Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

GON: ‘No excuses’

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In his post match interview today, Gary O’Neil was quick to proclaim that there would be “NO EXCUSES” for todays performance, in keeping with his humble, ‘no nonsense’ approach.

He then said this;

“It’s a massive number of chances. It’s been two tough games. It’s a group that’s new to me and I’m new to them. We’re eight or nine days in. Did I know there were going to be things that needed to be fixed here? Of course. Whenever there is a change there’s things that need to be fixed.”

I am delighted Jeff found such a no nonsense manager.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In his post match interview, Gary O’Neil was quick to proclaim that there would be “NO EXCUSES” for todays performance, in keeping with his humble, ‘no nonsense’ approach.

He then said this;

“It’s a massive number of chances. It’s been two tough games. It’s a group that’s new to me and I’m new to them. We’re eight or nine days in. Did I know there were going to be things that needed to be fixed here? Of course. Whenever there is a change there’s things that need to be fixed.”

I

I
Hahaha amazing…….

That is like going “with no disrespect…… BUT……”

He got everything wrong after the half time, that is on him and him alone! Subs badly timed and it looked like he slipped them a sedative at half time rather than isotonic electrolyte drinks!!!

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"We are very early in the process; we knew there would be a lot of things to fix. There wouldn't have been a change if things were going well."

Saying Lop got sacked for on field performances.

This guy is a clown, unfortunately.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"We are very early in the process; we knew there would be a lot of things to fix. There wouldn't have been a change if things were going well."

There wouldnt have been a change if things were going well? Lets not take the **** here ONeil.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Let's not hang him yet, but I said elsewhere, the 'of course there's problems or the last bloke wouldn't have been sacked' line doesn't fit our circumstances.

Reaction score
In his post match interview today, Gary O’Neil was quick to proclaim that there would be “NO EXCUSES” for todays performance, in keeping with his humble, ‘no nonsense’ approach.

He then said this;

I am eternally grateful (sarcasm mode off) that Jeff decided to shop for our new manager at Poundland and came back with a cheap yes man. His tactics today were appalling and I genuinely don’t think we can expect any better - it’s going to be a long hard season.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Do we know what he got sacked for? Our owners have a track record of this. Nuno didn't get sacked for on field performances, either. Or did he? Who knows?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I am eternally grateful (sarcasm mode off) that Jeff decided to shop for our new manager at Poundland and came back with a cheap yes man. His tactics today were appalling and I genuinely don’t think we can expect any better - it’s going to be a long hard season.
Could have been a genius long term plan to make sure Guo buys Elvedi (he said getting more than a bit desperate).

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No fan of lopetegui but that's such rubbish he's just spouted. From preseason I thought lop had actually made a decent shift in style and definitely sorted our fitness.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s clearly a very limited manager and leader but the players we have and the small amount he brings to the table should be enough to keep us up.

The bigger concern for me is to what end? What are we aiming for - an endless cycle of this footballing purgatory where we set out each season to scrape away from relegation..?

Reaction score
He’s clearly a very limited manager and leader but the players we have and the small amount he brings to the table should be enough to keep us up.

The bigger concern for me is to what end? What are we aiming for - an endless cycle of this footballing purgatory where we set out each season to scrape away from relegation..?
Let’s hope you’re right personally I doubt it - can’t see him still being here beyond Xmas.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worrying if he really believes that. Even more worrying if he doesn't and still says it to try and deflect from his own **** show. Lage-esque performance after half time.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s hope you’re right personally I doubt it - can’t see him still being here beyond Xmas.
It sounds harsh but I don’t want him to be here after Xmas. It’s just that I think there are a lot of poor teams in the Prem and even a complete clown of a manager (edit: our manager) can keep us up with the players we have.

But as above, what’s the point..?

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s still early days and I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt despite him not being my choice for the job. The trouble is I have now lost quite a bit of confidence in him already due to his basic errors today. Neto on the right? Semedo full game? Sarabia over Sasa? If he couldn’t see that they were targeting our right side and counter it then I’m afraid he’s clueless tactically.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see him saying what every manager has said since Nuno and including Nuno .
Solutions. Take our chances . Be clinical .
When we play well we don’t score . And I can’t see that changing with these players . Who are technically good but not relentlessly focused on scoring.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's already slyly intimated the performance on Monday was more down to him than he should have, now he's hinting today was nothing to do with him. Anyone would think you have an easy target who is gagged thanks to a big juice NDA Gaz....... ****ing loser

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He then said this;

Quickly distancing himself from how bad we are at both ends of the pitch, despite playing some decent stuff in between. In a kind of ‘look at the mess they left me with’ kind of way! Bless.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s still early days and I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt despite him not being my choice for the job. The trouble is I have now lost quite a bit of confidence in him already due to his basic errors today. Neto on the right? Semedo full game? Sarabia over Sasa? If he couldn’t see that they were targeting our right side and counter it then I’m afraid he’s clueless tactically.
Bournemouth fans did warn us. Like the time Bournemouth were chasing the game so GON took off attacking players and put on defenders. That he over thinks things etc.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's already slyly intimated the performance on Monday was more down to him than he should have, now he's hinting today was nothing to do with him. Anyone would think you have an easy target who is gagged thanks to a big juice NDA Gaz....... ****ing loser
i was surprised that he gave no credit to JL after the Utd game and was happy to lap up the praise.

Not profiling as the most upstanding person

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't see what he said or did wrong. The second goal straight after halftime was a killer. His subs did OK.
Plenty of time to judge him.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hahaha amazing…….

That is like going “with no disrespect…… BUT……”

He got everything wrong after the half time, that is on him and him alone! Subs badly timed and it looked like he slipped them a sedative at half time rather than isotonic electrolyte drinks!!!
Why do you automatically think the manager got things wrong rather than the players who crossed the white line making mistakes and not being good enough.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

of course there’s lots to fix, we fought relegation last season and finished the campaign with a 6-0 & 5-0 defeats one of those to Brighton! Any person with an ounce of common sense can know that. We’ve lost our best player and some other important players from a squad battling relegation so it’s pretty bloody obvious where we are as a team. Don’t get lured into thinking everything is the manager/coach mistakes.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really couldn't care less what O'Neil says, just as I couldn't have cared less about press conferences involving Nuno, Lage or Loppy. It's what happens on the field that concern me and yesterday O'Neil showed little to suggest he's got what it takes. The second half display was pathetic. That O'Neil let his players saunter onto the field, late, when Brighton were out and ready to go, was symptomatic of the first ten minutes of the half when we were blown away. We weren't ready, Brighton was.
The fact that his subs seemed strange, although in his defence, Hwang looked decent just exacerbated the ****-show.

It's going to be a long, hard season and O'Neil really has to walk the walk, regardless of his talking ****.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yeah….two games and the knives are out.

I wonder if even Pep or Klopp would have made much difference after about 10 days……maybe some but nothing incredible.
Pep and Klopp both came with a track record. Lopetegui came with a track record.

9 months and a lucky relegation escape isn't a track record. 1-4 in the first home game is a travesty.

Lage should have been sacked after 0-3 against the same opposition.

When are the white handkerchiefs being raised?

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This guy is taking us down. He is a chancer. I got pelters in another thread for that comment unless we get a proper manager we will be so far adrift by 10 games it will already be over. Worse than Lage. Saunders esque
It’s been two games ffs

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do you automatically think the manager got things wrong rather than the players who crossed the white line making mistakes and not being good enough.
Because it is his job to motivate, correct any tactical issues from the first half.

Examples of What he needed to discuss, but not full list;

the missed chances, - so motivation to keep trying

Constant and too easy attacks down our right back channel - tactical/player switch

Movement in final third - positive lads, keep it up

And then when they crossed the white wash for the second half it is his job to react, make adjustments and chsnges based on what the other coach does.

Conceding three goals in ten mins with no reply, is massively down to the manager when you look at easily we were carved open.

How big a drop off in performance from first half to second half, is significantly down to him as he had them for 15 mins…..

Then the fact he left neto and semedo on when both played woefully for 90 mins is bad too.

His lack of tactical knowledge, inability to change things and poor substitutions (too late on Monday too) were exposed massively by the excellent brighton manager. All those things were told to us by Bournemouth fans and some of us on here in the day before and of his appointment.

The job, prem football and wolves as a club are all too big for this novice…. He hasn’t proven anything and the situation we are in due to Jeff and fosun needs an experienced head and not a managerial new born!!!

Back
Top Bottom