Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gary O’Neil

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Deserves credit for the half time changes: they were bold, and paid off. But got it wrong from the off, and the repeated ill-discipline suggests he's struggling to impose his message on the players.
He deserves nothing but his P45, if it’s tomorrow he’s been paid a day more than he should have been.

Back to Mendes please Fosun.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They got rid of JL with only 4 days before the season started. So that sets a precedent. He can be got rid of at any time. Half-time today would have been a good step forward.
They didn't "get rid of JL".

Lopetegui saw the writing on the wall with our transfer policy after his lobbying through Balague didn't cause Fosun to blink and quit of his own accord after the Celtic friendly at the end of July. He agreed to remain for the final friendlies while a successor was worked on.

DJW

Reaction score
Well Fosun tried to save money and after paying a huge amount to wave JL and his team goodbye they will now have to do the same with GON and his bizarre 3 year deal! Hobbs, take a bow son!

slaphead_wolf

Reaction score
If we can manage to get a couple more non league coaches on the payroll by next week we might just keep it under 10 against City

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said at the time, I felt for him a little bit as he was coming into a club in meltdown. But it was equally clear at the time that Bournemouth staying up last year was a statistical anomaly.

Seems a decent enough guy and I hate saying this but I’d make the change already. Can see us being in a similar situation as this time last year but with no JL to save us.

All we had to do was stick to the Plan B. Bring in a couple of reasonably priced players like Bellegarde and Elvedi with a couple of smart loans / payment structures on top and we could have avoided all this.

Why would you feel for him? It's not like Steve Davis who was put into the position, he willingly took the job. He's a charlatan, a fraud and I sincerely hope he never gets another job in football.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They didn't "get rid of JL".

Lopetegui saw the writing on the wall with our transfer policy and quit of his own accord after the Celtic friendly at the end of July. He agreed to remain for the final friendlies while a successor was worked on.

OK, I wasn't aware it was that clear cut that he'd left of his own accord.

Antonline1987

Groupie
Reaction score
OK I've tried to be level headed and wanted to give GON time but you can't be dominated like that by a team like luton even with 11 men and the subs were very negative today ...... I'm worried now after that especially as our next 2 league games are city and villa his interview on soccer Saturday when the reporter asks him why his team didn't deal with what he said was coming before the game is worrying

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
last time I went to Luton the manager was gone by the time I’d got home, praying for the same tonight.
The last time I went to Luton, the match got called off. The time before that the match got called off too. Not sure if it was two years on the trot? Never, ever got in the ground.

Spose I got off lightly.

Today was a damn tough watch.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let it sink in that Cunha and Fabios cost each is probably not even the amount of the 11 we played against today , combined or one of their prices we paid .

Really poor from garbage Gary and the weak pansies we have signed in the most . International footballers my **** .

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not good enough for Bournemouth = nowhere, not in a million years, good enough for even a sniff, even from the top of Mount Everest, of the manager's job at Wolves. Anyone with even half of a footballing brain knows that. But not fat Hobbs! **** 'em both off. ****s.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuine question as I'd love to know if anyone has now decided they are GON out after today's game? Or if it's us usual posters who still want him out?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let it sink in that Cunha and Fabios cost each is probably not even the amount of the 11 we played against today , combined or one of their prices we paid .

Really poor from garbage Gary and the weak pansies we have signed in the most . International footballers my **** .

I agree with your broad point. But Cunhas and Fabios fees were nothing to do with O'Neil. Though it all links together- paying way over the odds for the wrong kind of player, then getting the wrong manager in. At least Fosun are consistently bad in their decision making. I wonder what wrong when they got Nuno? Maybe Jeff was on his holidays and the temp stand in decided on that one?

I agree on the physicality ,too, which is why we should have had someone like Toti on from the start. And it should have been rammed into the players not to get wound up by Luton's gamesmanship. Bellegard should have rolled over holding his face, for example. It's not nice, but then it's not a nice game any more. Semedo should have been given the week off, this was never going to be his day. Nor Cunha.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need Fosun, Hobbs and GON to all **** off and **** with all the *******s about beware what you wish for we COULD get Bhattis mrk2 could get far better too!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seeing as the GO defenders keep throwing the arsenal and Brighton games as defence that GO is doing well compared to JL…..

JL WON his game with 10 men last season….

It also away from home and he did so against a team that is much better than this Luton one played today…..

If you think we are better or the same under GO than it was under JL I have some tartan paint and snake oil to sell you…… oh and a friend who is a Nigerian prince who is in need of some cash but promises a massive return as thank you

Hahahaha

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Seeing as the GO defenders keep throwing the arsenal and Brighton games as defence that GO is doing well compared to JL…..

JL WON his game with 10 men last season….

It also away from home and he did so against a team that is much better than this Luton one played today…..

If you think we are better or the same under GO than it was under JL I have some tartan paint and snake oil to sell you…… oh and a friend who is a Nigerian prince who is in need of some cash but promises a massive return as thank you

Hahahaha
Other than Waveney, who is doing that?

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on then @Yduti - what’s your source telling you?
You said a week ago he wasn’t under pressure but needed to deliver a result. I sincerely hope a 1-1 draw to the bottom team does not constitute a result.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
O’Neill is just a useless patsy. Absolutely beggars belief he ended up manager of our club.

Which brings me on to my main point, our club is dead. Hollow and dead.

Under Nuno we were alive. Quite literally alive and kicking. Those who oversaw the removal of Nuno and the unravelling to where we are now should all be fired and just start from scratch.

Apathy reins.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When you consider any Premier League job is one of the top jobs in world football for a manager, it just beggars belief we choose this guy out of all the choices in the world. Like what were we thinking? even if he keeps us up, why would you do that?

No experience bar 9 months of playing pretty dire hoofball; and he only got that job because he happened to be in the right place at the right time, not because he impressed at a previous job. Then gets immediately sacked because the previous owner didn't trust his ability enough to invest more of his money on signings for him.

Just crazy that a team of people paid to make these decisions came up with this as the answer.

Are we really going to let this go on till January?

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? That's a bizarre comment!
Why? Who are you going for next and how many games are you giving them? How many managers can you get through in a season? No one in the pool of available managers we can afford , or attract, is going to make the difference in the short time that many will want to judge them over. I'm sure Big Sam would appreciate the cash, but does anyone seriously think it would be a better option?

Back
Top Bottom