Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gestifute Media and Tax Evasion

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Jose Mourinho and Ronaldo both being heavily fined and sentenced for tax evasion/fraud whilst receiving advice from Gestifute, is there any liklehood of our Jorge being personally implicated ? As a financial adviser I tend to follow my own advice to others.
Although it appears to be a financial penalty with little chance of incarceration for first offences.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Jose Mourinho and Ronaldo both being heavily fined and sentenced for tax evasion/fraud whilst receiving advice from Gestifute, is there any liklehood of our Jorge being personally implicated ? As a financial adviser I tend to follow my own advice to others.
Although it appears to be a financial penalty with little chance of incarceration for first offences.
Does he live/make his income in Spain?

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im sure Jorge is far cuter than to leave any paper trail,even if he is implicated
Anyone that has money on that scale takes advice,usually how to get around tax regs,most do it "legally",unfortunately much wants more,and some push the boundaries too far and get caught,it happens in all walks of life,just to different degrees,if you get away with it fine,if you get caught pay your dues,simples

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are Football agents involved in their clients' tax affairs? Surely that's the realm of one's accountant?
As they were in court pleading on behalf of Mourinho, I guess yes they are !

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im sure Jorge is far cuter than to leave any paper trail,even if he is implicated
Anyone that has money on that scale takes advice,usually how to get around tax regs,most do it "legally",unfortunately much wants more,and some push the boundaries too far and get caught,it happens in all walks of life,just to different degrees,if you get away with it fine,if you get caught pay your dues,simples
The definition of what is acceptable/legal tax avoidance (as opposed to evasion) isn't static either. Something which is believed to be acceptable today might be deemed not to be by a Court or Tribunal tomorrow....

D

Deleted member 7041

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z z.....nothing to discuss

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The definition of what is acceptable/legal tax avoidance (as opposed to evasion) isn't static either. Something which is believed to be acceptable today might be deemed not to be by a Court or Tribunal tomorrow....
An example of which is" Film Partnerships" a load of footballers in this country have fell foul of these schemes which were assumed legal when set up. Never got involved setting them up myself but colleagues have !

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Do the advisors ever end up inside? or is the claim I was only giving advice which appeared to be legal to the client and it was their decision to proceed or not ?

loopy lupine

Reaction score
considering it's not just Gestufe clients, Messi for example has also been caught, I would suggest there's nothing to see here

D

Deleted member 5242

An example of which is" Film Partnerships" a load of footballers in this country have fell foul of these schemes which were assumed legal when set up. Never got involved setting them up myself but colleagues have !

My best mate works for HMRC hunting down the culprits. He could reel the names off of footballers and other famous personalities he chases for millions, Robbie Keane being the most relevant. Think Sol Campbell was another.

If i remember right it initially came to light when losses were recorded in association with the film avatar or something along those lines. He was telling me over a beer or 10 so the memories hazy

Last edited by a moderator:

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didnt a load of tv personalities fall foul of a scheme in this country 2 or years ago?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are Football agents involved in their clients' tax affairs? Surely that's the realm of one's accountant?
And the decision to your own pay tax liability correctly is the responsibility of the individual .

D

Deleted member 7041

Been ages since we had a good 'lets implicate Mendes in a shady dealings' thread. While we are on can we group every client and football club he has ever had any dealings with , including our club and players and bandy about veiled accusations of illegal activity, so we can get it done and dusted once and for all.

I repeat ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do the advisors ever end up inside? or is the claim I was only giving advice which appeared to be legal to the client and it was their decision to proceed or not ?
Well i guess advice is just that,advice,if you implement that advice ,and its illegal, your culpable not the advisor
Im sure the proviso,"check it out first",is always given lol,either that or "i know nothing,im from Barcelona" is the legal retort

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Earlier this month (June 2017), Gestifute made a statement denying that Mendes has done anything wrong.
It read: "Neither Jorge Mendes nor the company he manages, Gestifute, participate in or offer any service linked, directly or indirectly, to financial, fiscal or legal advice to their clients."

I would have thought that to be the position with agents. Certainly they might have contacts in legal, financial/tax matters who they could recommend, but as their clients may come from many countries surely it would require experts in each of those countries to advise on what was permissible?

Having read of some agents activities in recent days, I'd look upon them as non-starters for giving technical advice on legal or financial matters to anyone.

Back
Top Bottom