Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Giroud

D

Deleted member 5635

He offers something different. Not sure he has the workman like approach that Nuno seems to demand for all his players but is a goal scorer.

D

Deleted member 6754 (removed at own request)

Would be an excellent signing on loan. Not sure whether he'd be interested in coming though, since he likely wants guaranteed minutes and won't get that with Jimenez and Jota playing as they are.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Who do Chelsea have behind Higuain? Would be baffling for them to get rid of Giroud until the summer in my opinion.

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Giroud would be a superb signing, especially in our set up. I'd take him on an 18 month contract or 6 month loan with 1 year option.

Saying that, Nash's reputation for signings has taken a battering in recent years. Also dubious that Chelsea would let him go given their striker crisis. They've got rid of Morata and brought in Higuain, but that still leaves them very light up top, and Higuain is a gamble at his age. Chelsea fans I know think very highly of Giroud when he plays a central role with Hazard wide of him.

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morata has now gone to Athletico - would be surprised if Chelsea let him go now.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He would be brilliant but I do think Nash is just throwing a name out there

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have no chance of getting Giroud. Why would Chelsea let us have him on loan? He wont come here anyway.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The role Jiminez and Jota do they are both extremely hard workers. Apart from his spell at Chelsea Giroud is quite prolific. What you think then?
I think you're right to be fair. Apart from Chelsea and France he has been quite prolific. I think playing for France where he very much plays the "false nine" role has clouded by recollection. He was integral to France winning the world cup and not just an unsung hero but completely unappreciated for the job he done.

lycophilos

Reaction score
I got the impression from a few visits to the main Arsenal forum while he was there, that he wasn't that popular with the Arsenal fanbase. He seemed to be generally regarded as not hard working, and some thought, only half jokingly, that Giroud was more interested in perfecting his hair appearance than his footballing ability.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have no chance of getting Giroud. Why would Chelsea let us have him on loan? He wont come here anyway.
Every part of my being wants to agree with you here. It's the same feeling I got when agreeing that Neves would never sign and that Jonny will go back to Atleti.

We sign players of Girouds ilk now. I understand people aren't used to it yet. I'm not used to it.

But;
Patricio
Jonny
Neves
Moutinho
Giroud?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His contract is up in the summer, so I can't see him being loaned out. Only thing this does is get some or all of his wages paid until he leaves.

They will probably either sell for a nominal fee or keep him as backup until his contract expires.

madwolf

Reaction score
on loan he would be a brill signing but doubt there is any truth in it.

D

Deleted member 5910

Giroud only won the World Cup 6 months ago. He's still an A-lister, there is zero chance of him coming here.

mr_j_007

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s great saying nuno admires him, I’m sure he does giroud is a very good player, and whilst he misses a few chances he creates a lot for others and himself and at least he is in the position to miss. He would be a perfect fit for us. So nuno will admire him, though the chance of him joining are slim to nil (hope I’m proven wrong)

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does'nt really fit our profile and have never been very impressed with him as a player.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morata has now gone to Athletico - would be surprised if Chelsea let him go now.

This. I’d have him in a heartbeat, Hazard has publicly said he loves playing with Giroud as a foil, so would be good for Jota.

Would be very strange if let him go, as then they’d be as bare up front as us.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be a class signing but it does sound a bit unlikely though!

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the type to move to Wolverhampton. What modelling contracts would he get in the Midlands?

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would love for us to get him but I would be surprised. I don’t think he would be happy coming here without a guarantee of playing every week.

On a side note, Adama Traore would probably get 30 assists a season if he had Giroud in the middle to aim at.

Back
Top Bottom