Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Futsal

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's not been mentioned before, but our capt'n, Max, played Futsal for England. ;) Now, Joe Cole and Peter Crouch are aiming for similar. Here they meet up with the maestro for a brief training session. Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but I'd not seen it until today.
Enjoy!

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My lad played futsal for some time and to be fair it did improve his normal football game. It teaches quick feet quick decisions and to play in tight spots. I would recommend it to youngsters looking to improve their game. They can run the sessions alongside their normal football training.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And the ball is different, smaller and heavier!

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I can’t get my head around is that you can play a men’s international friendly or in an U21 tournament yet still change countries but once Max played Futsal for England he can’t play for the Ukraine national side in men’s football

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What? Max has played Futsal for England. Never heard that before?
What I can’t get my head around is that you can play a men’s international friendly or in an U21 tournament yet still change countries but once Max played Futsal for England he can’t play for the Ukraine national side in men’s football

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What's the difference between Futsal and indoor 5 a side?
The ball hardly bounces, so a lot of the game is played on the floor, where quick passes and skill are more important than launching it about.

You can go in the area as well, as opposed to 5 a side. Also there is kick ins, instead of throw ins.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great game, kids should grow up playing it. You get so many more touches of the ball.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ball hardly bounces, so a lot of the game is played on the floor, where quick passes and skill are more important than launching it about.

You can go in the area as well, as opposed to 5 a side. Also there is kick ins, instead of throw ins.

I played futsal, it was a damn weird thing....the ball is also much heavier so you can't shoot from distance.
It reduces the impact of you just wellying the ball and forces close control, pass and move....also no tackling from behind even to nick the ball away, so it's hard to get the ball back until someone is facing you. First time I played I nearly died, face was like a beetroot and I felt like a large lumbering articulated lorry, took 2 months to get up to speed and really improved my fitness.
The gym I played at used to have Tom Rogic playing there a few years before, just a Uni gym for friendlies and mini-leagues.
He won a skills competition which won him a trial at an A League club, they signed him up, a year later he gets a move to Celtic and did 9 seasons there. All off the back of futsal skills, just like Kilman.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I played futsal, it was a damn weird thing....the ball is also much heavier so you can't shoot from distance.
It reduces the impact of you just wellying the ball and forces close control, pass and move....also no tackling from behind even to nick the ball away, so it's hard to get the ball back until someone is facing you. First time I played I nearly died, face was like a beetroot and I felt like a large lumbering articulated lorry, took 2 months to get up to speed and really improved my fitness.
The gym I played at used to have Tom Rogic playing there a few years before, just a Uni gym for friendlies and mini-leagues.
He won a skills competition which won him a trial at an A League club, they signed him up, a year later he gets a move to Celtic and did 9 seasons there. All off the back of futsal skills, just like Kilman.
Yeah was tiring! So much movement and indoor as well, so much sweat. You're right about the distance shooting, was like a petrol station air-flow, the harder you hit it from distance didn't mean it would speed up like a normal ball.
Our team was pretty good, but the Birmingham Tigers or whatever they were called, the league team nabbed our GK and star striker so we didn't get anywhere.
I remember there was roll on roll off subs, and the league teams used to take substitute most of the team every 5 minutes, like in Ice Hockey, which was a pain in the neck when your team barely had any subs.

Back
Top Bottom