Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Game on, top 6, top 4 can we ?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we had signed someone like coutinho, I'd fancy us to really kick on now. But we struggled to score goals anyway and actually weakened the squad.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such a big game tonight. Not hopeful I’m afraid, just close enough to get us excited and the pessimist in me knows from history.

It’s also criminal we didn’t strengthen in January it really is. I know it’s been said a billion times but just so frustrating.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Negativity on here is awful considering what great form and position we are in. We are flying.

Too much emotion based on the transfer window. We should all be excited for tonight's fixture.

We've seen so many times before. Football isn't won on paper.
It's won on form, belief, brains and team unity.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I‘m also thinking 10 to 12 finish and considering our incredible lack of goals, I find that ok.

I sometimes think our goal shortage is not the elephant in the room…..imo, it’s a herd of elephants. Yes we have injuries but crickey, it’s nearly mid February and we‘re not much better than we were.
10 teams below us have more goals than we do…..thank god our defence is doing great or we’d be in a scary spot.
You defend as a team

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not out the question a top 6 finish at all . Bruno has done a remarkable job and will continue to do so.

I do think ultimately it will come down to the decision to let traore go on loan, and failure to sign a CM - that will cost us a top 6 finish , let alone top 4 which is still on the cards.

Then ultimately neves etc. will be off.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he did it would make a mockery of the idea you have to spend millions every transfer window
No one is suggesting you do. Just a CM signing once in 3 years and don’t let one of your better players go on loan.

It will prove Bruno to be an extremely good manager even more so than he has so far

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My money is on finishing 5th, which would be great. Straight into Europa ideally and time to strengthen for our next European adventure.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm excited .... love a night game.... my villa supporting mate is coming with me. He's looking forward to also.
He's not one of their 1982 type idiots either.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've still got my fingers crossed for 7th, I don't think we will achieve more than that and even that is debatable, big month this month which could define our season

D

Deleted member (smith)

I've still got my fingers crossed for 7th, I don't think we will achieve more than that and even that is debatable, big month this month which could define our season

of course anything is possible …..the beauty of the premier league that is its so competitive.Wolves continue to struggle against defensive teams like Burnley , Norwich and Brentford, but exceed expectations against attacking teams.It is foolish to raise expectations or assume that we will win against any team in the premier league…on the other hand none in the top ten have scored more than one goal against us.…so all is possible.The bipolar reactions to setbacks on this board suggest some people don’t understand how volatile the league is.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wish people didn’t talk about top 4.
Only setting us up to seem to have failed.
6th would be an amazing achievement.
6th would be great, hoping for 4th doesn't mean 6th is a failure though. The lunatic fringe will use it to say "FOSUN out" whatever place we finish in, we don't have to buy into that.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not had a better chance in decades,,if we d splashed the cash on ONE top striker, and in my opinion, kept traore...we may have just got 4th.
Can't see us loosing next 4 games, but can we score enough to win them..oh I hope so

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After today: I can hear that certain anthem in the distance!

HUGE WIN!

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was never off. If we'd beaten Arsenal it would still only be a possibility of finishing fourth as it is now. Far too much emphasis being put on the outcome of one match. Ridiculous.
I agree, my comment was tongue in cheek. The Bi Polar football fan in full flow again this week

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we have a punchers chance at 6th, don't score anywhere near enough goals for top 4 but if we can increase our goals per game by 20% over back end of season we can certainly get Europa.

I would say, that should we get through the rest of the season without picking up further serious injuries, we will qualify for Europe. Probably not CL, as I think that requires too many teams to continue to misfire. Equally, none of the teams in the mix are playing consistently better than us, so there’s no reason why it shouldn’t be us unless we get hit badly by injuries. My guess is maybe sixth, which would be a fantastic achievement.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
See what happens and take every game as it comes. If we end up 5th/6th then happy days

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we were to finish 6th this season it would be beyond my wildest dreams. That might seem somewhat defeatist to some but to be in the position we are currently in, with the squad we've had to date, due to injuries and a perceived lack of investment, is nothing short of miraculous!
That said, with the calibre of player we now have coming back from said injuries, we could have an extremely strong finish to the season and who knows, maybe Fosun have been far more considered in their approach to things than many, myself included, have given them credit for.
Regardless of where we do end up, it feels great to be mixing it with the big boys and not feel like the plucky underdog anymore, it feels like we 100% belong!

MobNet Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The idea of turning our noses up at 5000 Wolves fans in some Eastern European city square on a sunny Thursday afternoon is madness. Who cares about the relative value of the competition!?

Also may become a bit like the Europa League in so far as it took English clubs way too long to take it seriously.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d still bite your hand off for the Europa Conference League.

**** being snooty about it. Wolves in Europe is Wolves in Europe and we’d have a damn good chance at winning the whole thing.
Absolutely, Wolves in Europe in any capacity will be amazing, certainly wouldn't be turning my nose up at that conference league

Would come with challenges yes, but with a real chance of European silverware and (presumably) a Europa League group place up for grabs, it would be a great adventure for us... something so many fans have only a couple of seasons back to have experienced

7th would be amazing. 6th is the dream, anything above that is another stratosphere but Europe in any capacity would be an incredible achievement

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have a great chance of 5th / 7th which would potentially land us European football. Even European conference league cup be an achievement!! I think we need to beat either leicester or west ham to keep the run going which we are capable of doing no problem. Of course now it’s back in our hands. We can do this!! DREAMING IS FOR FREE!!

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, my comment was tongue in cheek. The Bi Polar football fan in full flow again this week
Doesn’t every true football fan feel as low as could be after a loss and as high as a kite after a win?

I’m heading toward 60 now but don’t mind admitting the Wolves result affects my mood significantly

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have a great chance of 5th / 7th which would potentially land us European football. Even European conference league cup be an achievement!! I think we need to beat either leicester or west ham to keep the run going which we are capable of doing no problem. Of course now it’s back in our hands. We can do this!! DREAMING IS FOR FREE!!
I am still going for 5th.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn’t every true football fan feel as low as could be after a loss and as high as a kite after a win?

I’m heading toward 60 now but don’t mind admitting the Wolves result affects my mood significantly
I'm not making light of mental health issues, as I've had my fair share over the years but I'm positively bipolar when it comes to our results and I don't mind admitting it. Cloud 9 when we win and the depths of despair when we lose...and then either can last for days!

Back
Top Bottom