Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Games this weekend..?

waltononthehillwolf

Reaction score
Is there some kind of mini break happening - no PL games at all this weekend or am I just being saft..?

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
seems mad with all the games that have been postponed through COVID - I bet some teams are off touring to earn extra dollar...

Now that is just so cynical! They need a break, the poor lads! To suggest that some clubs would be flying off to foreign climes to use the time as a marketing opportunity is frankly just unfounded and absurd.

By the way, I'll just leave this here:

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feels weird there being no games on this weekend.

But imagine how weird it will feel at the end of this year.

6 week break from 14th November, with the next fixture being on Boxing Day, 8 days after the World Cup final!

I would imagine we might see some quite interesting friendlies over that period, to keep those that aren't called up for the World Cup ticking over.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now that is just so cynical! They need a break, the poor lads! To suggest that some clubs would be flying off to foreign climes to use the time as a marketing opportunity is frankly just unfounded and absurd.

By the way, I'll just leave this here:
Warm weather training?! Depends where in the KSA they are going. I worked for a couple of years next door in Kuwait and it got down to freezing point at night in January... and nobody had any heating, as its gets to 40C + in the summer. And I wonder how many of the players realise they won't be able to get an alcoholic drink (not officially, anyway)? I doubt whether an ignorant **** like John-Jo Shelvey will. He was the one who racially insulted Saiss in the game at their place back in 2016 (which we won 2-0).

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't Bruno say in his misunderstood "taking us to Europe" question that we were off to Spain ?

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't Bruno say in his misunderstood "taking us to Europe" question that we were off to Spain ?
he wanted to, but because of COVID it wasn't possible.

The first team are all on an extended break - not sure how long officially, however given a few seem to have flown to Dubai, I'd hazard a guess at least 5 days

Golden Moth

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I always thought the winter break was supposed to be half and half. i.e 5 games each weekend??

This has been the case in recent England "winter breaks".
But this one is not a winter break, it's an international break with South America, North and Central America, and Asia all catching up on covid posponed world cup qualifying games.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Warm weather training?! Depends where in the KSA they are going. I worked for a couple of years next door in Kuwait and it got down to freezing point at night in January... and nobody had any heating, as its gets to 40C + in the summer. And I wonder how many of the players realise they won't be able to get an alcoholic drink (not officially, anyway)? I doubt whether an ignorant **** like John-Jo Shelvey will. He was the one who racially insulted Saiss in the game at their place back in 2016 (which we won 2-0).
If John-Jo Shelvey gets picked in the World Cup squad then we'll all need a drink!

Back
Top Bottom