Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

GON interview on 5 Live

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just listened to Gary in a long interview on the Friday football show on 5 Live. Brilliant interview. He described how he has got so much more out of the players than at the beginning of the season. All to do with making the system we play fit the players he has, flexibility of tactics during the game, focussing on the minute detail of performance and the importance of position on the pitch. He's very intelligent.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know SFA about football coaching but I've always thought if I was a coach arriving at a new club the first thing I would do is watch vids of games and players and then sit them down individually and ask them where they feel they are best playing. I'm always amazed watching games the amount of times you see players played out of position.

Reactions: Ian

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The programme is still on and just listened to the interview. I've listened/seen many GON interviews and this one has impressed me the most. I have no doubt that he will go on to become a great manager. I suggest all Wolves fans listen to it. It starts at 19.30, 30 mins into the programme.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you know if its on BBC sounds??
It was on BBC Sounds. I listened whilst the show was still on so just scrolled the bar back to 19.30 to listen. Not sure if you can do catch-up on BBC Sounds but there must be a way to find it. I listened to the interview then straight on to the OS to listen to the GON Press Conference. This guy just impresses me more and more. This is essential listening for a Wolves fan.

Me Babbies

Reaction score
It was on BBC Sounds. I listened whilst the show was still on so just scrolled the bar back to 19.30 to listen. Not sure if you can do catch-up on BBC Sounds but there must be a way to find it. I listened to the interview then straight on to the OS to listen to the GON Press Conference. This guy just impresses me more and more. This is essential listening for a Wolves fan.
Brill yes I'm just checking it's on the football daily podcast for the next 29 days

Me Babbies

Reaction score
additionally this is a podcast so it can be found where most pod casts are available, i can see it on Spotify for example

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can tell listening to it how committed and humble he is. He's working his **** off, but at the same time realises that without the players' own commitment his efforts would basically be for nothing. Really starting to build something here

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can tell listening to it how committed and humble he is. He's working his **** off, but at the same time realises that without the players' own commitment his efforts would basically be for nothing. Really starting to build something here
What impresses me most, well there's a lot really, is his attention to detail and his meticulous preparation. I thought Nuno was strong on this but he even seems to out-Nuno Nuno! He comes over as very humble, full of humility and humanity, willing to acknowledge his inexperience but at the same time showing an inner strength and steel. I love the way he praises the players and also his support team and medical staff, almost minimising what he does although it is abundantly clear he is in charge. He seems genuinely respected and liked throughout the football world and this admiration spreads to the Club right now which is great. It's great being a Wolves fan right now!

Back
Top Bottom