Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Goal of the season?

Del Boy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just seen this on SKY, here is the description from the BBC site

We've just seen the goal of the season. The ball is bouncing all over the place just inside the Arsenal half and David Bentley, a la Matt le Tissier against Blackburn in 1995, knees the ball up and volleys it over Manuel Almunia from fully 40 yards. We might have just seen Bentley's 'Beckham' moment.

The Weasel

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought you meant SEB's first one last night....

DawleyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
SEB has had his own goal of the season of sorts (from E&S)

Amazingly, the 22-year-old had never netted with his head before this season - but he put that right at Ipswich, Coventry and now last night with his second goal.
“Before this season, I’d never scored with my head, so it’s something I have consciously worked on with the gaffer and TC,†he said.

Bahama Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a game!! Lennon at the death rescues a point for Spurs! Great start for Harry!

S

Samui Wolf

Good hit by Bentley, but awfull goalkeeping !!! You can see why Hen is being linked with them. Both keepers were very poor.

H

haden-wolf

Bentley's the one to beat, just think Goddle ignored the come and get me plea!

Sozzled Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Berbatov's bit of skill on the touchline to beat Collins & set-up Ronaldo to score was also sublime...

Some real crackers last night. It's fair to say that if anyone has any intentions of beating Bentley's effort this season they're going to have to produce something pretty special.

J

jbarnettuk1984

I couldn't help but notice Bentley scores a 40 yard screamer a week after i take him out of my fantasy football team for doing $$$$ all, all season. Not that you get any extra points for the distance he scored from but still, $$$$ing typical!

L

Langdale Wolf

Still doesn't beat SEB's 2nd v Charlton last season! To be fair to Bentley though, that was just an awesome strike.

Slightly OT, but just how crap is Gomes? One of the worst keepers I have seen in recent years - his gift to Udinese last week was just comical - he has at least 1 major mistake a game.

E

Ettingshall Wolf

Gomez is an OK shot stopper but is awful at dealing with balls from corners and the flanks. He tries to punch every time, I dont think I have ever seen him catch a ball. Surely Redknapp will have a new keep at the top of his wish list for January (hopefully not a certain Welshman).

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it was goal of the season, more hit and hope. Berbatov's skill was much better.

Sozzled Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomez is - quite frankly - gash, as some on here would say.

Typical Brazilian keeper.

J

jbarnettuk1984

I remember hearing Gomez described as "The best goalkeeper in the world" on Match Of The Day earlier this season.

Comedy of the highest order IMO/IMV/FACT.

J

johnybig32

GOmes can be brilliant then awful...IMO i like how he tried to command his area but he does make a lot of mistakes.

Lampards was a cross FACT.

Bentley's was a great bit of skill, but really was a bit of hit and hop in my opinion.

Rooneys volley against Newcastle was way better

J

jbarnettuk1984

Usually Johnybig speaks a lot of sense.
On the occasion he isn't.... ;)
It was a cracking goal! You can see him look, pick his spot, and execute the finish. He def meant it.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

johnybig32

You mean he looked....spotted the players at the back post and tried to hit it there.

Lampard when he shoots, he "lamps" it. Look at his shots and goals from around the edge...not delicate chips. He puts his foot right through it.

Im sorry but i totally disagree with you.

E

Ettingshall Wolf

Im with johnybig32 100%. If he was shooting he would have hit it harder, not dinked it towards the back post

D

Del Woppio

Lampard when he shoots, he "lamps" it. Look at his shots and goals from around the edge...not delicate chips. He puts his foot right through it.

Andy Gray-esque ignorance. Lampard has scored some delightful chips in his career to date; From memory - Barca in the Champions League? Guangzou in one of this summer’s friendly games? There was also a cracker at Southampton a few years ago.

E

Ettingshall Wolf

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pu1QEkeNg18"]YouTube - LAMPARD GOAL FOR CHELSEA - HULL CITY 1:0[/ame]

L

Langdale Wolf

Andy Gray-esque ignorance. Lampard has scored some delightful chips in his career to date; From memory - Barca in the Champions League? Guangzou in one of this summer’s friendly games? There was also a cracker at Southampton a few years ago.

I have to agree with Del here.

I'm not Lampard's biggest fan but credit where it's due. Great goal.

T

Toon Wolf

Del I usually agree with a lot of your posts, and I again think you are correct and that Lampard meant it as an attempt at goal. BUT, once again you have started your reply by putting down another poster. Why do you feel this necessary so often of late? There is no need, just make your own opinion known without disparaging someone else's. These kind of comments are unnecessary.

J

jbarnettuk1984

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=d5eMg4-cX9c"]YouTube - Chelsea's 3rd Goal Against Hull(Frank Lampard)[/ame]

he meant it. just because he didn't "lamp it", doesn't mean he didn't mean it!

D

Del Woppio

Del I usually agree with a lot of your posts, and I again think you are correct and that Lampard meant it as an attempt at goal. BUT, once again you have started your reply by putting down another poster. Why do you feel this necessary so often of late? There is no need, just make your own opinion known without disparaging someone else's. These kind of comments are unnecessary.

Blimey. I only meant that it was the kind of poorly researched statement that Gray would come out with; there's no malice intended. It's getting very sensitive on here.

M

Mr Wolf

How can any of you say Lampards goal was a cross. It was clearly not. It might not of smashed it as you say because it was on his left foot.

I hated the way MOTD absolutley bummed Berbatovs bit of skill for their first goal. That was just plain luck and not really that skillfull. Redondo's(sp) in the champions league a few years back for Real Madrid in the same corner was much better not to mention SEBs who also smashed the ball in on his weaker foot.

J

johnybig32

SOrry, but Lamps is right footed... With his left foot he would "Lamp" it.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best ever fans zone from last nights game

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_La32tj1W0w"]YouTube - Arsenal 4 Spurs 4 fanzone[/ame]

J

johnybig32

His voice is the funniest thing...

I might complain to sky as there was partial nudity and i wasnt warned...

WHo can i find to blame?

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
that fanzone is superb, very funny - how high was that guy's voice?

And then he tried to mount the gooner - superb!!

E

Evolution Wolf

Amazing strike by Bently absolute cracker.

Gomez is awful cant deal with crosses or balls into the box of any description, he cant catch,his positioning is poor and his decision making lets not even go there. Did anyone see the penalty he gave away in europe where he litteraly bear hugged the striker to stop him getting the ball?

I dont know Ettingshall Wolf he looked to me like he meant it, its an awful cross if it was one.

D

Davebull

Poor goalkeeping detracts from Bentley's excellent goal.

Lampards never a cross. Great goal from a player who is clearly two footed !!!

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everytime i have seen Gomez come out for a corner in games he almost always clobbers Cordluka. Maybe they have issues? ;)

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Goal of the season - My $$$$.It was a hit and hope that you see loads of times he was just lucky it went in.

Back
Top Bottom