Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gary’s De-Presser

Stourwolf

Reaction score
West Ham squad is better than ours player for player and he'd get financial backing and maybe a European challenge.

He also still lives in London.

He's as West Ham a manager as could ever be.
I do think he would go to West Ham if the opportunity was given. Working with fosun and Jeff shi must be so difficult when the goalposts keep changing !

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think he would go to West Ham if the opportunity was given. Working with fosun and Jeff shi must be so difficult when the goalposts keep changing !

If they win the Europa, he could well manage a champions league team!!!!

If that were to happen, I recon there is a chance West Ham don’t keep Moyes on! As crazy as that sounds…..

The pull of that for an ex-west ham player and London lad would be fairly substantial and I wouldn’t blame him or think badly of him if he took a job like that on!

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Ham squad is better than ours player for player and he'd get financial backing and maybe a European challenge.

He also still lives in London.

He's as West Ham a manager as could ever be.
Well agree to disagree on that.

What I would say is they are realistically the only club we could lose him to in the summer.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well agree to disagree on that.

What I would say is they are realistically the only club we could lose him to in the summer.

You seriously think after starting 11’s (where I think we shade it) that the bench and then depth is better than theirs?

I don’t….. We have the better 11, but we do have a much weaker total a squad after that.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You seriously think after starting 11’s (where I think we shade it) that the bench and then depth is better than theirs?

I don’t….. We have the better 11, but we do have a much weaker total a squad after that.
I didn’t say that.

I disagreed with him being a ‘West Ham manager as ever could be’.

iamthenewno2

Reaction score
They really do have to sort the Wolves App out, why have a link to the press conference if it never works, by the time it connects the match will have started (maybe not even by then).

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
They really do have to sort the Wolves App out, why have a link to the press conference if it never works, by the time it connects the match will have started (maybe not even by then).
Always works for me on my phone.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Worked for me on iPhone

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that gets rid of the idea it was an Android problem, the app just hates me then!
I don't have a problem in connection with Android tablet or phone. The issue I have had in the past is purely with the way the App is laid out. The last two Academy games have been fine, because the link to stream has been there, on the front page well before KO. In the past this hasn't always been the case and unlike the website, there seems to be no way of navigation around the App to get to the current live stream on Wolves TV. You just have to wait until they put it up, which on at least 2 occasions last month was after the game had started.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Howard Webb making up stuff yet again

They are a disgrace
This may be the point to focus on.

The PGMOL are putting the interests of their organisation and members above those of fairness and the correct interpretation of the rules.

This means allowing referees to change their own decision, because someone else is not sure if it is the right decision. So not a "clear and obvious" error, but a matter of opinion. Everything that VAR was not supposed to be involved in, because of the disruption involved to the game, as happened last Saturday.

And it is worth restating, as Oneil does, that all of this happened because of terrible interpretation of the relevant rule.

The player standing in an offside position does not touch the ball, does not physically impede the goalkeeper, does not interfere with the line of sight of the goalkeeper and does not prevent the goalkeeper from making a save in any other way. To still insist that this was the right decision can only create disillusionment and suspicion towards the referees in general.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This may be the point to focus on.

The PGMOL are putting the interests of their organisation and members above those of fairness and the correct interpretation of the rules.

This means allowing referees to change their own decision, because someone else is not sure if it is the right decision. So not a "clear and obvious" error, but a matter of opinion. Everything that VAR was not supposed to be involved in, because of the disruption involved to the game, as happened last Saturday.

And it is worth restating, as Oneil does, that all of this happened because of terrible interpretation of the relevant rule.

The player standing in an offside position does not touch the ball, does not physically impede the goalkeeper, does not interfere with the line of sight of the goalkeeper and does not prevent the goalkeeper from making a save in any other way. To still insist that this was the right decision can only create disillusionment and suspicion towards the referees in general.

Howard Webb has basically admitted that the referees don’t understand the spirit of the game or even failed in the standard of “not re-refereeing the game” that he set publicly.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just read the official words from the panel and not how GON described it all……

They read: "Chirewa is clearly in an offside position, in the line of the goalkeeper's vision and in close proximity to the goalkeeper, which clearly impacts his decision-making. The attacker is making contact with the goalkeeper up until the ball is headed towards goal, which restricts what the goalkeeper is able to do."

And based on that wording , like I did last weekend. I can see why the decision was given.

I think GON needs to start more accurately saying what the other person or people are saying to him…. As it was far more than just proximity…..

Add that to the polar different words of Moyes, GON needs to be more accurate in sharing what others are saying as he is painting very different pictures of what they say based on what we have seen when those parties have talked about the same things.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They read: "Chirewa is clearly in an offside position, in the line of the goalkeeper's vision and in close proximity to the goalkeeper, which clearly impacts his decision-making. The attacker is making contact with the goalkeeper up until the ball is headed towards goal, which restricts what the goalkeeper is able to do."

And based on that wording , like I did last weekend. I can see why the decision was given.

I think GON needs to start more accurately saying what the other person or people are saying to him…. As it was far more than just proximity…..

Add that to the polar different words of Moyes, GON needs to be more accurate in sharing what others are saying as he is painting very different pictures of what they say based on what we have seen when those parties have talked about the same things.
Well the panel haven’t described it how it was though. Chirewa isn’t making contact with the goalkeeper up until the ball is headed towards goal. They are blatantly lying to make it fit their narrative. The goalkeeper wasn’t restricted.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well the panel haven’t described it how it was though. Chirewa isn’t making contact with the goalkeeper up until the ball is headed towards goal. They are blatantly lying to make it fit their narrative. The goalkeeper wasn’t restricted.

Standing infront of the keeper does impact his reaction time.

And read it….. then re-watch it.

Not an unfair description, chiwome does bump the keeper a few times

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Standing infront of the keeper does impact his reaction time.

And read it….. then re-watch it.

Not an unfair description, chiwome does bump the keeper a few times
I have watched it and read it. They clearly state he is in contact with the keeper until the ball is headed goalwards. He isn’t.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have watched it and read it. They clearly state he is in contact with the keeper until the ball is headed goalwards. He isn’t.

They bump back and forth into each other a few times, that is what they mean by the “contact” comment based on things I have read from them in the past.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even so, it’s still not right up until Kilman heads the ball.

But as I said last weekend, if you do something on the line or slightly into the grey of the law book, you allow a decision to be made.

For all we disagree with it and it not being in the spirit of the game, I said they would use wording and hide behind it…..

That is what has happened with this one!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bulls doodas

I agree, but I am saying that using the language they used was to try and get into a defence where they are hiding behind the law.

They are not technically wrong…… because of the wording they have used as a cover all for the situation

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, but I am saying that using the language they used was to try and get into a defence where they are hiding behind the law.

They are not technically wrong…… because of the wording they have used as a cover all for the situation

It’s how those crooked incompetents respond to almost all errors.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s how those crooked incompetents respond to almost all errors.

It is yes…….. it is wrong that they do this on so many levels……

But to the wider football community who aren’t us, they will now accept it and move on and if we keep going on about it, it makes us as a club look like we are being unreasonable.

It is all a PR game and GON getting his charge for what he has and how he hasn’t explained it in the way it was written to the public doesn’t make him or the club look good to the wider football community who aren’t as close to it all or been ****ed over to the extent we have.

Everton got more defence and public love for cheating the rules than we have on this incident…… just saying

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

“The attacker is making contact with the goalkeeper up until the ball is headed towards goal” is an interesting sentence to include, considering it is utterly irrelevant to the offside “offence” which begins the moment the ball hits Kilman’s head.

Back
Top Bottom