Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

GON Half Time Team Talks

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is he too nice?? they become complacent
I think it is inexperience, he seems very studious the week before a game and how teams set up.

It is when they make changes or tweaks on the fly he seems to struggle.

Seems he almost over prepares and is then rigid or lacking the imagination or ability to react to the changes made by the other coach

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it is inexperience, he seems very studious the week before a game and how teams set up.

It is when they make changes or tweaks on the fly he seems to struggle.

Seems he almost over prepares and is then rigid or lacking the imagination or ability to react to the changes made by the other coach
Couldn’t of put it better myself

Why do we never make 5 changes??

So at half time we needed to shake it up and go for it. Sheffield made few changes before we did and it cost us.

They grew in confidence we got worse as the game went on

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just think that we've still got some way to go before we see consistent performances week after week.

My opinion is that I've now seen enough to know we're heading in the right direction, we just need to trust that the general trajectory will continue upwards with the odd blip here and there.

As for half time, I think Sheffield just came out and decided to come at us and press which they'd not done all first half which probably caught us off guard as we were previously dictating the pace of the game. From there we never really got a handle on it and everything became a bit frantic.
Exactly this. They realised that without Neto we had very little threat on the break and they just went for it. We weren’t able to match them as soon as they decided to try harder, which was a massive worry. I don’t think it was on GON yesterday.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly this. They realised that without Neto we had very little threat on the break and they just went for it. We weren’t able to match them as soon as they decided to try harder, which was a massive worry. I don’t think it was on GON yesterday.
It isn’t on GON to leave the ineffective in attack semedo on? DOC would have been a much better option and his limp cross instead of shot was bloody pathetic!

It isn’t on GON that he took off the main point of our attacks who linked the play and held the ball up? Again…….

Sorry but that game was more than there for the taking from the first half, but yet again half time comes the other manager makes a couple of subtle tweaks and we are powerless to respond or change the game….

That is 100% on the manager

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It isn’t on GON to leave the ineffective in attack semedo on? DOC would have been a much better option and his limp cross instead of shot was bloody pathetic!

It isn’t on GON that he took off the main point of our attacks who linked the play and held the ball up? Again…….

Sorry but that game was more than there for the taking from the first half, but yet again half time comes the other manager makes a couple of subtle tweaks and we are powerless to respond or change the game….

Have to disagree here.

I don't know why so many people have an issue with Semedo, he got forward as well as could be expected for a FB, yes he screwed that one, he's a proper nosebleed merchant when he gets to the box, but are you seriously telling me Doc would have been getting there playing RB?

Sasa I didn't think was very good first half, but second half he was hopeless, 3 headers all wouldn't have been different if the defenders had won them. He was only ever going to last 60 minutes anyway.

So maybe there were things he should have done differently (aren't there always when you lose), but I'm not having selecting Doc at RB, or leaving Sasa on as either of them.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You’re wrong on most of this.

Sasa was absolutely dreadful after half time, like genuinely terrible.

The Semedo stuff has been done to death but what I will say is that when we had the good version of Doc people didn’t talk him up anywhere near the levels that they are doing currently; he’s suddenly become prime Cafu since joining us second time around. Almost like there’s some kind of agenda against Semedo, eh?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to disagree here.

I don't know why so many people have an issue with Semedo, he got forward as well as could be expected for a FB, yes he screwed that one, he's a proper nosebleed merchant when he gets to the box, but are you seriously telling me Doc would have been getting there playing RB?

Sasa I didn't think was very good first half, but second half he was hopeless, 3 headers all wouldn't have been different if the defenders had won them. He was only ever going to last 60 minutes anyway.

So maybe there were things he should have done differently (aren't there always when you lose), but I'm not having selecting Doc at RB, or leaving Sasa on as either of them.
Well doc has two goals for us this season and a goal and assist for an Ireland…. So yes I am suing DOC gets there as his goals have come in open play, so he clearly still gets into the box.

Sasa played very well with his back to goal and laying the ball off after holding it up when it came to him.

Granted, he Wasn’t a threat in their box, I 100% agree, but his game was to link up and give the ball to hwang and cunha and have them run at pace to create. He played a clearly defined and instructed role.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The Semedo stuff has been done to death but what I will say is that when we had the good version of Doc people didn’t talk him up anywhere near the levels that they are doing currently; he’s suddenly become prime Cafu since joining us second time around. Almost like there’s some kind of agenda against Semedo, eh?
Legit lol @ prime Cafu

• Haha
Reactions: Ned

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to disagree here.

Yep. I didn’t want us to get drawn in to a scrap yesterday but it happened… I’d have maybe made the changes to midfield earlier but with a double sub of Doyle and Sasa for Gomes and Traore - get some proper scrapping going in the midfield.

For what it’s worth yesterday was one of those games that I don’t think any change would have had a huge impact regardless.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s true though! Suddenly he’s the answer to all our attacking woes in games… He’s a right back FFS.
Doherty scores goals. Semedo doesn’t

Semedo couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo. For a player that played for Barcelona his shooting, his crossing leaves a lot to be desired.

Doc is battle hardened. He’s played many games like that yesterday, we needed someone like him to carry us through. Just like the Bournemouth game!!

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Well doc has two goals for us this season and a goal and assist for an Ireland…. So yes I am suing DOC gets there as his goals have come in open play, so he clearly still gets into the box.

Sasa played very well with his back to goal and laying the ball off after holding it up when it came to him.

Granted, he Wasn’t a threat in their box, I 100% agree, but his game was to link up and give the ball to hwang and cunha and have them run at pace to create. He played a clearly defined and instructed role.
Oh come off it. Doc scored 2 goals against Blackpool. Was his assist for Ireland the one against Gibraltar? I think even his biggest fans know he's a poor RB.

Sasa was OK first half, couldn't be kinder than that, second half offered nothing. It's irrelevant though as there was no way he was ever playing more than 60 minutes.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So doc hasn’t got as many goals in a fraction of the minutes since he returned than semedo in 4 seasons? Or a goal and assist for his country? Off the bench in a five at the back he would have been a more than capable off the bench impact sub. So based on goals per minute for club and country DOC destroys semedo this campaign. That isn’t talking him up, that is statistically a fact.

Semedo hasn’t been a fraction of the player Doc was when he was here in the first few Nuno years at any point since he signed in a period of any consistency.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh come off it. Doc scored 2 goals against Blackpool. Was his assist for Ireland the one against Gibraltar? I think even his biggest fans know he's a poor RB.

Sasa was OK first half, couldn't be kinder than that, second half offered nothing. It's irrelevant though as there was no way he was ever playing more than 60 minutes.
You say he is A poor RB…. Well he was better through his first prem stint with us than Nelson has ever been since we overpaid for him…… again fact…. Doc won us more points than errors or goals he caused against us, where semedo is massively the other way….. next to no goals scored but a key player in many goals against us since he signed.

Nelson has played lower quality teams in his time with us and only has 2 goals…..

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
You say he is A poor RB…. Well he was better through his first prem stint with us than Nelson has ever been since we overpaid for him…… again fact…. Doc won us more points than errors or goals he caused against us, where semedo is massively the other way….. next to no goals scored but a key player in many goals against us since he signed.

Nelson has played lower quality teams in his time with us and only has 2 goals…..
As a RWB.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So doc hasn’t got as many goals in a fraction of the minutes since he returned than semedo in 4 seasons? Or a goal and assist for his country? Off the bench in a five at the back he would have been a more than capable off the bench impact sub. So based on goals per minute for club and country DOC destroys semedo this campaign. That isn’t talking him up, that is statistically a fact.

Semedo hasn’t been a fraction of the player Doc was when he was here in the first few Nuno years at any point since he signed in a period of any consistency.
Against Gibraltar and Blackpool, mate? If you’re using that logic then presumably you were crying out for Sarabia to come on yesterday as well then? He was amazing in that league cup game.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doherty scores goals. Semedo doesn’t

Semedo couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo. For a player that played for Barcelona his shooting, his crossing leaves a lot to be desired.

Doc is battle hardened. He’s played many games like that yesterday, we needed someone like him to carry us through. Just like the Bournemouth game!!
To carry us through? What does that even mean? You think Doc comes on yesterday, turns the tide and scores/sets up the winner?

Other than not shooting that one time, Semedo had a solid game (from memory, anyway).

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dear GON
Welcome to wolves. Most of us weren’t that chuffed with your appointment but that’s football. You have done pretty well so far but we can’t drop stupid points VAR or no VAR against the bottom teams. It’s a habit most wolves fans want to see broken. In 6 years we have consistently dropped points to teams who ended up relegated. It’s depressing as a fan as it ruins the weekend. I don’t know what you need to do but you really need to ensure that we are on the front foot against teams in the bottom 5 or we will replace them !
Thanks for listening. Good luck and do us proud. Wolves ay we

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To carry us through? What does that even mean? You think Doc comes on yesterday, turns the tide and scores/sets up the winner?

Other than not shooting that one time, Semedo had a solid game (from memory, anyway).
He did . But he made an awful decision for 13 yards to pass rather than shoot. Doc works the keeper every time

Come on Nelson. If you find yourself there ****ing shoot. I am happy to defend your shooting and missing than giving a **** pass to nobody

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He did . But he made an awful decision for 13 yards to pass rather than shoot. Doc works the keeper every time

Come on Nelson. If you find yourself there ****ing shoot. I am happy to defend your shooting and missing than giving a **** pass to nobody
Agree. I was screaming at the tv when he didn’t shoot, it was a terrible decision from a place of zero confidence in his shooting ability.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They dragged us down to their level

Players like Semedo just said yeah sunk to their standards

Doherty is very underrated by our fan base because he’s slow lol

Neves was also slow must by why only a Saudi club went for him!!

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the proviso we play a back three, which we should in every game because we play better and have a better PPG return, then it's Doc all day long.
If we go 4-4-2, it should be Semedo.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a RWB.
Well we have played 5 at the back a few times now and did yesterday for a long time.

And Nelson has played for us when we have done 5 at the back. He contributed sweet FA then as well…..
Against Gibraltar and Blackpool, mate? If you’re using that logic then presumably you were crying out for Sarabia to come on yesterday as well then? He was amazing in that league cup game.
Semedo has also played against lower league and weak teams in his time with us…. And scored 2 maybe three in his career to date.

Semedo has played at barca, a team who dominate leagues and Europe and he scored and assisted **** all there too! Bloke is as much use as a chocolate teapot in attack no matter what level of opposition and quality of team mates around him

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to disagree here.

He ****ed up a straight forward cross, put it into the keepers hands. Hes ok going forward but Doc is much better. But Semedo is a better defender with pace, hard balance to strike

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
He ****ed up a straight forward cross, put it into the keepers hands. Hes ok going forward but Doc is much better. But Semedo is a better defender with pace, hard balance to strike
I don't think it's a remotely difficult choice in a 442 and frankly I find it bizarre that with 4 attacking players on the pitch our RB seems to be the scapegoat for so much of the board.

At a push maybe Doc could have come on when Bellegarde did and played RWB.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think it's a remotely difficult choice in a 442 and frankly I find it bizarre that with 4 attacking players on the pitch our RB seems to be the scapegoat for so much of the board.

At a push maybe Doc could have come on when Bellegarde did and played RWB.
Who’s scapegoating him ? I’m telling it as it is, Semedo is massive for speed, but he nowhere near as effective as doc going forward. I’d play Semedo against the so called stronger teams, but I’d like to see doc used, even if as a sub, against teams like Sheffield United

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Who’s scapegoating him ? I’m telling it as it is, Semedo is massive for speed, but he nowhere near as effective as doc going forward. I’d play Semedo against the so called stronger teams, but I’d like to see doc used, even if as a sub, against teams like Sheffield United
Yes not you mate, but I got into this argument on the back of a claim that the two big mistakes O'Neil made were selecting Semedo and taking Sasa off. Given it wasn't the formation that was criticised I'm assuming we're discussing playing a 442 with Doc at LB and trying to keep a guy who's been used for 20 minutes at a time off the back of a major injury on the pitch for 90 minutes.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes not you mate, but I got into this argument on the back of a claim that the two big mistakes O'Neil made were selecting Semedo and taking Sasa off. Given it wasn't the formation that was criticised I'm assuming we're discussing playing a 442 with Doc at LB and trying to keep a guy who's been used for 20 minutes at a time off the back of a major injury on the pitch for 90 minutes.
I didn’t say starting semedo was the issue, I meant a sub should have been made.

We needed a goal, and he isn’t the player to score or create anything. He has never delivered either at any stage of his career even when playing for quality teams like Barca or in his Portugal caps.

Doc has goals in him and is far more decisive and effective in the final third.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True, but Semedo wouldn't have scored any of those. It's a low bar, but one that poor shot Nelson couldn't clear.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd understand the call for prime Matt Doherty to replace Semedo. The 2023 version I'm not so sure of.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
I didn’t say starting semedo was the issue, I meant a sub should have been made.

We needed a goal, and he isn’t the player to score or create anything. He has never delivered either at any stage of his career even when playing for quality teams like Barca or in his Portugal caps.

Doc has goals in him and is far more decisive and effective in the final third.
OK, I'll agree that putting Doc on, say when Bellegarde came on and going to a 343 or 352 might have been a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom