Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gibbs White

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he does well and comes back to us with his mind focused on the job and performing well then I'm all for having him back.
When I was younger I wasn't a baddun but i was naughty and certainly learned from mistakes. Everyone is different i guess and although I was really annoyed at him for his lockdown antics i've mellowed towards him.
But i get the fact that the lads of the same age from abroad don't have that side to them.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus the last couple of pages on here?! The guy is doing well out on loan at Swansea surely we should be talking about that and not his private life who cares if his ex is nice or his new girlfriends a "skank" (out of order btw) got nothing to do with us, I wonder what he would think if he saw this.

Good luck to him hope he keeps on performing and finds that consistency because he has the ability to have a future here.

D

Deleted member 4184

Meanwhile back in 2017 in a bar down by the river in Porto.

“See Neves is doing well at Wolverhampton in the English Championship.”

“Yeah, found his level, ain’t he!”

You must have forgotten when Neves was youngest ever champions league captain.

What Neves will achieve in football and what MGW will achieve in football will be night and day.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus the last couple of pages on here?! The guy is doing well out on loan at Swansea surely we should be talking about that and not his private life who cares if his ex is nice or his new girlfriends a "skank" (out of order btw) got nothing to do with us, I wonder what he would think if he saw this.

Good luck to him hope he keeps on performing and finds that consistency because he has the ability to have a future here.
People want him to fail. They don't like him. He's had some poor performances, made a silly mistake that plenty of kids do, they don't like his perceived lifestyle and blame it for the poor performances.

They've nailed their colours to the mast and would rather be proven correct than MGW come good, return to Wolves and strengthen the squad.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he does well and comes back to us with his mind focused on the job and performing well then I'm all for having him back.
When I was younger I wasn't a baddun but i was naughty and certainly learned from mistakes. Everyone is different i guess and although I was really annoyed at him for his lockdown antics i've mellowed towards him.
But i get the fact that the lads of the same age from abroad don't have that side to them.
The foreign lads have grown up in a different culture. Like you, I've grown up in England immersed in British youth culture so I understand why some players have behaviour issues.

I think if I had MGW's talent, I was 20 again and was a pro footballer, I'd have been a ******** too.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He went to a house party on lockdown, like many other 20 year olds... Irresponsible yes, but hardly crime of the century. The way some on here are judging is OTT.

Oh, and his new missus is smoking hot so crack on lad...

I genuinely hope he has a storming season down in Swansea and comes back to us better for it, we desperately need to bring in a quality attacking midfielder that can drive us forward in the middle of the park. Maybe we already have one?
I think there's every chance he doesn't wanna pose for those insta posts. But his missus wants him to and she's willing to put out as long as he does what he's told.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope he does well I just honestly believe he level won't be consistently with where we want to be. No malice about it just my view

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People want him to fail. They don't like him. He's had some poor performances, made a silly mistake that plenty of kids do, they don't like his perceived lifestyle and blame it for the poor performances.

They've nailed their colours to the mast and would rather be proven correct than MGW come good, return to Wolves and strengthen the squad.
I genuinely don't think anyone wants him to fail. I do think that some people have doubts about his character (perhaps including choice of partner), that some people have doubts about his ability and that a subset have doubts about both.
Currently l probably fall into the first category. I would like nothing more than to be proved wrong.

E

Eddie's Eagle

This mentality of wanting someone to fail so a person can say they were right, you see it all too often and I just feel sorry for them. It must really make for a narrow view of the world and low sense of opinion of others (and possibly themselves).

Nuno, his staff, the players and those who own the club have sought to promote this idea of us as a pack. What, for me, at first seemed to be a bit of an easy marketing gimmick, has become a philosophy for the club. So, if we are all part of this 'pack', then why do some behave the way they do with regard to Gibbs-White? As far as I'm aware, he is still a Wolves player. What's more, he's one the cubs, a local lad trying to make a name for himself. Just give the kid our support so he can hopefully realise his potential.

Last edited by a moderator:

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I genuinely don't think anyone wants him to fail. I do think that some people have doubts about his character (perhaps including choice of partner), that some people have doubts about his ability and that a subset have doubts about both.
Currently l probably fall into the first category. I would like nothing more than to be proved wrong.

People 100% want him to fail to be proven right. And to suit their own agenda. Go on any Facebook post about him and it's littered with middle aged men saying "championship player, poor attitude, will amount to nothing, can't cut it, never a prem player, would have made it by now but his attitudes wrong"

Those comments are all from one post yesterday. We should be asking ourselves why we are so keen to see a young local lad fail so much.

I have my own opinion but I'm on my jollies and not sure I can be ***** to get into it right now. Same reasons Sterling gets pelters from the press despite being one of the best English players in the last 5 or so years.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People 100% want him to fail to be proven right. And to suit their own agenda. Go on any Facebook post about him and it's littered with middle aged men saying "championship player, poor attitude, will amount to nothing, can't cut it, never a prem player, would have made it by now but his attitudes wrong"

Those comments are all from one post yesterday. We should be asking ourselves why we are so keen to see a young local lad fail so much.

I have my own opinion but I'm on my jollies and not sure I can be ***** to get into it right now. Same reasons Sterling gets pelters from the press despite being one of the best English players in the last 5 or so years.
Not looked on Facebook. That's sad if true. Don't let a bunch of Muppets influence your view of all Wolves fans though.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This mentality of wanting someone to fail so a person can say they were right, you see it all to often and I just feel sorry for them. It must really make for a narrow view of the world and low sense of opinion for others (and possibly themselves).

Nuno, his staff, the players and those who own the club have sought to promote this idea of us as a pack. What, for me, at first seemed to be a bit of an easy marketing gimmick, has become a philosophy for the club. So, if we are all part of this 'pack', then why do some behave the way they do with regard to Gibbs-White? As far as I'm aware, he is still a Wolves player. What's more, he's one the cubs, a local lad trying to make a name for himself. Just give the kid our support so he can hopefully realise his potential.
I guess it narcissism? They're willing others to fail. I know a true narcissist has an inflated opinion of themselves but this is kind of the same thing.

E

Eddie's Eagle

Not looked on Facebook. That's sad if true. Don't let a bunch of Muppets influence your view of all Wolves fans though.

WickedWolfie, sadly it's true, and to repurpose the new Wolves philosophy, they have formed their own 'packs' that continue to validate this view of the world.

I'll say it for DDPP, for some it'll be because he is black. Some will have different reasons, of course, but we can't hide from the reality that his skin colour will be driving some of this.

Last edited by a moderator:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WickedWolfie, sadly it's true, and to coin the new Wolves philosophy, they have formed their own packs that continue to validate this view of the world.

I'll say for DDP, for some it'll be because he is black. Some will have different reasons, of course, but we can't hide from the reality that his skin colour will be driving some of this.
Hope, as someone with a black partner and a mixed child, that you are wrong. Fear that you aren't.

E

Eddie's Eagle

Hope, as someone with a black partner and a mixed child, that you are wrong. Fear that you aren't.

Like you, I'd rather be wrong. But when I read that Alesha Dixon received complaints for wearing a BLM necklace on TV, then it I think it is still a valid reason.

And Bill, narcissism might be giving most of them too much credit! ;-)

Kennedy

Reaction score
If Wolves sell him for under £15m that would be an incredibly stupid move.
100 % agree.

Young English player with a great season in the champ behind him. Very valuable.

£25M ...

Look at the values other clubs place on players, Ben White, Mings etc...

You wouldn't get them for £15 M...

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's definitely a player in there.

When he 'arrived' on the scene and had Danny Murphy performing media fellatio on Match Of The Day he fully deserved all the praise he was getting. He was playing with his head up, being a positive forward thinking player.

Last season he looked lost, it was all little flicks and almost looked like he was trying to be too clever and trying to force it.

Getting games week in week out should be the making of him and hopefully we'll get a much more mature footballer (in more ways than one) back at the end of the season.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
The lad is 20, has racked up appearances in the top two divisions in this country, represented his country in a World Cup winning team where he played a big part in turning the final in our favour and Nuno has said he's one of the most talented youngsters he's managed.

He's found it difficult to break into the midfield of a Premier League team that boasts three international midfielders currently playing for two of the top European national teams. When he does get a chance it was usually as a sub and he had limited time to make an impression and was perhaps guilty of trying too hard/over thinking things. He also played in a formation where arguably his best position is redundant.

He dropped a ******* during lockdown and I like many others chastised him and would have seen him sold. But that was then, in the meantime my own views on the lockdown has changed and so have they on Morgan. In retrospect the way Wolves dealt with it was spot on.

Now I would really love to see the lad succeed and come back to add yet another option to our midfield. Having a local lad, "one of our own" representing the club at the highest level and hopefully his country again at some point in the future, is surely what we'd all want.

ladywolf

Reaction score
I’ve come across Morgan many times and he’s a really nice young man. I think the initial hype may have affected his game and his head but I’m pleased to see he’s doing well at Swansea. The way people abuse him on social media sometimes is disgusting.

D

Deleted member 11157

I don't think anybody wishes the lad anything but the best of fortunes and a future in the Wolves first team. He hasn't been ' written off ' in terms of his possible future contribution. The base premise is that when he has played in the first team he hasn't really looked on a par with those around him. Sentiment is quite admirable when he's ' one of our own ' but thankfully we have Nuno who very much appears to have the ability to ' spot a player ' and put aside others.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The foreign lads have grown up in a different culture. Like you, I've grown up in England immersed in British youth culture so I understand why some players have behaviour issues.

I think if I had MGW's talent, I was 20 again and was a pro footballer, I'd have been a ******** too.
You and me both!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fact they know them is irrelevant. The issue is people using such poor language to describe women.
I've never met, nor have a great desire to do so, the person in question. Those expressing the message (and you can debate the vernacular as much as you wish) presumably have done so. I will note that MGW hadn't got himself in the crap until he got involved with her.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will always be grateful to this lad! In our first season back when we were on that bad run and then had Chelsea at Molineux and then went 0-1 down.... he was the one to step forward and drag us up by the boot straps, with that lovely run and through ball for Raul to equalise!!! The rest is history!!

I often wonder what might have happened had we lost that match !

Looking forward to seeing you back at Molineux MGW

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've never met, nor have a great desire to do so, the person in question. Those expressing the message (and you can debate the vernacular as much as you wish) presumably have done so. I will note that MGW hadn't got himself in the crap until he got involved with her.
It’s quite clear he doesn’t know her and has never met her. He claims he knows ‘friends’ of MGW.

Back
Top Bottom