Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Glen Hoddle

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mugwump

Glen Hoddle is a very good coach in my opinion. I feel he has improved some of our players even if at the moment they arent showing it. Glen hoddle isnt a good manager. His tactics are flawed and outdated. He is trying to get us playing a European style of football which just has no place in the CCC. He wants us to play like a team in france. We dont want patient, passing football. We want exciting, passionate attacking football. Mr Moxey, its time you got rid of hoddle. We need to try to save our season and the right appointment could do this, or at least give us some hope for next season at least. I fear if nothing is done now, then i think you need to budget for crowds of around 15000 next year Mr Moxey.

H

Hatch End Wolf

Patient, passing football is OK, but unfortunately for Hodgod he hasn't worked out how to make it effective. ie. leading to goals being scored and games won.

Until recently I thought ( hoped ) that maybe there was a plan and he would gradually coach the players into playing his style effectively; or he would get players in who could start producing results. Sadly ( for us ) he has done neither. We've now ended up in the worst of all worlds, with players who can't ( or won't?) play his way and apparently the remaining transfer money gone. So, now even if Hod goes in the near future a new manager will have an unbalanced team incapable of playing "Continental" style football or traditional British 4-4-2....... and no money!

Basically I think we're ****ed.

S

SOA Wolf

Mugwump said:
Glen Hoddle is a very good coach in my opinion. I feel he has improved some of our players even if at the moment they arent showing it.

Like who? Which players have improved...I can think of plenty that have deteriorated under this overpaid, overrated clown.

T

The Punisher

I think Miller has improved his crossing from the left wing under Hoddle SOA Wolf
smiley36.gif

H

Hatch End Wolf

All Miller has to do to make Hod's system a success, is to cross the ball, run into the penalty area, meet his own cross and put the ball into the net. Easy!

You see you don't understand the deep thinking that goes into top class football coaching. Rule No. 1...."it's not my fault, it's just that the players aren't clever / skillful enough to do what they've been taught"!

C

Cosmo Kramer

does any other team play as we do ?

not thissytem of isolation no thrust no running and no defending but with your main striker out wide and target flick on man in 30 yards of space ?

where has hoddle got the idea from and why ?

E

Essex Wolf

Bottom line is that as a team Wolves have not improved.

I believe we have more than enough quality players available to make a big impact on this league but those same players are not being utilised in a sytem that is of benefit to all concerned and until GH accepts and then changes this then Wolves will not improve IMHO.

S

SOA Wolf

Essex, there is nothing wrong with the squad, we have enough good players to win this league, all they need is discipline, a system that works and some motivation.......oh and a good coach.

P

Polak

Mugwump said:
Glen hoddle isnt a good manager. His tactics are flawed and outdated. He is trying to get us playing a European style of football which just has no place in the CCC. He wants us to play like a team in france.

Worked for Fulham under Tigana
smiley5.gif
. For a short time anyway.

H

Hatch End Wolf

Tigana's Fulham team were nothing like Hodgod's Wolves. Tigana's had a fastmoving, athleticmidfield and strikers regularly getting into goal-scoring positions.

The only similarity between Fulham and Wolves was that both teams have 11 players and wear football strips / boots. They probably get paid similar money though!

P

Polak

Hi Hatch End. The point i was trying to make was that Tigana played a more continental style of football, attacking, fast paced, creative from midfield very technical andThey were succesful in this division
smiley17.gif
I take your point though, wolves under Hod are nothing like Fulham of old.
smiley18.gif
Yet i think the fulham of old is whatour manager would like to aspire too.

The Bear

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was one of the few who suggested Tigana before we got Hoddle. Shame he was in the middle of his court case.

P

Polak

Hi Bear. Fulham in their promotion season were exciting, played some great football a credit to the 1st division. I can't remember as much excitement from the national media surrounding the 2nd tieras when fulham were promoted.

Tigana was a decent manager. I believe Hoddle has been trying to emulate his playing style etc

Martin Allen for me though
smiley32.gif

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tigana is a manager, who discipline the players all the time. They say that he requests his players to turn up for training at 6.00 in the morning so that he would ensure his players do not stray long at night, knowing they have to get up early.

Hoddle does not discipline our players, and his comments on the Leicester match, that our players had no motivation, are very surprising for that is the responsibility of the manager to ensure that, so he was actually blaming himself.

Hoddle does not fit in the ccc league system. He may be a premiership manager but surely not good for the league we are in. He has been given everything, from new training grounds, new pitch, new IT/IS on players, more or less all the players he wanted to bring in, so all this leads to one answer, he is not good for ccc, with the result that Wolves had another wasted season.

M

Mugwump

i can think of naylor and craddock who improved for a while,but i do actually agree with you SOA now i think about it,he hasnt improved the players that much at all

E

EasternWolf

Most people would have agreed that at the beginning of the season we had the best players "on paper". But what does it take to make them into and effective team? There is no point in just saying "bad coaching" because they were already good players. My point is that the problem is not that Hoddle hasfailed togiv them something they didn't have before , but that he, the system or something else has actually taken something away from them that they already had.

There has been a lot of discussion about systems 442, 433, 352. The truth is that each of these systems can work if performed well and each can fail if performed badly.

Does it boil down to the magical ingredient "the dressing room". Have he, Gray, Connor, etc lost the dressing room? Are there pockets of resentment within the squad? Is there an inherent unfairness in team selection or the treatment of some players compared to others? Is there a generally resented personality amongst the squad?

I certainly do not think it is just down to Moxey or Sir Jack. Hoddle has a very good squad and apart from one or two favourites that everyone here would have if they could, it would be a difficult job to improve it given the resources generally available.

When Hoddle has worked with individual players - Naylor and Craddock have been mentioned - he usually gets an improvement but this does not translate to improved team performances.

It would be interesting to know what is going on in the minds of the players and just what is causing the general malaise

F

fenella

EasternWolf said:
Most people would have agreed that at the beginning of the season we had the best players "on paper". But what does it take to make them into and effective team?

Did they? I didn't. I think part of the problem is that our mediocre players actually believe they are the best players in the division therefore they don't have to try as hard as those lesser players from other clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom