Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

God bless

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Scary how many that there were.....
Was over two seasons I think. My daughter in law’s dad was on here died after Man City Boxing Day game December 2019. Cooky a poster on here was there as well as pete
The memory is on both face book and Twitter if any wasn’t there to see it

was very poignant so well done Wolves

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So sad to see. I have worked for the NHS for 26 years. Had covid last May. I feel tired to my very soul mentally and physically. Done some sums, hoping to finish work in 6 years. I hope I make it. :)
One of my colleagues is just getting over it. She says that she literally can't stay up for more than 2 hours and even going downstairs to the kitchen exhausts her. A friend, who prior to catching CV last year ran 10k three times a week, is now restricted to walks.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of my colleagues is just getting over it. She says that she literally can't stay up for more than 2 hours and even going downstairs to the kitchen exhausts her. A friend, who prior to catching CV last year ran 10k three times a week, is now restricted to walks.
I'm OK on that score, just knackered mate!

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m absolutely convinced that one of the poor people on there was the guy who sat a few seats away from me in the BW upper for the past 6 years.
His wife was there but he wasn’t. I did wonder but didn’t want to ask. Seeing him on here is upsetting. I’m sure I’ll find out as the season progresses.

RIP John Robison and all we have lost.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cried my eyes out at the ground watching this, really hit home how many we have lost due to this horrible virus - get jabbed folks!
Wasn’t it people who had died within that period rather than necessarily of/or with Covid?

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m absolutely convinced that one of the poor people on there was the guy who sat a few seats away from me in the BW upper for the past 6 years.
His wife was there but he wasn’t. I did wonder but didn’t want to ask. Seeing him on here is upsetting. I’m sure I’ll find out as the season progresses.

RIP John Robison and all we have lost.

I saw a couple of faces I recognised that I could no longer see sat in their seats around me, really hit me hard to be honest

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing that struck me was how many of those on there are clearly well before there time. I know not all of them will be be pandemic related but what a loss we have taken throughout this last 18months and it’s still now rippping the heart straight out of families. Please folks tell your immediate family before you go to bed every night how much you love them and just enjoy every single day. It’s absolutely heartbreaking.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing that struck me was how many of those on there are clearly well before there time. I know not all of them will be be pandemic related but what a loss we have taken throughout this last 18months and it’s still now rippping the heart straight out of families. Please folks tell your immediate family before you go to bed every night how much you love them and just enjoy every single day. It’s absolutely heartbreaking.

This!

Noweimannnocry

Reaction score
I got my coffee just before half time and got back to my seat to see this video playing, a lady who I guess was in her late sixties was sat next to me. I had never met her in my life, we said the odd sentence to each other during the first half, no more. As it was playing I noticed her leg tremble a little, I looked at her and could see she was crying. I had already gathered she was attending the match alone so I was in the position of wanting to offer comfort but scared to do so. I plucked up the courage to hold her hand hoping to god she wouldn't be offended or take it the wrong way. As it was she held my hand tightly for the duration of the video. I don't know if a loved one was shown or just her emotions took over but I did know she just needed a friend for a minute or two. She smiled and said thank you as it finished and she soon seemed OK cheering the players out.
As she stood up to let me past at the final whistle she grabbed my hand and said thank you again, I said you are so welcome, take care.
I have had many emotions over the last 50 years of watching Wolves at Molineux, today's half time will live with me for a reason I never thought possible.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I got my coffee just before half time and got back to my seat to see this video playing, a lady who I guess was in her late sixties was sat next to me. I had never met her in my life, we said the odd sentence to each other during the first half, no more. As it was playing I noticed her leg tremble a little, I looked at her and could see she was crying. I had already gathered she was attending the match alone so I was in the position of wanting to offer comfort but scared to do so. I plucked up the courage to hold her hand hoping to god she wouldn't be offended or take it the wrong way. As it was she held my hand tightly for the duration of the video. I don't know if a loved one was shown or just her emotions took over but I did know she just needed a friend for a minute or two. She smiled and said thank you as it finished and she soon seemed OK cheering the players out.
As she stood up to let me past at the final whistle she grabbed my hand and said thank you again, I said you are so welcome, take care.
I have had many emotions over the last 50 years of watching Wolves at Molineux, today's half time will live with me for a reason I never thought possible.
Beautiful well done you.

T

TheConcourse

Heartbreaking and heartwarming to see Dad there. It’s been 6 months and it’s ****ing horrible.

He introduced me to Wolves and I’ll absolutely make sure I do the same to my boys when they’re old enough.

More than a football team.

Condolences to all of those who have lost someone

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You are a true gentleman. Knowing how hard the video hit me today, and touch wood I have been fortunate enough not to lose a close relative/friend to covid up to now, reading your post and knowing you gave comfort to someone who probably isn’t as fortunate as myself, warms my heart. Thank you.

Also condolences to everyone else who was there/not there today and had a relative/friend in the video today x

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very emotional and a reality check, recognised a fair few faces from all the years going ‘to the match’.
Steve Brown brought back memories of our Barnwell years when we were young pups, Wembley 80, Eindhoven, Tottenham semis at Hillsborough and Highbury… and then a couple of minutes later a picture of his dad Ken. RIP to all.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's terrible to see how many people appear young.

I appreciate not all these are covid related, however I imagine the vast majority of the elder fans would have been, when we hear our own fans/former players promoting conspiracys and been anti vaccine they should look at this video.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Heartbreaking and heartwarming to see Dad there. It’s been 6 months and it’s ****ing horrible.

He introduced me to Wolves and I’ll absolutely make sure I do the same to my boys when they’re old enough.

More than a football team.

Condolences to all of those who have lost someone
A lovely post. I hope you found some comfort in seeing your dad there. My deepest condolences to you and all your family. X

GavW

Groupie
Reaction score
Others have put it better but the numbers and age of some of the people on the video was heartbreaking.

Really put everything in to perspective the unpredictability of life and the thousands of us who get to share our main hobby.

You never know when it's your last time walking in to that great place enjoy every trip as much as you can.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really did Nige. It’s beautiful and sad. Blubbering like a 2 year old, but all happy memories with Dad and Wolves.
The very fact you intend handing the baton over to your boys means a link that will never be broken. The Wolves family is a wonderful thing. Enjoy and keep the happy memories to see you through the hard times and know whilst Wolves fans exists you will never be alone if you don’t want to be. As the thread title states. God Bless you and your dear Dad.

Back
Top Bottom