Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gary O’Neil

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sick to death of some on here. Couldn’t wait for us to concede just you could stick the knife in. I bet you lot were gutted watching us in the first half and had to hold off posting your pre written messages of hate
Yeah. I only post here in the hope Wolves lose games and we continue struggling. Clearly

We hired a poor manager. He is performing poorly

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Cunha and Sa cost him at least a point today, maybe even 3.

****ing pathetic how desperate some are to jump on him within minutes of a loss to the 2nd best team in the country.
He's already lost as many home games as Lop during his time here. The second half displays are incredibly inept.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

****ing pathetic how desperate some are to jump on him within minutes of a loss to the 2nd best team in the country.
How do you explain the negativity in our play after halftime? We were playing about 15 yards deeper into our own half.

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
I’m sick to death of some on here. Couldn’t wait for us to concede just you could stick the knife in. I bet you lot were gutted watching us in the first half and had to hold off posting your pre written messages of hate
I don't think its sticking the knife in - it's seeing what is in front of you and the fact is that we seem to have extended spells normally after his half time team talk i.e. the whole 2nd half today / after equalising vs Palace / immediately post the break vs Brighton, where we look like miles off it and at time looking like a league 2 team trying to cling on for a point.

That's on O'Neil - it's his tactics / words in the players heads and in my opinion it's a follow on from his time in Bournemouth where he was in survival mode from day 1.

I'd love O'Neil to succeed, and he should be credited with the way we started today. But his job is to use his squad to the best of his ability to ensure we are competitive for a full 90 mins with the intention of winning.

Still early days, but I haven't seen enough to suggest he is able to deliver on this, which is even more frustrating given some of the players we have in this team.

Last edited:

The House of Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How do you explain the negativity in our play after halftime? We were playing about 15 yards deeper into our own half.

Cause I imagine Klopp went on full on lunatic at half time and Liverpool actually came out and threw bodies forward unlike the first half.

You can’t just force a high line against a team like Liverpool just as they’re finding their feet in the game.

T

TheConcourse

Please stop with the excuses.

Brighton, Palace, Everton - we fell apart in all three games. We fell apart today.

It’s not Gary’s fault. He won the absolute lottery of a lifetime, and I attach zero blame to him - none at all. He isn’t ready for this role.

I don’t know why we’re sleepwalking into relegation, and then continuously defending him after every game.

**** happens, we made a bad decision, it’s time to react before we get cut adrift. He’s got two games for me: City & Luton.

Anything less than 3 points and it’s see ya later.

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its nothing kneejerk IMO, he shouldnt have had the job in the first place. The opinion polls told you everything you needed to know. This is exactly what we expected to happen.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cause I imagine Klopp went on full on lunatic at half time and Liverpool actually came out and threw bodies forward unlike the first half.

You can’t just force a high line against a team like Liverpool just as they’re finding their feet in the game.
So you admit that Klopp's half time talk can have a positive effect but you don't think Gary O'Neill's can have a negative one? Fair enough.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the only sub I would change is Sasa instead of sasa

SRabia offers **** all and Semedo needed help . Maybe put Doyle out there

He set them up well though. Play like that every week and we will be mid table

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have supported wolves for 25 years and I’ve never come across a manager I dislike and am against so early as Gary PE
What he must have said in the second half scares me
Get rid

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At half-time, a master tactician who spotted how to hurt an elite manager and his team, with his players clearly fighting for him and buying into the new regime.

By full-time, a man levels below his counterpart, whose first thought when in the face of adversity is to go into his shell. Making inept substitutions that only react to the opposition's individuals with not one second of thought about how his own team's shape would look with the new personnel. A 'dead-man walking' in managerial speak and only a matter of time.

Just another day supporting the Wolves :)

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Genuinely not sure what to think. First half was the first time (I think) I could see the shape and style that O’Neil wants to play.

But our second half performances continue to be a massive cause for concern. Conceding 10 in three second halves (7 at home and 3 to Palace) has all the hallmarks of a relegation side. And again, we don’t seem to be able to respond to tactical changes made by the opposition.

The most annoying thing is if we’d have stuck to Plan B and bought in a couple of reasonably priced players such as Bellegarde and Bueno or Elvedi, JL would still be here and I’d be feeling a lot more confident about our situation.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all know this is a foregone conclusion. I’d say get him gone now but no clue who’s out there.

Hobbs seems to be drawn in by the British coaches so I don’t have high hopes.

Murderonzidanesfloor

Reaction score

But you don’t have to concede ground, the ball in the interests of trying to protect the result either, particularly not with 45 mins to go!!

Weird tactic to come out the way we did; clearly tactical decision to sit deeper. It didn’t just happen!!

Back
Top Bottom