Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Goal Scorers

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul didn't have a great record before he came to us either.

Yes, exactly. I think this is our policy with goal scorers. Because proven goal scorers are the most expensive , by far, we try and find those with unrealised potential. Hoping that they will come good for us. Strike up a partnership with another forward, perhaps. Occasionally, a player overlooked by the biggest clubs, will get past age 25 and suddenly start scoring goals out of nowhere.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to create the chances first

The chances Pukki had were very similar, precise, defence splitting through balls for him to beat a defender too (mostly Coady, I think) . We do that kind of pass so rarely, you have to wonder if we have anyone consistently able to deliver at the quality required. Though I think Raul is a better finisher than Pukki and would have scored 2 ,maybe 3 that day if he was playing in Pukki's place.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The chances Pukki had were very similar, precise, defence splitting through balls for him to beat a defender too (mostly Coady, I think) . We do that kind of pass so rarely, you have to wonder if we have anyone consistently able to deliver at the quality required. Though I think Raul is a better finisher than Pukki and would have scored 2 ,maybe 3 that day if he was playing in Pukki's place.

It was Coady, got hooked at half time. We rarely see those passes because our midfielders don't have the freedom to get forward into the positions to make them, and we rarely back the runs in behind. Hwang is the only one I can remember making those runs but he seems to not make them while playing outwide

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was Coady, got hooked at half time. We rarely see those passes because our midfielders don't have the freedom to get forward into the positions to make them, and we rarely back the runs in behind. Hwang is the only one I can remember making those runs but he seems to not make them while playing outwide
Fabio looks to make runs in behind but if the ball is never played ....

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio looks to make runs in behind but if the ball is never played ....

He does, but the ball never comes. I think Fabio looks good running with the ball from deep and as you say making the runs in behind. But it's the playing back to goal he struggles with. Why I want to see him play with Raul for a run of game. Let Raul do the hold up play and let Fabio run in behind.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He does, but the ball never comes. I think Fabio looks good running with the ball from deep and as you say making the runs in behind. But it's the playing back to goal he struggles with. Why I want to see him play with Raul for a run of game. Let Raul do the hold up play and let Fabio run in behind.
Agreed

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Moutinho and Neves seemed noticably further forward last season than in any premier league season before. Not sure they make those kind of passes for Portugal, either. And it doesn't matter where Donk is positioned on the pitch, he is not going to play defence splitting passes.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Moutinho and Neves seemed noticably further forward last season than in any premier league season before. Not sure they make those kind of passes for Portugal, either. And it doesn't matter where Donk is positioned on the pitch, he is not going to play defence splitting passes.
None of them are line splitting passers consistently. Safe players

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at videos of Ramos, he seems like an excellent finisher - although YouTube compliations can often be misleading.

Back
Top Bottom