bottom